Edin Dzeko announcement.

Shaelumstash said:
bosniacity said:
Shaelumstash said:
There's no point in having a player of the month vote if Dzeko is on the short list. They must make an announcement on the 9 o'clock news in Bosnia ordering every citizen to vote for him or risk torture / death.

Maybe you want to say that he didn't deserved this award?
If you hate him so much organize as many votes as you want against him, it is you're right to do that....
We don't need to explain to anyone our support for Edin, he gave us many amazing moments in our national team and we will be there for him forever.....
He was by far the best player of the last month, and he played how much?
Be ashamed of yourself....

I don't hate him, and I certainly don't care enough to 'organize as many votes against him' as I can.

I'm not asking you to explain your support of him for what he has done for the national team, you are entitled to support him all you want.

To say someone who started 2 games last month was 'by far the best player' is stretching it a bit. I'm not sure if you know this, but initially the fans vote for player of the month was open to every player. However, after Dzeko won it twice on the bounce while being inan apalling run of form, they had to introduce a short list to make it more realistic.

He has got 10 times the votes of his nearest rival this month despite being mainly a sub. If Justin Beiber was one of the options to vote for our player of the month I've got no doubt he'd win it (or come second to Dzeko) and Beiber doesn't even play for us!

Actually, you did shift on Bosnians (or Dzeko's Bosnian fans) and Edin all the blame, instead on those who came up with this method, of which you said nothing until you felt the need to explain your first post.
Bosnian fans were loyal to Dzeko when he was in Wolfsburg too, but never had it happen something like this before, where Wolfsburg German fans expressed disdain and animosity in such number and such a wicked manner (to put it mildly in response to LongsightM13 post) toward Edin and his Bosnian fans - on the contrary.

On the other hand, posts by Ragnarok, WimbledonRd, Deepest Blue clearly represents nicer side of the forum ...

santasa said:
Shaelumstash said:
bosniacity said:
Maybe you want to say that he didn't deserved this award?
If you hate him so much organize as many votes as you want against him, it is you're right to do that....
We don't need to explain to anyone our support for Edin, he gave us many amazing moments in our national team and we will be there for him forever.....
He was by far the best player of the last month, and he played how much?
Be ashamed of yourself....

I don't hate him, and I certainly don't care enough to 'organize as many votes against him' as I can.

I'm not asking you to explain your support of him for what he has done for the national team, you are entitled to support him all you want.

To say someone who started 2 games last month was 'by far the best player' is stretching it a bit. I'm not sure if you know this, but initially the fans vote for player of the month was open to every player. However, after Dzeko won it twice on the bounce while being inan apalling run of form, they had to introduce a short list to make it more realistic.

He has got 10 times the votes of his nearest rival this month despite being mainly a sub. If Justin Beiber was one of the options to vote for our player of the month I've got no doubt he'd win it (or come second to Dzeko) and Beiber doesn't even play for us!

Actually, you did shift on Bosnians (or Dzeko's Bosnian fans) and Edin all the blame, instead on those who came up with this method, of which you said nothing until you felt the need to explain your first post.
Bosnian fans were loyal to Dzeko when he was in Wolfsburg too, but never had it happen something like this before, where Wolfsburg German fans expressed disdain and animosity in such number and such a wicked manner (to put it mildly in response to LongsightM13 post) toward Edin and his Bosnian fans - on the contrary.

On the other hand, posts by Ragnarok, WimbledonRd, Deepest Blue clearly represents nicer side of the forum ...

No. Read my first post, it says there is no point in having a vote for Player of the Month if Dzeko is in it, because he'll win it every time regardless.

I can't speak for all of the other posters, but don't accuse me of "shifting" on Bosnian fans and accusing me of being somehow prejudice against Bosnian people. I'm not prejudice against any nationality of people so don't even attempt to go down that route with me.

I think it's great how obsessive you and some of the other Bosnian posters are about Dzeko. But the Player of the Month vote should be objective, and I don't think you and some others on here are objective about Dzeko's performances.

Shaelumstash said:
santasa said:
Shaelumstash said:

No. Read my first post, it says there is no point in having a vote for Player of the Month if Dzeko is in it, because he'll win it every time regardless.

I can't speak for all of the other posters, but don't accuse me of "shifting" on Bosnian fans and accusing me of being somehow prejudice against Bosnian people. I'm not prejudice against any nationality of people so don't even attempt to go down that route with me.

I think it's great how obsessive you and some of the other Bosnian posters are about Dzeko. But the Player of the Month vote should be objective, and I don't think you and some others on here are objective about Dzeko's performances.

Dzeko won with more than 90% of the votes on the Bluemoon poll too. Does this mean that most bluemooners arent objective. Have you ever considered the fact that most people wanted to vote for Dzeko, have this small thing ever crossed your mind? According to your logic, Dzeko should never win the award, whether he deserves it or not.

Ragnarok said:
Shaelumstash said:
santasa said:

Dzeko won with more than 90% of the votes on the Bluemoon poll too. Does this mean that most bluemooners arent objective. Have you ever considered the fact that most people wanted to vote for Dzeko, have this small thing ever crossed your mind? According to your logic, Dzeko should never win the award, whether he deserves it or not.
Perhaps the majority of City fans thought he deserved to win it for September, if that is the case, then fair enough, he deserves to win it.

However, I'm not sure if the objective vote thought that last month Dzeko was comprehensively a million miles more worthy than the second place player. 700% better, 700% better than the average vote for a winning player of the month?

As I've said before, Dzeko won the vote by landslide margins in his first two months, despite being absolutely atrocious and derailing our title challenge at that time.

He is much improved this season, I actually wanted him to start the Dortmund game, although it turned out he was fairly annonymous in that game. He was fairly good in September but I don't think the size and scale of his win in any way reflects the majority of City fans views who were fans before 2010

Shaelumstash said:
Ragnarok said:
Shaelumstash said:

Perhaps the majority of City fans thought he deserved to win it for September, if that is the case, then fair enough, he deserves to win it.

However, I'm not sure if the objective vote thought that last month Dzeko was comprehensively a million miles more worthy than the second place player. 700% better, 700% better than the average vote for a winning player of the month?

As I've said before, Dzeko won the vote by landslide margins in his first two months, despite being absolutely atrocious and derailing our title challenge at that time.

He is much improved this season, I actually wanted him to start the Dortmund game, although it turned out he was fairly annonymous in that game. He was fairly good in September but I don't think the size and scale of his win in any way reflects the majority of City fans views who were fans before 2010

Now we are reaching somewhere. You feel that he shouldnt have won. Thats fair enough. Whats not fair enough is you apparently demanding that Dzeko should never feature on the shortlist, because, according to you, he will win everytime regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

Ragnarok said:
Shaelumstash said:
Ragnarok said:

Now we are reaching somewhere. You feel that he shouldnt have won. Thats fair enough. Whats not fair enough is you apparently demanding that Dzeko should never feature on the shortlist, because, according to you, he will win everytime regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

No. Again, read what I am writing, instead of trying to second guess some kind of hidden meaning.

I'm not saying he did or didn't deserve to win it last month. I'm not saying he shouldn't be included in a short list.

What I am saying is that the purpose of the player of the month vote should be to reflect the view of the average City fan. In the main, I think it does that.

The exception is when Dzeko is on the short list. The vote suddenly goes up by 700%. I don't think 700% more people in Denton, or Withington, or Wythenshawe are voting for Dzeko this month than they did for whoever won it last month.

It makes a mockery of the vote, and renders it meaningless. It's more a vote about which player has got the most fanatic fan club as opposed to who has been the best player. Again, before you second guess me, that does not neccesarily mean he doesn't deserve to win it this month.

It wouldn't be fair to not have him on a short list, because sometimes he deserves to be on there. I don't know what the answer is, maybe only opening the vote to season ticket holders would get a more sensible and considered outcome. That is a bit unfair on genuine City fans without season tickets, but the current system is a joke.

I just wanted to say that Edin Dzeko is one of my favourite players, and I know other City fans who feel the same way.

He seems like a "good" and likeable guy who also joins in with the team and has bags of enthusiasm. Also his goals-per-minute while he has been at the club is up there above anyone - even Aguero and Tevez - so I don't think he's as bad as some people like to suggest. You also don't get to be German Footballer of the Year, and be worshipped as a national hero, for nothing.

Just saying this as I think the argument that "All Bosnians think he's great for no good reason other than that he is Bosnian, while all non-Bosnians don't really rate him" is a bit simplistic.
I know no-one has said that exactly, but it seems to be what a few people on here are implying ?

Late congratulations for Edin Dzeko:)

Dzeko scored some important goals for City, the latest goal against Fulham was nice.
Before watching Aleks Kolarov's that amazing free kick goal, only Dzeko seemed right to me to get my vote.

Shaelumstash said:
It makes a mockery of the vote, and renders it meaningless. It's more a vote about which player has got the most fanatic fan club as opposed to who has been the best player. Again, before you second guess me, that does not neccesarily mean he doesn't deserve to win it this month.

Twitter

Edin Dzeko 173,542 Followers
Sergio Aguero 2,726,960 Followers

Sergio should win it everytime over Edin by your logic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.