Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
Fuck me, have Russia invaded Bosnia or something?
Where are they all?
Either lurking and gloating (it's their night off after all) or they're on the piss celebrating.

Aphex said:
The guy is class. Always dangerous. Even if he doesn't work hard sometimes. Anyone slagging him off ever on here is a glory hunter who knows Fuck all about a certain Lee Bradbury. Or basically anyone since Colin Bell.

Samaras, Caicedo, RSC all a lot better than Bradbury and Goater etc but still got and some still do get a lot of stick on here.

Dzecko took his second goal very well tonight, and it was the crucial moment of the game, but he was getting pelters off a lot of City fans within earshot until then, and even after, and these could all buy tickets on the first day of sale so probably go a lot. It was mainly for giving he ball away two easily and not burying the chance in the first half.

This is the Dzeko we need every game. He worked hard, won his headers, held the ball up really well and scored two great goals. I just wish he could do this week in week out and not just on rare occasions.

Corky said:
Aphex said:
The guy is class. Always dangerous. Even if he doesn't work hard sometimes. Anyone slagging him off ever on here is a glory hunter who knows Fuck all about a certain Lee Bradbury. Or basically anyone since Colin Bell.

Samaras, Caicedo, RSC all a lot better than Bradbury and Goater etc but still got and some still do get a lot of stick on here.

Dzecko took his second goal very well tonight, and it was the crucial moment of the game, but he was getting pelters off a lot of City fans within earshot until then, and even after, and these could all buy tickets on the first day of sale so probably go a lot. It was mainly for giving he ball away two easily and not burying the chance in the first half.

That's the point though. He only needs minimal chances to convert, and against the big teams. Barcelona he came on and nearly changed the game. I simply don't understand the hostility towards him.

As for Caicedo, he wasn't even fully compressed carbon let alone a rough diamond..

After all the criticism he got (including me, of course), I think we reached the moment when I couldn't love him more even if I had wanted to. :)

It's not just the two goals, the defensive work he did was absolutely immense. He was just like another midfielder in the line of Navas and Nasri, where Silva had more of a freedom. Brilliant stuff from our managerial staff and of course from Dzeko himself.

Well done Edin, that's all I can say. Second goal was sublime. More of this and he'll have another prem winners medal around his neck.

This is what I think he was always capable of. I know I've had disagreements with people on this thread, and honestly over time I think all of you mofos had some good points. No hard feelings, I just want to see this team do well. Aguero is world class, and Beast is freaking awesome. But Edin brings something different to the table and I love watching him play as awkward as he looks.

Love to all the Dzeko detractors I've butted heads with! <3

MSP said:
I think you should all thank Bosnian fans who booed him in the friendly vs Egypt :D

Since then he is playing his heart out to prove people wrong. Only goals were missing in his last few performances and they came at best possible moment :D

That was not the first time he has received criticism from us, the Bosnian fans; That just happened to be the one where the foreign media picked it up the most. What City fans have to understand if they haven't already, is that he comes from a very small country, that is thirsty for acceptance, and where people live for futball and at the moment he is by far our biggest star. That is a burden he has to bear. Bosnia used to be a part of a national team that was consistently considered one of the best in the world, and now independently we are finally getting somewhere and he is a huge part of that. We love him and we'll defend him when it comes to "foreigners", but believe me we get down on him, even more than true City fans do when he doesn't perform at the level we know he can. He's not the best player we ever had, but he's a great player who I believe represents us Bosnians in a great way, both on and off the pitch. Cheers.

Corky said:
Aphex said:

Oh I see its the ST aluminati rearing its fucking ugly head again ..staggering !! They must be right of course because they can buy tickets on the first day of sale ?? Jesus H Christ almighty when does the fact you are in the self perpetuating lucky position of being first to get tickets determine your knowledge on footballing matters ? Any blue who can state that Edin Dzeko didn't have an influential positive effect on our performance from the start don't derserve a ST they are fuckwits of the highest order irrespective of how many loyalty points they have amassed ! Pitiful .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.