Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's helped us win the League and the FA Cup and he's weighed in with some important goals for us but come the Summer the World Cup must be a transfer window for him. Not good enough for a team who play in our style. Last night directly in front of me he tried flicking the ball past a Chelsea defender who stood his ground and Dzeko bounced off him or in my opinion Dzeko just didn't have the will or the tenacity to want to force himself past the defender to get to the ball and he took the soft way out and held his arms out looking at the ref who quite rightly waived play on. Its the the very last time I'm going to get wound up by his timid reactions as I've come to accept he's a six foot striker in the body of a dainty Wilo Flood as he's more interested in flicks and trying to be a pretty footballer rather than using his height and muscle to bulldoze his way past defenders which I now accept his not his game. Unfortunately for him his dainty style doesn't cut it upfront in the EPL.

Matty said:
DTKOAG said:
I thought that Dzeko played OK last night.
Just a pity that his partner didn't turn up for the game.

I thought Dzeko was terrible last night, but then he wasn't on his own in that respect. Negredo was woeful too, and there were several others who just didn't play well enough.

Was a singular meaningful interchange between them all night.

Lucky Toma said:
Matty said:
DTKOAG said:
I thought that Dzeko played OK last night.
Just a pity that his partner didn't turn up for the game.

I thought Dzeko was terrible last night, but then he wasn't on his own in that respect. Negredo was woeful too, and there were several others who just didn't play well enough.

Was a singular meaningful interchange between them all night.

Yeah Negredo screamed at him try forcing your way past a defender once in a while to which Dzeko softly whispered back how do you perform that technique with the outside of your left foot you handsome beast as it's something I really want to try in Brazil this summer.

Is it time to give up with Edin?

He's the most frustrating of players. Utterly brilliant on his day and utterly useless sometimes too. I have been supportive of him throughout, seeing his good points rather than his bad ones. He scores goals no doubt, is good in the air, has excellent distribution and overall a decent attitude and is low maintenance.

But his 1st touch has always been shocking, his work rate questionable and once his strongest point - composure in front of goal - seems now to be completely out of the window. As a team we cannot keep missing 10+ chances in games and expect to win all the time. I am starting to think perhaps it's time he moved on in the summer.

he'll be off in the summer, hoping once Aguero is back, dzeko will be 4th choice behind Serg, Jovetic and Negredo. Those 3 are a mile and above better than Dzeko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.