Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
frustrating player and I want him to do well, he always seems to be in the right position pity his finishing lets him down.If he leaves in the summer I would try and get Loic Remy as replacement

Damocles said:
Mike N said:
Damocles said:
So no then, you don't get to many games from Indonesia so have no idea what "our loyal fans" do each week. Unlike you, I do manage to get there and know that you're talking shit.

Everybody gets isolated abuse from certain fans and has done for donkey's years. Dzeko is one of the more liked players by the crowd and gets his name sang every week. I don't give a shit if you're Billy Meredith's Dad, your opinion on what the current City crowd does is bollocks and wrong

You sound like a proper boring bully.

Whereas that post from you added loads to the conversation. At least me and Shirley are making a point.

It wasn't much of a conversation though if you can only accuse me of talking shit.

When you have been to as many games as I have, home, away and in Europe then perhaps you can question my knowledge and loyalty.

I'm a Wythenshawe lad probably a lot older than you and grew up standing on the Kippax, you maybe in a position to think you know more than me but somehow I doubt it.

nmc said:
oakiecokie said:
cleavers said:
I've both supported him, and complained about him on this thread before now, and have deliberately not posted on it since Saturday, as when I did I wanted to do so with a degree of impartiality.

I'm sorry though, he was piss poor on Saturday, pretty much back to the awful Plzen (H) performance (his worst performance in a City shirt).

The miss, ridiculous though it was, was the least of my concerns, it was virtually everything else he did, or more often than not didn't do.

His movement was dreadful, his first touch generally poor, his hold up play was none existant, he had one decent knock on header all game, I don't remember him making a single challenge, he had one decent effort on goal when Negredo laid it on for him, but that, the one header I mentioned, and one clearance in our box, was the sum total of his positive contributions, and its a pretty lame effort for 90 minutes, but the worst thing of all, was that he put more effort into nearly breaking his foot on the post, than pretty well everything else he did, and that was stupidity because we'd already lost Jovetic, and we have Aguero still not fit, so he was risking a really stupid injury, for absolutely nothing, ahead of a cup final, the act of an idiot, frustrated or not.

He's generally played well in recent weeks, so why he has suddenly returned to this, I've no idea, but I hope he snaps out of it quickly. Those blaming the fans for it though are just wrong, the cause is his, not people complaining about him, and if he plays like that I'm afraid he deserves to get some stick.

Bloody hell,cleavers,it could have been me writing that,word for word.
As I`ve said before many a time on this subject,I have supported Dzeko for ages,but I cannot continue but vent my anger and frustration at a guy,who couldn`t trap fucking bag of cement.The effort he puts in is virtually ziltch and never in my life have I seen a big guy go down so easily,at the mere touch on him by a defender.
Enough is enough and he needs to look for pastures new,as it sure aint working at City.

Two things stood out on Saturday - firstly when Jovetic's drive was parried - what exactly was Dzeko doing - he certainly wasn't following up - as he should have been; and secondly the awful miss was a result of poor technique and or laziness. He should have opened his body, let the ball run across him and rolled it in with his left foot - instead he stood still and tried to bend his right foot around the ball - and as a result he ended up making contact with his standing foot.

Yea, maybe throw a lack of concentration in there though I'm not sure if that comes under laziness. When I watch that miss I just look and think 'wow, your brain just does not co-ordinate properly with those gangly legs of yours does it lamp post'. I'm not gonna bust his balls though. We know what we're getting with Edin now and we know we've only got to stick it out til the end of the season when we move him on and change things up. Hopefully he can do a decent job til then. With the amount of fixtures coming up we're gonna need him to do alright and not sulk. Acquiring the ability to hit a cows arse with a banjo might be preferable also

Shirley said:
Damocles said:
Mike N said:
You sound like a proper boring bully.

Whereas that post from you added loads to the conversation. At least me and Shirley are making a point.

It wasn't much of a conversation though if you can only accuse me of talking shit.

When you have been to as many games as I have, home, away and in Europe then perhaps you can question my knowledge and loyalty.

I'm a Wythenshawe lad probably a lot older than you and grew up standing on the Kippax, you maybe in a position to think you know more than me but somehow I doubt it.

Why are you struggling with such a simple concept again?

I don't care if you personally massaged Bert Trautmann's helmet, nor if you grew up on Kippax Street. The fact is that you can't talk about what the crowd does and doesn't do in a stadium that you're thousands of miles away from better than somebody who was in that stadium.

Damocles said:
Shirley said:
Damocles said:

Why are you struggling with such a simple concept again?

I don't care if you personally massaged Bert Trautmann's helmet, nor if you grew up on Kippax Street. The fact is that you can't talk about what the crowd does and doesn't do in a stadium that you're thousands of miles away from better than somebody who was in that stadium.

Are you deaf and blind, just read the posts on here for starters.
Do you think I don't talk to friends and family who go to the games each week?
If I'm not at the games I watch them live on tv and I am not deaf, even the commentators have mentioned it.
Why are you denying Dzeko is becoming the new boo boy, he is not the first.

He is a sullen fucker.
Saturday summed it up for me.
So lets keep him for the equaliser he scored against QPR.....Get a fucking grip and stop living in the past. 99% of the crowd reacted to his shocking effort on Saturday. I hate to see it and hear it but the criticism is fully deserved.
As I said..chances created to goals scored is horrendous.
Move him on in summer.

Oh and if he scores the winner on Sunday then I will cheer like every other blue

I know I'm just repeating What has been said but at the game I thought he was poor and really pissed me offmasmitndidnt look like he was puttin the effort in, but I've just watched the extended highlights on the OS and it looks like other than the miss he had a good game.

drthingy said:
I know I'm just repeating What has been said but at the game I thought he was poor and really pissed me offmasmitndidnt look like he was puttin the effort in, but I've just watched the extended highlights on the OS and it looks like other than the miss he had a good game.

Agree... his horrendous miss spoilt a good game for him...

Negredo on the other hand... didn't have a horrendous miss... but did absolutely Jack Shit and hasn't done since his injury at WHU. He's becoming even less mobile than Dzeko...

They BOTH need our support... neither are 'shit' however and both are City players.

levets said:
drthingy said:

Agree... his horrendous miss spoilt a good game for him...

Negredo on the other hand... didn't have a horrendous miss... but did absolutely Jack Shit and hasn't done since his injury at WHU. He's becoming even less mobile than Dzeko...

They BOTH need our support... neither are 'shit' however and both are City players.

^^^^^^

Damocles hit the nail on the head, Dzeko despite turning in abjectly lackluster performances week after week has his name sung more than anyone. Everyone in the squad has their fair share of haters from Hart to Navas Garcia to Negredo nobody has been expemt from the boos and geers of a select few especially when we play as poor as we did in the first half. We all want Dzeko to do well and that's why many fans are frustrated and disillusioned because we've all seen glimpses of how well he can play he puts the effort in but when it doesn't go his way he doesn't pick his head up and keep knocking at the door he just lets his head drop and as many have said before he's a player who relies on confidence and once his head drops his game gets progressively worse whilst he wears the sky blue shirt he'll always get 100 percent support whilst he's on the pitch technical errors and lack of movement hold him back he doesn't use his body type to his advantage, he's a tall guy who's quite slow but has (when it's on target) a great shot so why does he put himself out wide? What's he going to do from there? He should be on the shoulder of defenders and always in the box utilising his skillset the sooner he realises his limitations the better. That being said on here is a reaction to the Bosnians who have their head permenantly up his arse, surely there is some happy medium somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.