Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
EaglesFan said:
I know many fanclubs where a player is dissed once he leaves the club.

I havent seen anyone get so much shit like Edin does (talking about this forum) while still WITH the club, at the most important stretch of the season.

Is he perfect? Far from it. Is he "shit" - well, look at his career (yes, City included).

Maybe get behind one of your own, eh? Just saying...at least while he's still here.
Get yourself to a game sometime and you'll see we do.
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqX47qnQLmM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqX47qnQLmM</a>

kismet said:
Been watching City for over 50 years and he's one of the best strikers I've seen at City.

A really nice bloke too when I met him.

Is there a better 3rd choice striker at any of our PL rivals?
I think we should be grateful for what we have and get behind him to boost his confidence.
His 4 goals at WHL a few seasons ago showed what he is capable of when he hits top form. To do that strikers need confidence and as fans that's where we can help him.
Every world class striker misses easy chances at some point in their career. Being world class doesn't mean you never miss! IMHO Dzeko Is not world class but he can be very good so I expect a very good shots to goals ratio and that's what we get from him. Sergio is world class and that's reflected in his shots to goals stats. Equally if you look at Danny Welbeck' s stats ...........

CTID

EaglesFan said:

I havent seen anyone get so much shit like Edin does (talking about this forum) while still WITH the club, at the most important stretch of the season.

Is he perfect? Far from it. Is he "shit" - well, look at his career (yes, City included).

Maybe get behind one of your own, eh? Just saying...at least while he's still here.

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Dzeko is not shit, he's a good footballer, this has been stated by many on this thread, time and time again. What Dzeko is however is an underperforming footballer. He has the natural ability to give more to Manchester City than he does, and as such we reserve the right to call him out on this. If you think City fans are in the minority when it comes to this then you've lived a very sheltered life indeed. Go onto any fans forum , for any football club, and you'll find threads dedicated to some of there players, and in those there will be people pointing out the deficiancies in those players and questioning their effort, their commitment, and their quality.

As for getting behind one of your own, we do, Dzeko may get grief on occasion, and he's normally deserved it, but he also gets support, the immediate singing of his name after his debacle of a miss against, I think, Stoke recently clearly deomonstrates this.

EaglesFan said:

The player gets so much support at the game its unreal. Maybe this doesn't come across properly on your Internet feed.. !!!

Matty said:
EaglesFan said:

It's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Dzeko is not shit, he's a good footballer, this has been stated by many on this thread, time and time again. What Dzeko is however is an underperforming footballer. He has the natural ability to give more to Manchester City than he does, and as such we reserve the right to call him out on this. If you think City fans are in the minority when it comes to this then you've lived a very sheltered life indeed. Go onto any fans forum , for any football club, and you'll find threads dedicated to some of there players, and in those there will be people pointing out the deficiancies in those players and questioning their effort, their commitment, and their quality.

As for getting behind one of your own, we do, Dzeko may get grief on occasion, and he's normally deserved it, but he also gets support, the immediate singing of his name after his debacle of a miss against, I think, Stoke recently clearly deomonstrates this.

Agree with all of this. He's the MOST infuriating of players.

Yes, he has his limitations in that his first touch can be poor. But look at his strengths:

Good skills (for a big CF certainly)
Can shoot with both feet
Excellent in the air
Excellent in front of goal (usually!) - knows where the goal is
Great link up play, superb vision and passing
Good team player

He can be at the very top level when he wants to be. That's why it's so bloody annoying when you see him standing or walking around not being arsed to get into the box when we are breaking forward, or some of the other shite he turns in sometimes,

EaglesFan said:
Damocles said:
Have you signed up for any Dortmund forums yet or are you waiting until he's been there a bit?

Watching an underperforming player leave isn't the heartbreak to City fans that you people make it out to be. He is leaving because he has failed to make the grade. If we wanted to keep them then we would.

1) Dzeko has scored over 50 goals in his City career (cant even remember how many exactly) - something not many strikers in EPL can say they did.

2) Without "underperformer's" goals (particularly equializers against Notts and QPR, and many, many others) - your SORRY A$$ might have still be waiting for that EPL trophy, and that FA cup trophy...

You and people like you are disgrace to this football club and its fans, you should really be ashamed of yourself.

Cause Bosnians might leave (some will, some might stay - irrelevant) - but the likes of you are actually less of City fans than any bosnian you're calling out...regardless of what you consider yourself to be. Cause you appreciate nothing, and cannot even support a player who's been a very important part of what City did over last few years.

That's a kind of fan you are, and it's fucking pathetic...with "Fans" like you - City does not need enemies.

Bwhahahahahaha. These fucking idiots actually believe that supporting City is a contest about who can say the most nice things about somebody.

You're a joke mate, an absolute joke. You'll be gone in July thankfully

You're in a bar alone, having a few quiet drinks after a tough day at work, when you clock beautiful woman walking in the door. She takes a seat nearby, your eyes meet and a seductive smile forms through her full, plump, delicious lips. You make a fucking brilliant remark that's totally hilarious and offer to buy her a drink. You order her a £27 million cocktail, she's worth it.

Half an hour of flirtation later and you're busting for a piss, make your excuses and slip off to the toilet. On your return, the beautiful woman is accompanied by her pal, a fat, spotty munter called Martha. She reckons you two will get on really well and buggers off.

So you're left with Martha, your £27 million pound investment. You'll still get laid if you want, but it'll be a significantly less pleasurable experience than you anticipated, you'll probably skip the build-up and leave as early as possible.

That's what supporting Edin Dzeko feels like. I fervently wish he was the beautiful woman, but lets be honest, he's been Martha for the majority of the time. Scores goals, but it's not pretty and doesn't contribute much else.

Hope, desire, expectation and anticipation, more often than not followed by frustration and disappointment.

pee dubya said:
That's what supporting Edin Dzeko feels like. I fervently wish he was the beautiful woman, but lets be honest, he's been Martha for the majority of the time. Scores goals, but it's not pretty and doesn't contribute much else.

Hope, desire, expectation and anticipation, more often than not followed by frustration and disappointment.

Gloryhunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.