Ederson

Why?

I understand that he's no Eddie with the ball at his feet and he will need to improve and has since he's been with us, but Pep and the team will have to adapt also while he does.

There isn't an issue with his shot stopping, catching and control of the box and as we bought him, the club must feel that he has the ability to be our number one if needed.
He worries me, look at the cup final.

A huge difference from a no2 to playing week in week out.

Yeah, but we have no idea what happened there. If Ortega called for the ball, then that was Gvardiol's fault, but we may never know.

But everyone makes mistakes, we've seen Eddie come charging out his goal over the years that have cost us too.
We don’t however he is facing the play so he should be making that call
He comes hesitates and goes back then is in no man’s land
Gvardiol was under massive pressure for me the one making the decisIon is the keeper
Yes I agree re Edersons he has come out and made errors
But how many saves does he make coming out early and reading it ?
Prevents danger before it occurs with his high line

He worries me, look at the cup final.

A huge difference from a no2 to playing week in week out.
The cup final was down to two main things.

One, the defence weren’t as used to playing with him as they are with Ederson.

Two, the ball was a freak, insomuch as its depth meant the connection point was exactly on the line of the penalty area, meaning both Ortega and Gvardiol weren’t sure who should go for it.

We’ll never know if Ortega would have been more confident in dealing with it if he was our number 1.

The cup final was down to two main things.

One, the defence weren’t as used to playing with him as they are with Ederson.

Two, the ball was a freak, insomuch as its depth meant the connection point was exactly on the line of the penalty area, meaning both Ortega and Gvardiol weren’t sure who should go for it.

We’ll never know if Ortega would have been more confident in dealing with it if he was our number 1.
Ederson is also a huge figure in the dressing room, a big personality and a player very much liked by his teammates.

It will be a huge blow to lose him this summer and for me it would considerably weaken us.

I wonder if Ederson will only get the plaudits when he leaves and people realise how good and revolutionary he was/is
He gets praise already, I don't think anybody is happy that Ederson could leave and that there will be no drop off with Ortega but the reality is, there is no one as good on the ball as Ederson and Ortega has proven himself as a goalkeeper already at City so he will get the job.

If it was as easy to find someone like Ederson that some on here think they would already be at one of the top clubs and completely unobtainable.

There was no chance that we spend the Ederson money on another keeper this close to the season. Ortega is ready to go, had a summer off, will be involved throughout pre season and has more than earnt his crack at permanent number one.

Don't disagree. It is who we get in as a number though, 2 or 3 whicever. Doubt we'd go into the season with just Ortega and Carson.

Furthermore there is a reason Ortega has played the majority of his football outside the top German division and isn’t the National keeper
It’s all opinions but for me a great number 2 and great to cover for Edersons injuries etc
However Ederson is world class and has the 10 plus trophies and international pedigree to prove it

Ederson is not the national team keeper either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.