Edin Doesn't Score Important Goals

he isn't even trying 100%
and same with mario

they both aint but along as they pick up their wages that's all what matters i suppose...

I think its hilarious that people on here think our support (or lack of) for Dzeko will impact the way he plays. We aren't chanting his name, true , but many of our players don't hear there name booming round the stadium and they seem to be doing fine.

He is a professional footballer. His confidence has to come from himself. He is playing football for a team second in the best league in the world and he looks disinterested!! . Fair enough he hasn't had a good run of games for a while, but you have to ask why is that?

I appreciate that his goal to minutes ratio or whatever is good but of recent he most certainly has not been contributing enough.

I don't like him as a player and I haven't done from the moment he arrived. He's always looked lazy (which at the beginning was put down to him not being used to the pace of the league and not having a pre season).

I don't buy into the fact that he's a "confidence" player. Tevez hasn't played for nigh on 5 months and has already made more of an impact in the way we play in just over an hour of football than Dzeko has in months.

I look forward to the day he is sold

since we're struggling for goals with our current crop of strikers, I'm intrigued by John Guidetti who seems to be banging the goals in for Feyenoord this season.

Anyone see him play this season? Apparantly the Swedish 19 year old is being hailed him as the new Ibrahimovic,maybe foolish to cut ties with him already.

Yes, I know its the Dutch league, but goals are goals and Edin's confidence and touch is simply awful now and has been for a while this year.

good point well made.
nevilletogoater-in said:
I don't like him as a player and I haven't done from the moment he arrived. He's always looked lazy (which at the beginning was put down to him not being used to the pace of the league and not having a pre season).

I don't buy into the fact that he's a "confidence" player. Tevez hasn't played for nigh on 5 months and has already made more of an impact in the way we play in just over an hour of football than Dzeko has in months.

nevilletogoater-in said:

Spot on, THIS! Get rid ASAP.

When it's tight on points and the league title could be decided on goal difference, I think ALL goals are fairly important.

On the one hand we moan when we sit back at 2-0 up, on the other we discredit any goal that isn't a winner or equalizer as unimportant.

nevilletogoater-in said:

just being on the park caused Chelsea players to re think, most prolific striker in the premier league according to stat's I believe, yet we want rid. Unbelievable some City fans should really give their heads a wobble.

Comrade Buka said:
rickmcfc said:
Please don't shout me down, hear what i have to say. Quite simply Dzeko does not score goals, when we need one. If we are winning 3-0, he will score a 4th. If its 0-0 and we need a goal, he simply does not deliver. Here is some interesting reading.

August 28th, scored opener against Tottenham
October 29th, scored 1st and 2nd in a 3-1 win against Wolves.
November 5th, scored 1st against QPR
January 16th, scored 1st against Wigan

All his other goals are "less important". I know your going to come back and say that every goal is important which i agree to a certain extent, but scoring the 6th when we are 5-1 up, is not as important as scoring to make us win 1-0. I feel he is a weak link in our side, and given his oportunities, he should have scored a lot more. He reminds me of Jo, but a better version.

Dzeko is played wrong. It is that simple. If he leaves in the summer and starts banging them in for fun, especially if it is a PL team, eyes will turn to the reason why Dzeko was played wrong.

The way Dzeko is played now is like having a midget as a central defender.

Have no idea why Mancini plays him at all. It is not like Dzeko is suddenly going to change to the player Mancini wants him to be. That has become glaringly obvious.

Once you realize this it's kind of sad. Then again, Mancini probably knows that this is true and is working on fixing things (ie. more width/through balls/pace in attack). I'd be surprised if Dzeko was sold after being a City player for barely a year. Mancini has even said that Dzeko needs wingers and crosses so the Higuain-to-City and Dzeko-to-Real deal seems unlikely. But then again I don't really know what's going on in Mancini's or Dzeko's heads.

On an unrelated topic, I've noticed that more and more of the so-called "Dzeko fans" are calling for him to be sold (even within this thread). Why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.