Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have got those early attempts on target at least but it's not so much of a problem now as his overall contribution to games is vastly better than it was. Playing a bit deeper means he gets more involved and it's doing him good. Absolutely superb strikes in the second half and a great overall contribution. We've probably got something like 25 games left this season and if we start 2 strikers every game, each of them will get 16 or 17 starts. We could end up with 3 strikers on 30 goals or more.

I think some of his play lately when dropping deep as a second striker and laying it off or playing people in has been superb. I think if he had a change of mentality and accepted that he probably isn't going to be the number 1 striker but can be a brilliant support striker who'd chip in with just as many goals then he can be a fantastic asset to us. I don't think it will happen in the long run (If it does then it'd be brilliant for us and Edin) but for this little period Edin's been unselfish and playing with a smile on his face and everyone is reaping the rewards

Prestwich_Blue said:
Should have got those early attempts on target at least but it's not so much of a problem now as his overall contribution to games is vastly better than it was. Playing a bit deeper means he gets more involved and it's doing him good. Absolutely superb strikes in the second half and a great overall contribution. We've probably got something like 25 games left this season and if we start 2 strikers every game, each of them will get 16 or 17 starts. We could end up with 3 strikers on 30 goals or more.
I get goosebumps when I think of all the goals we might score by the end of it. Absolutely terrifying for the opposition.

donkey strikes again.........twice. LOL

..........waiting on PMS to bless us with one of his "politically correct" critique :)

HazeM3 said:

..........waiting on PMS to bless us with one of his "politically correct" critique :)

And here lies the problem we've all been seeing for months. No criticism of Dzeko please people, this thread is for worshiping Edin only thanks. I've given credit to the guy time after time over the previous weeks, yet it's still not good enough for guys like this who live and breathe Edin Dzeko. Whatever, I'm over your snide remarks and petty digs at City fans.

Edit: To be honest I don't think you're one of the worst Bosnians on this forum, I think that you probably started following City when Edin joined and have an interest in the club now, but that doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to say my peace when it comes to his performances. As I say if you look at what I've said over the past few weeks you'll see I've been nothing but complimentary of his performances.

I'm going to toe the MP line and say that there is no "number one striker" and that we just all have important players. That's the mentality that has been instilled into the squad and it shows. It's all down to the instructions given on any given game. Dzeko has been asked to drop deeper and collect from the midfield, his hold up play has improved and he's adding a few more assists as well as his usual goals. I think also Dzeko personally has finally bought into the philosophy and understands that he's not just a "super sub" and that rotation will be key moving forward.

Tim of the Oak said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
I think Baka perhaps owes Pelligrini an apology as well if he's still knocking around. Manuel's handled the striking situation fantastically and Negredo, Dzeko and Aguero are having utterly sublime seasons. Dzeko hasn't been this consistant in a City shirt in his whole 3 years here.

Lol. So MP planned that Kun would be injured to give Edin a run in the side.

Jesus Christ, do you think before you type these things. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you've misread what I posted.

Puppet Master Silva said:
HazeM3 said:

And here lies the problem we've all been seeing for months. No criticism of Dzeko please people, this thread is for worshiping Edin only thanks. I've given credit to the guy time after time over the previous weeks, yet it's still not good enough for guys like this who live and breathe Edin Dzeko. Whatever, I'm over your snide remarks and petty digs at City fans.
You've been good enough for me man :)

HazeM3 said:

Am I not good enough for you anymore?

he seemed a bit absent in the second half until he scored his first ..... thought he had gone off he was that quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.