Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Agree with a few others on here, when he start he doesn't seem to offer us a huge amount.. from memory anyway! - But coming off the bench i've lost count of times he's changed a game and more importantly scored a crucial goal!

CTID101 said:
You can say what you want about stats but I am really struggling to remember games where Dzeko has started and made an impact. The first one is Spurs away last season. Most games his first touch is poor, passing is erratic, shooting poor and general link up play pretty average.
Maybe a solid run of games can bring out the kind of form he showed at Wolfsburg. But then we aren't playing someone else.

Some players just do better when they come on.

I agree 100% with this, when he starts he just looks like he can't be bothered, just strolls around gives it away, but when he comes off the bench he really does look a threat, Like you said a run of games might be what's needed but if he starts and it doesn't work the impact option isn't really on the bench.

celticfc482 said:
CTID101 said:
You can say what you want about stats but I am really struggling to remember games where Dzeko has started and made an impact. The first one is Spurs away last season. Most games his first touch is poor, passing is erratic, shooting poor and general link up play pretty average.
Maybe a solid run of games can bring out the kind of form he showed at Wolfsburg. But then we aren't playing someone else.

I agree 100% with this, when he starts he just looks like he can't be bothered, just strolls around gives it away, but when he comes off the bench he really does look a threat, Like you said a run of games might be what's needed but if he starts and it doesn't work the impact option isn't really on the bench.
He´s the same as chickpiss - chihuaua sucks Fergies cock though and maybe Edin just can´t accept being a supersub - that is all he will ever be at City but I love it!! He´s a shoe-in every time he comes off the bench

celticfc482 said:
CTID101 said:

Rubbish - cause that's the case you can make for any of our strikers (start them ONE game, and then if they dont make big impact claim that they are bench players).

How about giving him more than one fucking start in a row, just to even have a case?

Someone else wont be playing you say? Well right now I dont see Tevez as having huge impact on games, so why the fuck not?

Just an EXCUSE for Roberto clearly favoring certain type of forwards, reglardless if they are less effective than Dzeko right now.

And that's ok too - Roberto is the manager. But the way this is being played out - Dzeko WILL BE STARTING deservingly and scoring shitloads come January. WHERE he will be doing that is the question.

Dzeko will probably be given one start after his performance today and when he doesnt score a hat-trick it will be back to the bench for him. I don't remember the last time he got 2 starts in a row.

Bosno said:
Dzeko will probably be given one start after his performance today and when he doesnt score a hat-trick it will be back to the bench for him. I don't remember the last time he got 2 starts in a row.

THIS.

He will start one of the next two in some weird lineup (like we will decide to rest Silva, Tevez, and one or two more), then team will underperform and he will be blamed for all of it, and will be back on the bench.

Seen it way too many times. This is where Roberto is too stubborn for his own good (favoring certain players over others), which will eventually be detrimental to his own status in this club. That's my opinion, but hey-ho, I'm just a "Dzeko fan", right?

He'll probably get a start next week, Aguero will be saved for RM. Hopefully he'll prove he's more than a supersub.

Dzeko has more points this season than half of EPL clubs.

Dzeko has saved Roberto's ass so many times this season - Roberto should invite him for dinner with his family and have his kids say grace to Edin.

Just saying.

Bosno said:

And then it will be Mancini out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.