Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never ever heard Dzeko booed and I go to every home game. I have heard a lot of groaning and some foul abuse (Dzeko isn't the only one...), but never booing.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
I would love to know the actual line that made you remember it like that.

It was probably, "...first time cross from Navas"
I watch US based coverage NBC. That's literally what the commentator said in one of the matches at Etihad.
Literally or a summation, it can't be both.

I doubt its either though. You have brought up the "fan favourite" line before as if its gospel but this "they dont like him" seems inserted for emphasis

I have to back him up i also heard those comments but i can't remember which comm it was

Damocles said:
Shirley said:
Damocles said:
You must notice the night and day difference between American TV commentators and the English people?

The Yanks absolutely despise us. Watched a stream of an away game recently and couldn't believe the absolute shite they were coming out with. If they would have done that on British TV they would have caused a riot.

Dzeko is adored by the majority of City fans. He's one of my personal heroes; he helped win us the league which more the majority of my time wasn't even a fantasy I could have had. The problem I have and have always had is that he is unable to be criticised when he deserves it and he is massively overrated. Dzeko is not a world class player. If you pick your squad of 25 world class layers, how many injuries would it take for him to be in there?

I'd actually keep Dzeko if he was happy to not be the focal point of the team and his body language most of the time suggests he isn't. He isn't a difficult player just a highly strung one who is prone to mistakes.

I can put up with anything from City players - punching each other, training ground fights, rape allegations, obviously hungover, obviously just crap, etc. The one thing that I and most other fans will never tolerate is a person who we feel isn't trying their best and this is where Dzeko fits in.

With that said though I have never booed a City player and will never boo one. Isolated shouts in a crowd of nearly 50,000 is going to happen no matter what. But the crowd, or even groups of it larger than a couple of people, have never ever booed Edin Dzeko at any game I have been to nor have I ever heard of it from any person who isn't a big Dzeko fan.

It was not an American commentator, it was Trevor Francis who made the point on at least two games I recall.

I said American TV commentators not American commentators.

lol

Damocles said:
You must notice the night and day difference between American TV commentators and the English people?

The Yanks absolutely despise us. Watched a stream of an away game recently and couldn't believe the absolute shite they were coming out with. If they would have done that on British TV they would have caused a riot.

Dzeko is adored by the majority of City fans. He's one of my personal heroes; he helped win us the league which more the majority of my time wasn't even a fantasy I could have had. The problem I have and have always had is that he is unable to be criticised when he deserves it and he is massively overrated. Dzeko is not a world class player. If you pick your squad of 25 world class layers, how many injuries would it take for him to be in there?

I'd actually keep Dzeko if he was happy to not be the focal point of the team and his body language most of the time suggests he isn't. He isn't a difficult player just a highly strung one who is prone to mistakes.

I can put up with anything from City players - punching each other, training ground fights, rape allegations, obviously hungover, obviously just crap, etc. The one thing that I and most other fans will never tolerate is a person who we feel isn't trying their best and this is where Dzeko fits in.

With that said though I have never booed a City player and will never boo one. Isolated shouts in a crowd of nearly 50,000 is going to happen no matter what. But the crowd, or even groups of it larger than a couple of people, have never ever booed Edin Dzeko at any game I have been to nor have I ever heard of it from any person who isn't a big Dzeko fan.
I've said it before; effort will make up for a lack of goals, goals won't always make up for a lack of effort.

Id like to quote the post I said that in before a shit storm ensues
He scored 85 goals in 3 and a half years at Wolfsburg as their main man, or at least a continuous starter with Grafite.

He has 50 goals for us in the same time playing second/third fiddle. So his goalscoring ability can't be and hasn't been doubted.

You don't have to bag 30 a season to endear yourself to fans, he's gotten more plaudits for games like Bayern away or Newcastle at home than he did for ones such as Newcastle in the cup when be scored one and assisted the other.

It might not apply to everyone but effort will make up for a lack of goals, goals won't always make up for a lack of effort. Of course everyone's grateful for each of his 50 goals but the latter only fuels frustration, not hatred, because there's no reason why he can't score as often as he does now while putting in more effort on the pitch.

-- Mar 29th, '14, 15:11 --

karen7 said:
pudge said:
noise said:
I watch US based coverage NBC. That's literally what the commentator said in one of the matches at Etihad.

I doubt its either though. You have brought up the "fan favourite" line before as if its gospel but this "they dont like him" seems inserted for emphasis

I have to back him up i also heard those comments but i can't remember which comm it was
Shame on the 47,000 then who were at the match, all of whom I presume dont like him.

I know all too well what its like to get beaten over the head with presumptuous generalisations. Those 47,000 are now marked for life, or does it fall on all match going fans?

pudge said:
Damocles said:

I've said it before; effort will make up for a lack of goals, goals won't always make up for a lack of effort.

He scored 85 goals in 3 and a half years at Wolfsburg as their main man, or at least a continuous starter with Grafite.

He has 50 goals for us in the same time playing second/third fiddle. So his goalscoring ability can't be and hasn't been doubted.

You don't have to bag 30 a season to endear yourself to fans, he's gotten more plaudits for games like Bayern away or Newcastle at home than he did for ones such as Newcastle in the cup when be scored one and assisted the other.

It might not apply to everyone but effort will make up for a lack of goals, goals won't always make up for a lack of effort. Of course everyone's grateful for each of his 50 goals but the latter only fuels frustration, not hatred, because there's no reason why he can't score as often as he does now while putting in more effort on the pitch.

karen7 said:
pudge said:

Shame on the 47,000 then who were at the match, all of whom I presume dont like him.

The crowd were all cheering him scoring a goal,the comments were completely out of order and wrong.pundits like that should not be in a job

karen7 said:
pudge said:
Damocles said:

karen7 said:

The crowd were all cheering him scoring a goal,the comments were completely out of order and wrong.pundits like that should not be in a job
Exactly, and because some commentator said City fans dont like him some will treat it as Gospel and beat all fans over the head with it which is my gripe.

karen7 said:
pudge said:
noise said:

As I previously posted it was Trevor Francis during TV commentary who actually said the fans sat around him don't like Dzeko.
Even the police inspectors on here can work out where in the stadium that will be.

He can frustrate me at times but he scores goals.He has a lazy style which i think some see as lazy full stop. leave him in the box and he will get you goals.I find it a great shame that some blues don't support him but that's up to them i suppose,No-one seems to come up with a good proven 3rd choice striker to take his place aside from give one of the kids a go which is ridiculous,if any of them were good enough they would be in the first team already
Just my opinion,i hope he stays

More of this today, please!
BjmrXZXCMAEs9lJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.