Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

blink922 said:
Seosa said:
blink922 said:
I don't understand why so many people take offense to this. No one is saying he's a shit player (well, some idiots are I suppose but every forum has them). Most of us just recognize how he fits best into our team, which at the moment is terrorizing tired defenders for the last 20 minutes of a match.

Exactly, and I've been guilty of slaughtering the Bosnians on here but really we all want the same thing and that's Edin scoring goals for us. The same outcome, just a different route to finding it.

I'm guilty of that as well, although it has nothing to do with Dzeko himself. Love the guy and I'm delighted to see him bagging important goals for us.
Ditto. One of my favorite players.

I don't think he plays as well when he starts but I will say.....

Without Dzeko we would be sat behind west brom and everton in the league table.

That finish today was sublime.

Well done Dzeko. Deserves another chance at a start next week.

EaglesFan said:
celticfc482 said:
CTID101 said:
You can say what you want about stats but I am really struggling to remember games where Dzeko has started and made an impact. The first one is Spurs away last season. Most games his first touch is poor, passing is erratic, shooting poor and general link up play pretty average.
Maybe a solid run of games can bring out the kind of form he showed at Wolfsburg. But then we aren't playing someone else.

Some players just do better when they come on.

I agree 100% with this, when he starts he just looks like he can't be bothered, just strolls around gives it away, but when he comes off the bench he really does look a threat, Like you said a run of games might be what's needed but if he starts and it doesn't work the impact option isn't really on the bench.

Rubbish - cause that's the case you can make for any of our strikers (start them ONE game, and then if they dont make big impact claim that they are bench players).

How about giving him more than one fucking start in a row, just to even have a case?

Someone else wont be playing you say? Well right now I dont see Tevez as having huge impact on games, so why the fuck not?

Just an EXCUSE for Roberto clearly favoring certain type of forwards, reglardless if they are less effective than Dzeko right now.

And that's ok too - Roberto is the manager. But the way this is being played out - Dzeko WILL BE STARTING deservingly and scoring shitloads come January. WHERE he will be doing that is the question.

As crazy as it sounds, Aguero and Dzeko is the best pairing up top. Aguero and Tevez are indentical players, with Aguero edging it on technique, and Tevez on work rate. By that reasoning Aguero should be playing over Tevez.

Dzeko offers something Tevez does not have, height and clinical finishing. A pairing of Agureo and Dzeko is more complete, than Tevez and Aguero.

Let the ridicule begin.

Again some people have no clue why edin does not perform when he starts. When he starts the game City are in the pass and move style of play ( Play from the mid no wing play). this means The ball wont be fed to Dzeko in the box (which is where he does his buiss) and for him to get touches he wonders down and starts trying to get involved hence his first touch is like a donky comments which is true but thats not his fukin job . The reason he does well off the bench is cuz the pass and move /play through the mid has failed badly (which has been the case for the past few weeks) So when he comes on they revert to plan B wingers start chucking the ball into the box(Micon) and hence why he gets the goals. some of u guys seriously have no idea wtf is going on the pitch to say he is useless playing from the start. And again Kun did fuk all for the whole game except for that sublime finish. if dzeko wasted some of those open goal chances there would be pitchforks and a lynch squad after him.

AntiUnited said:
Again some people have no clue why edin does not perform when he starts. When he starts the game City are in the pass and move style of play ( Play from the mid no wing play). this means The ball wont be fed to Dzeko in the box (which is where he does his buiss) and for him to get touches he wonders down and starts trying to get involved hence his first touch is like a donky comments which is true but thats not his fukin job . The reason he does well off the bench is cuz the pass and move /play through the mid has failed badly (which has been the case for the past few weeks) So when he comes on they revert to plan B wingers start chucking the ball into the box(Micon) and hence why he gets the goals. some of u guys seriously have no idea wtf is going on the pitch to say he is useless playing from the start. And again Kun did fuk all for the whole game except for that sublime finish. if dzeko wasted some of those open goal chances there would be pitchforks and a lynch squad after him.

Very good post, basically we are shit in the first half so Dzeko (and all our strikers, barring momments of magic) are shit as well.

Celebritykiller said:
AntiUnited said:

Very good post, basically we are shit in the first half so Dzeko (and all our strikers, barring momments of magic) are shit as well.

Yes shit first half, To many wasted chances the fact zab was the most threatening player (winger) says about the form of our 2 strikers (tevez/kun). how many wasted chances shit shots from slow mid play. but once micon came in and gave extra width (even before dzeko came in) we played 10times better.

AntiUnited said:

Finally, one good post.

blink922 said:
Seosa said:
blink922 said:
I don't understand why so many people take offense to this. No one is saying he's a shit player (well, some idiots are I suppose but every forum has them). Most of us just recognize how he fits best into our team, which at the moment is terrorizing tired defenders for the last 20 minutes of a match.

Exactly, and I've been guilty of slaughtering the Bosnians on here but really we all want the same thing and that's Edin scoring goals for us. The same outcome, just a different route to finding it.

I'm guilty of that as well, although it has nothing to do with Dzeko himself. Love the guy and I'm delighted to see him bagging important goals for us.

We all do lads the only difference is that we want all players to do well despite their nationality as where they come from means fuck all once they put that sky blue and white shirt on!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.