Edin Doesn't Score Important Goals

rickmcfc said:
Please don't shout me down, hear what i have to say. Quite simply Dzeko does not score goals, when we need one. If we are winning 3-0, he will score a 4th. If its 0-0 and we need a goal, he simply does not deliver. Here is some interesting reading.

August 28th, scored opener against Tottenham
October 29th, scored 1st and 2nd in a 3-1 win against Wolves.
November 5th, scored 1st against QPR
January 16th, scored 1st against Wigan

All his other goals are "less important". I know your going to come back and say that every goal is important which i agree to a certain extent, but scoring the 6th when we are 5-1 up, is not as important as scoring to make us win 1-0. I feel he is a weak link in our side, and given his oportunities, he should have scored a lot more. He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

Your "location" says everything about your football knowledge.

Mancini - ohhh said:
This begs the question why on earth did we get him if we werent gonna make him the focal point in our attack, game in game out!!??..

... because we had a shitload of money and just about every big club in Europe wanted him so he must be good... I think that was as about as much thought as went into it. Infact the same could be said for Nasri - buy now worry whether they "fit" or not later.

I think the big clubs are tracking him, maybe even the rags, they'll know his value has dropped because of the way we play him not because he's become any worse a player. (His international performances support this view). There will be managers with decent wingers on their team that will welcome him with open arms.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
If we had Bale on one wing, Valencia on the other and Aguero playing off him then he would be ok.

As it is he has to constantly come looking for the ball and that shows his flaws up.

I think I'd be better than 'ok' in those circumstances. The fact he would need all those excellent players constantly wiping his arse to make him 'ok' tells us all we need to know chaps.

Mancini - ohhh said:
This begs the question why on earth did we get him if we werent gonna make him the focal point in our attack, game in game out!!??

Yep, I agree with all of what you said, especially this bit. Which is why I think he is becoming another Jo like the author said.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:04 pm --<br /><br />
gogop said:
rickmcfc said:
Your "location" says everything about your football knowledge.

Faith is different than knowledge.

Can I suggest something?

Can all Dzeko haters have their topic "Crucify Dzeko" where they can slate him all day and praising him is forbidden?

Can all Dzeko supporters have their topic "Dzeko the God" where they can praise him and where slating him is forbidden?

Can all of us who value him as a City player have our topic "Dzeko" to discuss normally about him without brainless praising and slating, where all members of the groups mentioned above are forbidden to post on?

Thank you.

This will be all for tonight.

Zmajuga said:
Can all of us who value him as a City player have our topic "Dzeko" to discuss normally about him without brainless praising and slating, where all members of the groups mentioned above are forbidden to post on?

In my opinion this is one of those topics.

dobobobo said:
Zmajuga said:

In my opinion this is one of those topics.

No it is not - just look at "Stoned rose" comments.

He is calling a two-time Bundesliga top scorer, WC2010 qualifiers runner-up, and 20+ million striker (even now) a SHIT player. No less, mind you - just SHIT.

So, if you can find ANY SENSE in that - props to you mate, I cannot.

To me that's just bunch of high-school grade garbage rather than knowledgeable football talk.

So, Zmajuga is correct to an extent.

When we first brought him I was always skeptical. I just did not see him getting in our system under Mancini. Dzeko just won't and can't thrive under Mancini because he is not that type of striker. Dzeko would do well playing for the likes of Liverpool, Bayern, or those disgusting rags.

I do not think we should crucify this man for being used wrong. We do not treat him like a classical striker. We force him to contribute too much in build ups (Which he actually isn't so bad in) when he is just a finisher. If you are not convinced of his finishing I suggest you watch those videos of him in Germany. He is great at what he does, but he is not what Mancini wants nor needs. For god's sake he used him as a winger for a few games!

Its a shame because he really is an incredible striker, any man who leads a crap team like Wolfsburg to a title deserves my respect. I just do not see him in this type of City team. I don't know if Bobby will be around next season. If he is, he needs to sell Edin, if someone else takes over and makes him play the way he is known for, we are in business.

EaglesFan said:
No it is not - just look at "Stoned rose" comments.

He is calling a two-time Bundesliga top scorer, WC2010 qualifiers runner-up, and 20+ million striker (even now) a SHIT player. No less, mind you - just SHIT.

That's why I chose to ignore Stoned Rose posts in this topic. Ignore them posts and the topic is fairly balanced compared others I've read in the past.

Only true because we don't have wingers!
FFS, get off the poor lad and start supporting him!
He is part of the squad and since we are still contending for the title support him!
He's staying whether you like it or not because when we get 2 wingers in the summer, the wingers will need to target someone and that is? Dzeko, because he's a great finisher and is tall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.