Status
Not open for further replies.
looks happier

and worked hard

his goal record speaks for itself

hopefully he stays

MillionDollarDream said:
MCFCinUSA said:
I don't know where people have been, but without Edin we would never have won the League..

- through thick & thin he puts in his shift and is a player who is firmly grounded; not flashy & not a prima donna.. yet for some reason he seems to come in for an inordinate amount of stick (although on a forum like this you'll always have the swooning Victorian Ladies)

he fulfills an important role in our squad very well; I'm glad we've got him.

I agree with this. Also I like to point out that it looks like he's also been given more instruction into how to fulfill a new role in this system. He's starting to look like a player, not from his early City days but the star from Wolfsburg. The last 2 games he's dropped deeper and has played some of his best games, he's linked up well and as Negredo said post game they are always looking to link up.
That's an interesting observation. He certainly has taken to dropping back and looking for the ball. This is a distinct change from his previous tendency to wait for the ball up front. In a certain way the new style suits him much better. He gets more involved in the game and I think that is going to work very well for him.

Great game last night. I am watching a replay and he could have scored 5 or 6. Keep up the good work Edin.

Suggested on the radio yesterday that Dzeko or Benteke have been lined up to replace Lewandowski in the summer. Could that be why he looks happier?

TCIB said:
Tonight we saw 80% of Edin, it is hard under such duress to keep your mental state right on the mark.
By that i mean aggression is very close to dedication and he can do it, this means an awful lot to me.

I fully agree. But how can he get to his 100% with limited future game time ??
Mourinho and Wenger would give anything to have just ONE striker like Dzeko, or Dzeko himself !!!!
Negredo and Dzeko worked great together. Previous game also. I have never seen in my life that two striker get 10. It tells you all you need to know basically.
1545039_655524624505597_760342174_n.jpg

JasminBosnia said:
I told you he will shine it you give him run of the games and if you communicate with him accordingly. Don't take me wrong again (to include Bosnians abroad).

The problem could arise when MP put him on the bench when Kun and Stefan recover from injuries because he thinks he is not bench player. Whatsoever, nice win, great effort from everybody, keep up City.

Agree 1000000 %.
Dzeko will never be bench material. Bench is taking his will to play away from him. He is a player who needs to play to get BEST out of him. The more he plays the better he gets. He is a player who can take teams like Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton to the TOP. Teams who had not been there for a lot of time and needs something extra. Chelsea or Liverpool even easier.
Give Dzeko enough game time and everything would be great for City. He can even score few goals to Barcelona if he is in a right mood/confidence and form ( games ).

Despite me having Nasri as MOTM (in a pretty strong field it has to be said), I thought Edin's approach was fantastic. He seemed to pass, shoot, tackle, run back, and head as well as he's ever done. I particularly liked his appreciation and pleasure in the Beast's goals; he could have been mardy with the other striker getting a hatrick, but he seemd to take genuine pleasure from Alvaro scoring - not the attitude you would expect from someone looking to get out of the club as soon as he can.

Stick with it Edin, the crowd were singing your song and City still need you.

Baka Sliskovic said:
TCIB said:
Tonight we saw 80% of Edin, it is hard under such duress to keep your mental state right on the mark.
By that i mean aggression is very close to dedication and he can do it, this means an awful lot to me.

I fully agree. But how can he get to his 100% with limited future game time ??
Mourinho and Wenger would give anything to have just ONE striker like Dzeko, or Dzeko himself !!!!
Negredo and Dzeko worked great together. Previous game also. I have never seen in my life that two striker get 10. It tells you all you need to know basically.
1545039_655524624505597_760342174_n.jpg
Where is he going to get more game time from Baka? We're in January and have just played our 31st game of the season, of which he has featured in 17, we're guaranteed at least 2 more games in the league cup, probably 3 more at least in the fa cup (2 home ties against lower league opposition), 2 more in the champions league minimum and 18 more games in the league, that's another 25 games of which I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect him to feature in at least 15 at some stage, that is as much as a 1st choice striker at a club not competing at European level and without cup runs can expect to get in any given season and should be a great lead up to a world cup to leave him both fresh and sharp surely? or would you rather he played 9 months straight with 50+ games and was bolloxed by the time the world cup came around?

JasminBosnia said:
I told you he will shine if you give him run of the games and if you communicate with him accordingly. Don't take me wrong again (to include Bosnians abroad).

The problem could arise when MP put him on the bench when Kun and Stefan recover from injuries because he thinks he is not bench player. Whatsoever, nice win, great effort from everybody, keep up City.
The first three words of this post are vainglorious. Predictably so.

"I told you so" merchants are such fucking bores.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
JasminBosnia said:
I told you he will shine if you give him run of the games and if you communicate with him accordingly. Don't take me wrong again (to include Bosnians abroad).

The first three words of this post are vainglorious. Predictably so.

"I told you so" merchants are such fucking bores.
I told you- that already GDM

aguero93:20 said:
and I watched both of their matches against lyon that year and kaka was shit in the second leg.

Have you watched those two games on TV or live ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.