Ederson

Naive for me anyone thinking this isn't a huge blow if he leaves. Personally I would have him as the 2nd most 'important' player we have.

Ortega is a great keeper, arguably a better shot stopper but big drop off in terms of distribution. Any keeper will be a drop off unfortunately. I would stick with Ortega if Ederson leaves and sign a young keeper, happy to play cup games etc.

Hopefully stays put, can make this move in 2/3 years but would leave with my blessing.

Naive for me anyone thinking this isn't a huge blow if he leaves. Personally I would have him as the 2nd most 'important' player we have.

Ortega is a great keeper, arguably a better shot stopper but big drop off in terms of distribution. Any keeper will be a drop off unfortunately. I would stick with Ortega if Ederson leaves and sign a young keeper, happy to play cup games etc.

Hopefully stays put, can make this move in 2/3 years but would leave with my blessing.
Ortega's distribution is pretty good. Last night he was distributing some great passes into midfiled.

Really hope he stays but if money & early retirement are his main wants in life, then good luck to him

£50m isn't needed to get a number two - de Gea is on offer for free.
Don't know that we'll go for a number 2, but if we do it will be one capable of paying a run of games in our team, that will cost most of that £50 mill or more.If you think De Gea can play for Pep you've not been watching.

Surely the money is there already to strengthen the midfield? Its more a case of if the player is there rather than the money.
Yup, there is a finite amount of player capital that can improve us as a team. Thankfully for us Madrid is basically the only club in world football that has more drawing power than us, so even though we are swimming in the shallow end of the pool there aren’t many people there with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.