Ederson

yeah I agree with this. It would be hard not to accept an offer of this especially as he's won the lot with us already
That's exactly it, He's won every club competition that there is to win with us, He might have a different mind set if he was missing a Champions League or Premier League from his collection.

I'd love for him to stay, There's no other keeper in world football like Ederson he's unique.

On twitter Man City Brazil is claiming that eddy didn't want Ortega to be re-signed, and this caused him to want out.

He then claims that Eddy felt threatened by Ortega, and didn't like the love Pep was showing towards Ortega.

Translation:
Ederson didn't want Ortega to renew with Man City. Soon after the end of the season, he fueled rumors of a possible exit through Fabrizio Romano, suggesting a posture of "either him, or me".

Translation:
Ederson didn't want Ortega to renew with Man City. Soon after the end of the season, he fueled rumors of a possible exit through Fabrizio Romano, suggesting a posture of "either him, or me".

Thanks captain obvious.

Ederson didn't want Ortega to renew - no shit, why would he? Newsflash - footballers are selfish and they want to play. Ortega wouldn't have signed that contract if he didn't get assurances of game time, regardless of Ederson staying or going.

Ederson's people told Romano about the Saudi interest - once again, no shit. Who else would tell him? It's called leveraging a better deal for your client and everyone does it.

"suggesting a posture of 'either him or me.'" - assuming this is the right translation, sounds like guesswork to me. Leaking that you're going to Saudi is the worst possible way to get Ortega sold - if anything, the reason Ortega got his new deal so swiftly was because of the uncertainty around Ederson's future! Far more likely it was about getting City to come to the table on a new contract for Ederson.

Again he is still under contract. We aren't going to get bullied by either Eddy or Al-Ittihad. He wouldn't have trained with the first team and not gone on tour if he was that disruptive.

Still can't believe some blues thinks that his impact is minimal and any keeper can do what Edi does on the pitch.

He have big impact as much as Rodri was to how we play on each and every week, anyone that can't see this is just really lack in football knowledge.
Who has said his impact is minimal and any keeper can do what he does? Tell us. What is the basis for this statement, please?

I personally think you are making that up and using it to support your position and create and argument that isn't real.

Have people said, if he goes we can try and find someone who could be a good replacement, whether that is Ortega or a player yet to be identified? Absolutely. Virtually everything I've read here is there will be no like for like exactly but we have/can get a good #1 in his stead.

Going forward, it would behoove you to be honest in your argument. Otherwise, you lessen your position because people know you are being disingenuous.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.