Edin Dzeko announcement.

Blue Theatre said:
I just wanted to say that Edin Dzeko is one of my favourite players, and I know other City fans who feel the same way.

He seems like a "good" and likeable guy who also joins in with the team and has bags of enthusiasm. Also his goals-per-minute while he has been at the club is up there above anyone - even Aguero and Tevez - so I don't think he's as bad as some people like to suggest. You also don't get to be German Footballer of the Year, and be worshipped as a national hero, for nothing.

Just saying this as I think the argument that "All Bosnians think he's great for no good reason other than that he is Bosnian, while all non-Bosnians don't really rate him" is a bit simplistic.
I know no-one has said that exactly, but it seems to be what a few people on here are implying ?

I agree with everything you've said. But I don't think it's unfair to say that the Michael Jackson fans who camped outside his house are not a good source for an objective review of his latest album.

Sick Swan said:
Shaelumstash said:
It makes a mockery of the vote, and renders it meaningless. It's more a vote about which player has got the most fanatic fan club as opposed to who has been the best player. Again, before you second guess me, that does not neccesarily mean he doesn't deserve to win it this month.

Twitter

Edin Dzeko 173,542 Followers
Sergio Aguero 2,726,960 Followers

Sergio should win it everytime over Edin by your logic.

Can't ever remember mentioning Twitter? My 'logic' has nothing to do with how many fans a player has, it's how fanatical / objective they are that counts.

So now people who believe Dzeko is a more valuable City striker than Balo or Tevez or Aguero are fanatics?

Oh my! Shoot me now!

WimbledonRd said:
So now people who believe Dzeko is a more valuable City striker than Balo or Tevez or Aguero are fanatics?

Oh my! Shoot me now!

No.

But now you mention it, I would say anyone who thinks Dzeko is better than Aguero and Tevez is either a Dzeko fanatic / isn't being objective / has a personality disorder

Shaelumstash said:
WimbledonRd said:

Oh my! Shoot me now!

No.

But now you mention it, I would say anyone who thinks Dzeko is better than Aguero and Tevez is either a Dzeko fanatic / isn't being objective / has a personality disorder

Or none of the above.
For example, if you look at stats for all of those players (and stats are much more OBJECTIVE than "first touch", or "work rate" etc..) then City's most productive striker in terms of goals/minute and goals+assists/minute is Dzeko (both last season and this one).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/edin-dzeko/leistungsdaten/spieler_28396.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/edin- ... 28396.html</a>

Now, I personally don't think that stats are everything. And you might agree or disagree with Dzeko being compared with Tevez or Aguero, but here is at least ONE methodology by which Dzeko comes on top.... say whatever you want. But you can't say that this is fanaticism or subjectivity or personality disorder.

Go have a Coke!<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm --<br /><br />Just an FYI - if the site above is correct then this season in all his games in all competitions, Dzeko, on average scores once every 88 minutes and scores or assists every 58 minutes.

Yeah... he sucks. Get rid.

WimbledonRd said:
Shaelumstash said:
WimbledonRd said:

Oh my! Shoot me now!

No.

Or none of the above.
For example, if you look at stats for all of those players (and stats are much more OBJECTIVE than "first touch", or "work rate" etc..) then City's most productive striker in terms of goals/minute and goals+assists/minute is Dzeko (both last season and this one).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/edin-dzeko/leistungsdaten/spieler_28396.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/edin- ... 28396.html</a>

Now, I personally don't think that stats are everything. And you might agree or disagree with Dzeko being compared with Tevez or Aguero, but here is at least ONE methodology by which Dzeko comes on top.... say whatever you want. But you can't say that this is fanaticism or subjectivity or personality disorder.

Go have a Coke!

-- Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:12 pm --

Just an FYI - if the site above is correct then this season in all his games in all competitions, Dzeko, on average scores once every 88 minutes and scores or assists every 58 minutes.

Yeah... he sucks. Get rid.

Throw out all the stats you want. Find me an expert (let's say a Champions League level manager) who thinks Dzeko is better footballer than Aguero or Tevez. There isn't one, because he isn't anywhere near the same class

santasa said:
Shaelumstash said:
bosniacity said:
Maybe you want to say that he didn't deserved this award?
If you hate him so much organize as many votes as you want against him, it is you're right to do that....
We don't need to explain to anyone our support for Edin, he gave us many amazing moments in our national team and we will be there for him forever.....
He was by far the best player of the last month, and he played how much?
Be ashamed of yourself....

I don't hate him, and I certainly don't care enough to 'organize as many votes against him' as I can.

I'm not asking you to explain your support of him for what he has done for the national team, you are entitled to support him all you want.

To say someone who started 2 games last month was 'by far the best player' is stretching it a bit. I'm not sure if you know this, but initially the fans vote for player of the month was open to every player. However, after Dzeko won it twice on the bounce while being inan apalling run of form, they had to introduce a short list to make it more realistic.

He has got 10 times the votes of his nearest rival this month despite being mainly a sub. If Justin Beiber was one of the options to vote for our player of the month I've got no doubt he'd win it (or come second to Dzeko) and Beiber doesn't even play for us!

Actually, you did shift on Bosnians (or Dzeko's Bosnian fans) and Edin all the blame, instead on those who came up with this method, of which you said nothing until you felt the need to explain your first post.
Bosnian fans were loyal to Dzeko when he was in Wolfsburg too, but never had it happen something like this before, where Wolfsburg German fans expressed disdain and animosity in such number and such a wicked manner (to put it mildly in response to LongsightM13 post) toward Edin and his Bosnian fans - on the contrary.

On the other hand, posts by Ragnarok, WimbledonRd, Deepest Blue clearly represents nicer side of the forum ...
Nice side you say

Voted for him and very pleased he won. He's had an edge in his play so far this year and here is hoping this spurs him to continue in it.

I'm not Bosnian and I voted for him. As did both my daughters. He was the best City player in September full stop. Having done a vox pop in the Manchester office a good 70% (14) of the City regulars also said Edin. All you Edin haters are actually rather pathetic.

Shaelumstash said:
Throw out all the stats you want. Find me an expert (let's say a Champions League level manager) who thinks Dzeko is better footballer than Aguero or Tevez. There isn't one, because he isn't anywhere near the same class

Totally agree with this one. Goals doesn't mean anything. He is our worst attacker (after Tevez, Ballo and Aguero). If he was any good Mancini would let him play more often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.