Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

pominoz said:
dzeko01 said:
pominoz said:
Not at all, why does thinking Dzeko is not a mix of Pele, Maradona, Messi and God, mean that i hate him?
As i have posted many times he can be a very good footballer, but this "we are only where we are because of Dzeko" bullshit, is nonsense.
If we had not have bought him, we would have bought a similar priced striker, one that may be able to play very well for more than 20 minutes at a time, therefore contributing more to the team.

This hero worship and putting down of the other players is the thing that shits me with the fanboys, and it will never end unless he starts every single game or moves on.
\

well...lets hope Mancini start Dzeko and give him a run of games. so far he;s only started 3 games. He starts one, sits out the next three, but Mancini expects goals from the start? not fair. but i really hope he does well, so people would stop calling him a "super sub"

Do you not think there maybe a reason he is dropped after starting a game?
because he's expecting him to score from the start? but he has a different treatment for the other strikers. maybe if he actually gets more minutes he will improve. he cant do much with 20 minutes. what do you think tevez could do with 20 minutes? he just runs around like a headless chicken. that doesnt mean he works harder.

dzeko01 said:
pominoz said:
dzeko01 said:
[/color]\

well...lets hope Mancini start Dzeko and give him a run of games. so far he;s only started 3 games. He starts one, sits out the next three, but Mancini expects goals from the start? not fair. but i really hope he does well, so people would stop calling him a "super sub"

because he's expecting him to score from the start? but he has a different treatment for the other strikers. maybe if he actually gets more minutes he will improve. he cant do much with 20 minutes. what do you think tevez could do with 20 minutes? he just runs around like a headless chicken. that doesnt mean he works harder.

He has had many chances in the time he has been at City from the start, that is why he is used as he is.
As for Tevez being a headless chicken, do you actually watch the games or just focus on your hero,when he comes on?

r.soleofsalford said:
the problem we have though is that to be most effective edin needs service, and our slow build up play through the first half of games doesnt suit him, in fact thats why we as a team struggle to score

Agreed.

So we should get used to slow build up in the first 60 minutes and Edin to score couple when he comes in and gets service from Maicon, Kolarov, Clichy, etc. ?

Only Barsa can play tikka takka and win most of the international and domestic games as they have a lot of technically gifted footballers who perform it perfectly.

pominoz said:
That is bollocks and even you should know it.
Tevez and Kun work their , something Dzeko does not, that is the reason.

I dont think that is the reason why he does not start regularly. There are more players in the squad who do not work their arse's off all games but they still picked to play 90 minutes.

Our slow build up do not require pace and pressing opponents defending line so nobody chase the ball (or rarely someone does on his own without support from others) and we are open to counterattacks.. Micah, maicon, Kolarov, Clichy and Nasri can cross so I would not be surprised we attack down the flanks when RM decide to go with the Plan B.

Even RM stated in the last press conference that Edin need more self confidence so he score from the start which is BS because he need run of he games in order to get in that stage.

JasminBosnia said:
pominoz said:
That is bollocks and even you should know it.
Tevez and Kun work their , something Dzeko does not, that is the reason.

I dont think that is the reason why he does not start regularly. There are more players in the squad who do not work their arse's off all games but they still picked to play 90 minutes.

Our slow build up do not require pace and pressing opponents defending line so nobody chase the ball (or rarely someone does on his own without support from others) and we are open to counterattacks.. Micah, maicon, Kolarov, Clichy and Nasri can cross so I would not be surprised we attack down the flanks when RM decide to go with the Plan B.

Even RM stated in the last press conference that Edin need more self confidence so he score from the start which is BS because he need run of he games in order to get in that stage.

As someone posted earlier, did he not have a 10 game run and scored 1 goal, you can blame everyone else in the team for that as much as you want, but we can not afford to keep starting him with very little result, just to build his confidence.
Retaining the title will be gone, and strange as it may seem to you, it is not all about Dzeko, (or Mario, or anybody else), it's about our club and what is best for it.

pominoz said:
As someone posted earlier, did he not have a 10 game run and scored 1 goal, you can blame everyone else in the team for that as much as you want, but we can not afford to keep starting him with very little result, just to build his confidence.
Retaining the title will be gone, and strange as it may seem to you, it is not all about Dzeko, (or Mario, or anybody else), it's about our club and what is best for it.

When??? Last season December?

We get very little result without him so far, so there is nothing to lose. He is already confident, thanks to him we are on the top of the table. Just need to be regular starter and get service. I guarantee we will be 10 points clear at the end of the season. I never said its all about him or anyone else, just want RM to treat him fair like he treats most of the players.

olddirty said:
pominoz said:
dzeko01 said:
[/color]\

Why Tevez is not dropped when he starts and don't score ? Or Aguero for that matter ?
You are full of bullshit, just as your arguments... No better than Dzeko fan boys.
So after Tevez and Aguero each scored 2 goals in the last game, you want them dropped so Dzeko can start?

Obvious irony is obvious

pudge said:
olddirty said:
pominoz said:
Why Tevez is not dropped when he starts and don't score ? Or Aguero for that matter ?
You are full of bullshit, just as your arguments... No better than Dzeko fan boys.
So after Tevez and Aguero each scored 2 goals in the last game, you want them dropped so Dzeko can start?

Obvious irony is obvious

But yet when Edin scores he is dropped right after?

You sir are a hypocrite. Why weren't Aguero or Tevez benched after they had a scoreless game? But at the same time Edin gets dropped if he doesn't score, doesn't matter if he plays well or shit.

Oh but of course I forgot Aguero and Tevez work "harder". Yet those two and Edin are not the same type of player.

So please do tell me, what's more important: Goals? Or running hard?

6 goals 9 points. I'm a City fan first, but it's stupid to think that there aren't "favorites" on the team.

I'm only irked that our hottest striker sits on the bench for 3 games straight and starts 1. In football you can ill afford to bench whoever the inform player is, regardless of how deep the team is. That goes double when we have to fight off teams like Chelsea/United/Arsenal and play against teams that are extremely difficult to play against away such as West Brom/Sunderland.

Now having said that, Aguero and Tevez scored 2 a piece and should get the nod for this game. But you also have to weigh in the fact that they played Sat.

If he doesn't produce off the bench then keep him on the bench, but don't cut off his playing time because he didn't find the net after one start, that's counter-productive. Not just from a confidence side but for the whole structure.

Oh well, let's just hope City win tonight!

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
olddirty said:

Obvious irony is obvious

But yet when Edin scores he is dropped right after?

You sir are a hypocrite. Why weren't Aguero or Tevez benched after they had a scoreless game? But at the same time Edin gets dropped if he doesn't score, doesn't matter if he plays well or shit.

Oh but of course I forgot Aguero and Tevez work "harder". Yet those two and Edin are not the same type of player.

So please do tell me, what's more important: Goals? Or running hard?

6 goals 9 points. I'm a City fan first, but it's stupid to think that there aren't "favorites" on the team.

I'm only irked that our hottest striker sits on the bench for 3 games straight and starts 1. In football you can ill afford to bench whoever the inform player is, regardless of how deep the team is. That goes double when we have to fight off teams like Chelsea/United/Arsenal and play against teams that are extremely difficult to play against away such as West Brom/Sunderland.

Now having said that, Aguero and Tevez scored 2 a piece and should get the nod for this game. But you also have to weigh in the fact that they played Sat.

If he doesn't produce off the bench then keep him on the bench, but don't cut off his playing time because he didn't find the net after one start, that's counter-productive. Not just from a confidence side but for the whole structure.

Oh well, let's just hope City win tonight!
How am I a hypocrite?

I've never called for Dzeko to start on the bench.

I'm just highlighting the obvious irony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.