Ederson

He worries me, look at the cup final.

A huge difference from a no2 to playing week in week out.
I luv Eddie and don't want him to leave, but in the cup final could you see that Eddie coming out for that ball? I could, because that's what he's done in the past.

If you're pointing out single games, what about Ortega's save against Son at spurs? he arguably won us the title with that save and i'm not sure Eddie would've saved that.

For all the people who think we will be considerably weaker with Ortega as #1, how do you explain that he played 9 games in PL with no defeats (against Tottenham Liverpool or Newcastle away, Arsenal home...)? 7 wins and 2 draws there.

Pure luck I guess...

Remember the penalty that Ederson cost us against Liverpool who could have cost us the league or Tottenham away last season where he gifted a goal with a bad pass?

Guess what? GK make mistakes. Such a big revelation...
They do make mistakes - every player does!
A revelation for you ,as you seem to like them ,but only an opinion .I reckon Ortega would make more.
I base that on his Division 2 Germany career and lack of international football
As opposed to Ederson who is widely recognised as world class

Ederson is also a huge figure in the dressing room, a big personality and a player very much liked by his teammates.

It will be a huge blow to lose him this summer and for me it would considerably weaken us.
Sure, but we would have some continuity with Ortega, whereas bringing in a brand new keeper will take time to bed in, so whilst none of us want the mad Brazilian bastard to leave, having Ortega is far better than not.

Nobody is eddie , that is all

I agree. There seem to be two conversations going on. Ortega instead of Eddie. And Ortega instead of another new replacement, should Eddie leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.