Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blablabla7 said:
As a Bosnian i have to write a few lines. I love Edin and he is a good player and he can play in a good Club(Arsenal, Inter, Dortmund, Atletico) but not in one of 10 best Clubs in the world and i think City is in that ten with the full squad. And this thread is annoying but i can't help it and i keep coming back. I think most of the criticism he gets is OK but some people are defending him with stupid statistics and "he is not playing enough or this and thaat" and now the critics are even worse and most of the time too much because of some Bosnians. Fans should be able to just comment normally about a player but in Edins case it is really really hard because now those defending him are really annoying and the others are just making fun of them.
All that said I think Edin is a great guy and a good player and I hope he will leave City with one more Premier League won. And one more thing about supporting Edin, from what I have heard by watching games on television the support for him is really great, the fans are always singing his song and I think the fans will remember him for the good things he has done for the club.
Hope you could understand everything because my English is not that good.
P.s Dont hate all the Bosnians because some of us are writing stupid posts :)

An excellent post in better English than some on here can manage. Just about sums up the position for most of us I would guess. I'd just add that he could actually be better if he could somehow find some inner steel.

bye edin, thanks for the important goals and playing your part in the best moment I`ve ever had im my 36 years of supporting city but your time is now up.

Remember earlier in the season when some posters from Bosnia were saying that Pelligrini wasn't giving Dzeko a chance (even less than Mancini did), that was funny. Also when we didn't play with wingers so he obviously wasn't getting the service, that can't be said any more. He's a good player and a good lad, but over the course of an entire season he doesn't put in enough of a shift for a team challenging on all fronts like ourselves. I've said it before but I'll wish him luck wherever he goes and applaud him when he returns to play against us.

It will be a shame if we lose Edin, and we will only know what we have lost when he has gone, there are still big games to go this season and Edin will contribute to these , I will back him to hilt as normal.

blablabla7 said:
As a Bosnian i have to write a few lines. I love Edin and he is a good player and he can play in a good Club(Arsenal, Inter, Dortmund, Atletico) but not in one of 10 best Clubs in the world and i think City is in that ten with the full squad. And this thread is annoying but i can't help it and i keep coming back. I think most of the criticism he gets is OK but some people are defending him with stupid statistics and "he is not playing enough or this and thaat" and now the critics are even worse and most of the time too much because of some Bosnians. Fans should be able to just comment normally about a player but in Edins case it is really really hard because now those defending him are really annoying and the others are just making fun of them.
All that said I think Edin is a great guy and a good player and I hope he will leave City with one more Premier League won. And one more thing about supporting Edin, from what I have heard by watching games on television the support for him is really great, the fans are always singing his song and I think the fans will remember him for the good things he has done for the club.

Well said lad. I think that sums up this thread quite well, the discussion has been well and truly hijacked by a few extreme opinions on either side that feed off the others.

I do think Dzeko will have a very good career, moreover I think he's done alright for us on reflection but we can and should find someone different. Personally I'd do a complete vanity buy and get Ibra for a couple seasons, get the golden goal award locked down haha.

CaliforniaBlue said:
Message to those who rate Dzeko: Chill - it doesn't matter what someone on a forum thinks, right now Pellegrini thinks he's our ONLY healthy striker.

Message to those who don't rate Dzeko: Maybe you should be sending all your reasons why he's not good enough to Pellegrini, rather than posting on a forum. I'm sure if you all got together and let Pellegrini know the level of your football knowledge and your standing on Bluemoon, he's bound to have a rethink.

Of course, if either side just enjoys winding up the other, then carry on, because that's pretty much all that's being achieved here (as entertaining as that can be at times).
I corrected that for you...

-- Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am --

blablabla7 said:
Nobody hates Bosnians on here, people just dislike the trolls that infest all forums.
I've seen many comments that various posters will be glad to see the back of them when Dzeko leaves, Why wait? I'd toss them now.

JasminBosnia said:
Donkey :D

Top Manchester City goal scorers

Below are Manchester City's top Premier League scorers and the totals they have scored.

Totals are updated after each game and occasionally amended in the light of decisions of the Dubious Goal Committee.
Player Goals First Latest
Carlos Tevez 58 28 Sep 2009 17 Apr 2013
Sergio Aguero 50 15 Aug 2011 29 Jan 2014
Edin Dzeko 38 25 Apr 2011 15 Mar 2014
Nicolas Anelka 37 31 Aug 2002 28 Dec 2004
Yaya Toure 34 19 Sep 2010 22 Feb 2014
Niall Quinn 29 29 Aug 1992 30 Mar 1996
Uwe Rosler 29 29 Mar 1994 05 May 1996
Shaun Wright-Phillips 27 29 Jan 2003 09 May 2010
Robbie Fowler 21 16 Mar 2003 14 Jan 2006

Thank you, for me this is a smoking gun for Dzeko and his talent.

In almost 3 years surrounded by the best players in the world such as David Silva, Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero he has just managed to beat the goalscoring tally of Nicolas Anelka that he set 6 months quicker with Trevor Sinclair, Joey Barton and Robbie Fowler.

That says absolutely everything that you need to know. Everything.

Damocles said:
JasminBosnia said:
Donkey :D

Top Manchester City goal scorers

Below are Manchester City's top Premier League scorers and the totals they have scored.

Totals are updated after each game and occasionally amended in the light of decisions of the Dubious Goal Committee.
Player Goals First Latest
Carlos Tevez 58 28 Sep 2009 17 Apr 2013
Sergio Aguero 50 15 Aug 2011 29 Jan 2014
Edin Dzeko 38 25 Apr 2011 15 Mar 2014
Nicolas Anelka 37 31 Aug 2002 28 Dec 2004
Yaya Toure 34 19 Sep 2010 22 Feb 2014
Niall Quinn 29 29 Aug 1992 30 Mar 1996
Uwe Rosler 29 29 Mar 1994 05 May 1996
Shaun Wright-Phillips 27 29 Jan 2003 09 May 2010
Robbie Fowler 21 16 Mar 2003 14 Jan 2006

Thank you, for me this is a smoking gun for Dzeko and his talent.

In almost 3 years surrounded by the best players in the world such as David Silva, Samir Nasri and Sergio Aguero he has just managed to beat the goalscoring tally of Nicolas Anelka that he set 6 months quicker with Trevor Sinclair, Joey Barton and Robbie Fowler.

That says absolutely everything that you need to know. Everything.

Haha, surrounded by top world class players doesn't mean that you are going to score shit load of goals. It gives you an advantage, but at the same it means that all the other top class players around you will score a lot of the goals as well. You share the load over the long season, which averages it out in the end.

Benzema is a top class player but he hasn't scored "shit load" goals in the La Liga, because his is sharing the load with other top class players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.