Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@StevePenk was slagging Edin on Twatter last night. I said before KO that Edin would be MOTM, another great performance

Penky had one decent comment , that Edin cannot play well without decent players around him....

My response was that he is an old fashioned poacher and therefore needs good service

noise said:
Sigh said:
EaglesFan said:
So....will Edin be out tonight, or WHAT???

Anyone? Anything?

P.S. wow - there are about 5 (or even more) 500-2000 pages long threads on Edin...this one still active (others locked)...

Most polarizing player to wear City shirt, ever?

I don't think he is the cause, to be fair; and I think the differences of opinion are more of degree, rather than kind.
When a guy starts here (destroyed stadium of his first club) and survives the Siege of Sarajevo:
grbavica-22.jpg

and gets here:
cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

It's understandable why he's idolized by some.
Jeez, was that destruction caused by the pro/anti Dzeko fans? And I thought it gets bad on here...

Bluemanc100 said:
@StevePenk was slagging Edin on Twatter last night. I said before KO that Edin would be MOTM, another great performance

Penky had one decent comment , that Edin cannot play well without decent players around him....

My response was that he is an old fashioned poacher and therefore needs good service

No, he's not "an old fashioned poacher". Remind me of when Lineker hit any 30 yarders again..? Okay, Owen...? No...? They are the style of 'poacher' you speak of.

Edin is a striker of varying ability and skill. Consistency is his problem and that is solved with regularity of play.

When he feels believed in, trusted and loved, he plays well and integrates within the fold ON the pitch as opposed to off it.

That's important and as much as I've said earlier in this long arsed thread.

ColinLee said:
noise said:
Sigh said:
I don't think he is the cause, to be fair; and I think the differences of opinion are more of degree, rather than kind.
When a guy starts here (destroyed stadium of his first club) and survives the Siege of Sarajevo:
grbavica-22.jpg

and gets here:
cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

It's understandable why he's idolized by some.
Jeez, was that destruction caused by the pro/anti Dzeko fans? And I thought it gets bad on here...
Pretty much, just shows how nice and calm we are.

He's hit and miss dzeko but can't fault him he keeps scoring he did seem to go missing last night sometimes but 2 good goals . A lot of fans got on his back where I was sat.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
I just can't work it out with Edin. That's why there's so much debate about him. He did look donkeyish in the first half, there's no two ways about it. He gets a free head at goal — no defender within a mile of him — which he really should have buried. Then a great lay-off from Beast which he balloons over the bar. Two other shots that he didn't just fluff, but fluffed by miles. Then: he scores two much more technically difficult goals in the second half, and does a lovely little lay-off for Kun's piece. Just don't get it… Anyway, he's clearly enjoying his football like never before. With Kun back, the problem comes back. Edin once again becomes a squad player — a fine one, but a squad player nonetheless. Or can we think the unthinkable, and play Edin with Kun from time to time? By my calculations, Beast has played in virtually every match, in every tournament. Surely he's going to get jaded sooner or later (although on last night's form, there's not the slightest sign of it).

He's the most frustrating player in the world. His five off target in the first half was a blemish but his general play was good last night and his two second half finishes were excellent...

I wish he would just be one or the other, either be really shit or good. Dont be shit and score goals, its just puzzling!

Bigga said:
Bluemanc100 said:

No, he's not "an old fashioned poacher". Remind me of when Lineker hit any 30 yarders again..? Okay, Owen...? No...? They are the style of 'poacher' you speak of.

Edin is a striker of varying ability and skill. Consistency is his problem and that is solved with regularity of play.

When he feels believed in, trusted and loved, he plays well and integrates within the fold ON the pitch as opposed to off it.

so the analogy is wrong, let's agree that he needs good service then?

CTID1988 said:
I wish he would just be one or the other, either be really shit or good. Dont be shit and score goals, its just puzzling!
"shit and scored goals" wouldn't be my description of his last few performances, his all round play has been very good and he's scored.

Bluemanc100 said:
Bigga said:
Bluemanc100 said:

so the analogy is wrong, let's agree that he needs good service then?
Every striker needs good service, just look at Soldado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.