Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he'd converted more of his chances he'd have taken MotM but an excellent game from him(again). The best bit for me was the huge grin on his face when he tossed his shirt into the crowd.
Maybe he won't go in the summer? He looks a lot more settled and anywhere he goes is going to be a step down.

He didn't play that well last night, as in, things didn't come off for him. But the contrast between this Edin and the Edin up until the start of this month is huge. His effort levels are great to see, and even when things don't come off that slump of the shoulders and sinking of the head has disappeared.

Very pleasing!

I still want to know if the Goat did have a word with him like he said he would in the programme notes a while back...

KippaxCitizen said:
He didn't play that well last night, as in, things didn't come off for him. But the contrast between this Edin and the Edin up until the start of this month is huge. His effort levels are great to see, and even when things don't come off that slump of the shoulders and sinking of the head has disappeared.

Very pleasing!

I still want to know if the Goat did have a word with him like he said he would in the programme notes a while back...
Have to disagree, I thought he played really well bar leaving his shooting boots in the changing room. He put him self about, had some great layoffs and did the link up play excellently.

Thought he played very well yesterday. He plays with a smile on his face and seems to also have gathered that team spirit. He just needs to shoot a little lower ;)

ColinLee said:
KippaxCitizen said:

Very pleasing!

Have to disagree, I thought he played really well bar leaving his shooting boots in the changing room. He put him self about, had some great layoffs and did the link up play excellently.
But isn't his main role to have his shooting boots on at all times?

Pellegrini has defintley changed him this season. Although he could of done better with his chances last night, he's getting into those positions and also helping out the team with his work rate. We are lucky to have 3 strikers like we have.

FromPollockToSilva said:
MSP said:
It's turning to the great season for him. 17 goals and 5-6 assists in 26 games, lot of them from the bench, is amazing product.

We might easily see Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Yaya scoring 100 goals between them 4 this season if all stay fit.

Yaya - 15
Dzeko - 17
Negredo - 23
Aguero - 23

They're on 78 between them now and it's January. Ridiculous.
I'm sure it's even better than that. Aguero has either 25 or 26, i can't remember.

What I do not understand now is the complains on Edin were essentially as hes a non-runner, hes to lazy, and that kind of complains , and he was not involved in the game ,that was most of hes critics saying . I look at the last 10 games at Edin who runs like never, last night a lot of closing of Spurs CB and tracking back . involvement in the game i see more and more of that, less mistakes, the better touches and some great passes last night. We score 5 last night ,are we so deluded that we think it's easy what these boys in blue are doing and to criticize someone with these results 5 1away to Spurs , I don't know.So he missed a couple of chances but those were not tap in opportunities and all players sometimes miss a couple . But from 5 goals hes got a penalty, Spurs player received a red ,gave one goal and was it directly involved in the two more goals, .We gave four goals in the second half without Aguero and Pellegrini had so much faith in him that in such a game, believe in Edin. He missed a few chances it happens to everyone. I can not understand what is the problem with Edin now ?These 3 strikers are close to about 70 goals , i don't know some people these days watch football like game Football manager .It's all good but let's buy and sell..

palus said:
What I do not understand now is the complains on Edin were essentially as hes a non-runner hes to lazy and that kind of complains , and he was not involved in the game ,that was most of hes critics saying . I look at the last 10 games at Edin who runs like never, last night a lot of closing of Spurs CB and tracking back . involvement in the game i see more and more of that, less mistakes, the better touches and some great passes last night. We score 5 last night are we so deluded that we think it's easy what these boys in blue are doing and to criticize someone with these results, I don't know.So he missed a couple of chances but those were not tap in opportunities and all players sometimes miss a couple . But from 5 goals hes drew a penalty, Spurs player received a red ,gave one goal and was it directly involved in the two more goals, .We gave four goals in the second half without Aguero and Pellegrini had so much faith in him that in such a game, believe in Edin. He missed a few chances it happens to everyone. I can not understand what is the problem with Edin now ?
Right you taking my words out of mouth. Puzzlementing me also.

palus said:
What I do not understand now is the complains on Edin were essentially as hes a non-runner, hes to lazy, and that kind of complains , and he was not involved in the game ,that was most of hes critics saying . I look at the last 10 games at Edin who runs like never, last night a lot of closing of Spurs CB and tracking back . involvement in the game i see more and more of that, less mistakes, the better touches and some great passes last night. We score 5 last night ,are we so deluded that we think it's easy what these boys in blue are doing and to criticize someone with these results 5 1away to Spurs , I don't know.So he missed a couple of chances but those were not tap in opportunities and all players sometimes miss a couple . But from 5 goals hes got a penalty, Spurs player received a red ,gave one goal and was it directly involved in the two more goals, .We gave four goals in the second half without Aguero and Pellegrini had so much faith in him that in such a game, believe in Edin. He missed a few chances it happens to everyone. I can not understand what is the problem with Edin now ?These 3 strikers are close to about 70 goals , i don't know some people these days watch football like game Football manager .It's all good but let's buy and sell..

Said everything in this post that I'm too dumb to articulate. Cheers, mate.

We're fucking spoiled, that's the problem with Edin. My mates always have something to say about him. I guess his reputation as a scapegoat is going to be hard to shake.

Yesterday, he played brilliantly. Had he converted a couple more chances, he would've beaten Magic David to the MotM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.