Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonethestone said:
he'll be off in the summer, hoping once Aguero is back, dzeko will be 4th choice behind Serg, Jovetic and Negredo. Those 3 are a mile and above better than Dzeko.

Serg and Negredo are. Who knows with Jovetic, far too early to tell and also - from what I can gather - he's not so much of an out and out striker. The one thing about Edin (when in form, and god knows when we will see that again) is he knows where the onion bag is. A sort of anti-silva, if you like.

His finishing was very poor but he played good when dropping deep, had numerous of passes onto flanks, towards Navas and Kolarov. First touch and hold up was OK. Some mentioned the chance when he could pass to Silva, the shot went couple of yards wide not in the top tier.

Game was won in the midfield, I was shocked when I seen DM instead of Milner (or Rodwell) in the first 11. Kolarov had several great crosses, Nasty was wasteful, Vinnie and Zaba was below par, Hart did OK. Yaya and Silva couldn't do much and Negredo was poor. Navas was the best player in blue and hazard on the pitch last night. Jovetic has shown some quality, he should start vs Norwich.

Didn't wear his shooting boots again did he.....Same at Spurs although he scored, seems the signal from his brain doesn't reach his feet in time to put the shoot into practice. Don't get me wrong, I like him generally, but he is one of the weaknesses in the team.

i heard some championship team is interested in dzeko... they have free seats on the bench.

citijin said:
when are we selling dzeko?

I think there's a decent chance (well, more than decent if I'm honest) that we'll sell him in the Summer. He'll only have 12 months left on his contract and his style really doesn't suit the way in which we're trying to play. I think we'll need to replace him with another striker (I don't think Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic on their own is enough, and I doubt Guidetti will be trusted to carry too much of the weight, if any) but both parties would probably benefit from a passing of the ways. You'd suspect Dortmund may well view him as a good replacement for the departing Lewandowski, but there's no certainty there. Maybe we'd look at Mario Mandzukic as his place in Bayern's lineup must be under threat from the aforementioned Lewandowski next season, although whether he'd suit our style either is debatable.

Matty said:
citijin said:

I think there's a decent chance (well, more than decent if I'm honest) that we'll sell him in the Summer. He'll only have 12 months left on his contract and his style really doesn't suit the way in which we're trying to play. I think we'll need to replace him with another striker (I don't think Aguero, Negredo, Jovetic on their own is enough, and I doubt Guidetti will be trusted to carry too much of the weight, if any) but both parties would probably benefit from a passing of the ways. You'd suspect Dortmund may well view him as a good replacement for the departing Lewandowski, but there's no certainty there. Maybe we'd look at Mario Mandzukic as his place in Bayern's lineup must be under threat from the aforementioned Lewandowski next season, although whether he'd suit our style either is debatable.
Dortmund to buy dzeko .... hahaha hahahaha

citijin said:
Matty said:
citijin said:

It's certainly a possibility, they clearly have a need for a new striker, Dzeko has a history with the Bundesliga, experience of Champion's League football etc. He's not as good as Lewandowski, but Dortmund won't be able to find someone who is and also falls within their budget.

Matty said:
citijin said:
Matty said:
It's certainly a possibility, they clearly have a need for a new striker, Dzeko has a history with the Bundesliga, experience of Champion's League football etc. He's not as good as Lewandowski, but Dortmund won't be able to find someone who is and also falls within their budget.
He's very unsuitable for Dortmund's style. They rely on their striker to provide lightning fast transition from the midfield to attack, Dzeko would be one of the worst strikers for that.

FredTilson said:
Matty said:
citijin said:
He's very unsuitable for Dortmund's style. They rely on their striker to provide lightning fast transition from the midfield to attack, Dzeko would be one of the worst strikers for that.
Yeah, there's certainly a question mark around his suitability for their specific tactical approach. You have to ask yourself though, given Dortmund's budgetary constraints, the extortionate cost of strikers in the current market, and Dzeko's relatively sensible asking price (we can't demand too much with only 12 months left on his contract, maybe Negredo type money £16m with add ons) would Dortmund be willing to take him on in the hope they can rekindle his fire and adapt him to their gameplan? He'd get more regular starts, which would help with his confidence and potentially his quality would improve with it too.

Dortmund could go an entirely different way of course, but there have been rumours in the past that they wanted him, and they certainly need someone in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.