Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
a.k. said:
The comentator proved my point when he said that this is Dzeko's seventh match in a row from the start and first time since he came to ManCity.

Dzeko is at a top team and cannot expect to constantly start games in a row and only did so because we had two strikers injured. Outside of the absolutely top players who have an entire team built around them, nobody starts games like that and if he needs that to reproduce this type of form consistently then we have a real issue with him

I think YOU have an issue with him :-)

But it's ok, we'll agree to disagree....noone is saying he should start every game (far from it), nor he ever will. But when he is playing well (i.e. tonight) - reward the effort by leaving him on the pitch...and that's exactly what Pelle is doing. When he sucks - take him out, no problem...it's the way things SHOULD be...

Damocles said:
Celebritykiller said:
EaglesFan said:
Great game by Edin...another one.

Pellers made a huge difference with Edin....MENTALLY.

I think it's the fact that Pellers rewards effort, and Dzeko is not an AUTOMATIC sub anymore (it was always that way with Mancini)...

He finally sees that EFFORT pays off. His ability was never in question anyway. To me at least.

Agree with this.

Dzeko has only just broken his record run of games in the team. Mancini played him 10 games on the bounce, it's one of those crap things that starts out truthful then become a myth and now a commonly known "fact".

Pellegrini is getting more out of Dzeko than Mancini did, definitely, but it's nothing to do with playing time.

Another quality game for Dzeko. He has always had the ability but his failing has been his application. He has shown he has the quality to play for a top team, has set the standard and now he must maintain it.

The fact is he signed as Mancinis first choice and was Pellegrini's first choioce at the start of the season and yet has slipped to third choice for both managers.

In some ways it is similar to the Adam Johnson situation. Was excellent at times but was too inconsistent and when he was poor he was very poor. Unfortunately that is not good enough at this level.

Lets hope this is the Dzeko we see from now on rather than the one falling over at the slightest touch and with a lack of workrate.

I really like the bloke and really hope he stays. But like every player he will be judged on performances and at the minute there is not much between Negredo or Dzeko. Great problem for the boss to have.

Lucky Toma said:
There are posters on this thread who would be a bit gutted if Negredo scored (without Dzeko being involved in any way). Those posters can fuck right off.

As for Edin, another decent display with plenty of desire and movement. Deserved to get our 100th due to his performances of late. Good on the lad.
I for one was sad when Negredo was being taken off. Because you could see he was disappointed for not managing to score. Negredo is awesome, and I really enjoy watching him play.

Lucky Toma said:
There are posters on this thread who would be a bit gutted if Negredo scored (without Dzeko being involved in any way). Those posters can fuck right off.

As for Edin, another decent display with plenty of desire and movement. Deserved to get our 100th due to his performances of late. Good on the lad.

Goes both ways bro..

Lucky Toma said:

There are more posters that will slag Edin off for every mistake whilst not even acknowledging Negredos errors Toma.

Seems he just can't win some people over.

Glad to see him doing well, along with EVERY other City player.

AntiUnited said:
Lucky Toma said:

Goes both ways bro..

To be honest when Dzeko plays well he gets rightly praised as highlighted by the comments today, When he plays poor, and fans comment on it, the same tired posters defend him and blame it on everybody else rather than Dzeko himself.

AntiUnited said:
Lucky Toma said:

Goes both ways bro..
"Bro" what age are you

noise said:
Lucky Toma said:

I for one was sad when Negredo was being taken off. Because you could see he was disappointed for not managing to score. Negredo is awesome, and I really enjoy watching him play.

I was dissapointed too...

I think he got down on HIMSELF a bit...which is ridiculous, as he's a great player (and actually didnt play bad at all)...

Dzeko gets that way too sometimes, but to me - that's ok, just means they are COMPETITIVE and want to win....those are the kind of guys you want on your squad.

There was a period in the first half of the season where Negredo and Aguero were first choice, no contest. Dzeko was playing poorly and was never pushing those 2.

Now he's proven what he can do to Pellegrini and looks a much more confident player. I hope when he starts to get rotated again he can maintain his high level. I think i lot will depend on which games he doesn't play, if he still gets left out for the really big ones, i can see his confidence dropping off again. Hopefully this spell of great form will mean Pellegrini now trusts him enough to play in the most important matches, and all 3 strikers are kept on top form, happy and full of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.