Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

I'd use him sparingly as a first ream player but he'd come I've most games at 60mins to get a goal. He may not like being a super sub but as a team that's his best bet once the two argies have knackered everyone.

No17 said:
wayne71 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
did you see in the first half,He was back around our 18yard box near the touchline. The ball came to him and his first touch just put it out for a throw in. Mancini just turned arounbd and shook his head. Shame really but I think it may be best if he moves on

You only pop up when he's had a shit game, you never come on here when he's scored one of his numerous winning goals.

to be honest it was in the opposition end near the touchline, but nevertheless it was embarrassing...he put in a shift yesterday, for some reason kept knocking back balls he should have chested for himself and booted them in, but that was probably tactics, had a nice through ball to Silva, and won some headers but he had a bad game yesterday....a really bad game

He was poor yesterday I agree but none of our other forwards were any better.

It just pisses me off that certain people have this bizarre attitude towards one of our own players, when he plays well they are nowhere to be seen yet are waiting to snipe when he has a poor game. Its almost like they want him to fail so they can smugly say I told you so.

BlueAnorak said:
But was Edin woeful yesterday?
He made 4 good strikes on goal in the game - Howard saved smartly from 3 and the other went past the post. He got the penalty by getting away from Fellani and would have had a free header if Fellani had not fouled him.
Compare and contrast to Tevez who aside from the penalty only had 2 decent attempts on goal. Running around a lot - doing nothing in particular (certainly not looking for space) does not a goal make.
As to not putting a shift in or moving to get into space to receive a pass I could see no difference to the rest of the front 4 because their was pretty near zero movement (probably because they know they won't receive the ball quickly when we counter attack) as we trundle the ball up the pitch giving the opposition minutes to get 11 men behind the ball.
He didn't play well and was frustrating in that he headed back into the area several times when he should have made an attempt on goal. Couldn't agree with you more on the other point though. Recently Tevez went over 500 minutes without scoring and I didn't hear anybody say a word about it. Dzeko only crossed the 500 minute barrier in minutes played in the league yesterday and has six goals to show for it. A much much better ratio than Tevez. Now obviously his sub appearances are something to do with that and the stats show Dzeko is the worst of our four strikers when starting, but the disparity between the levels of criticism that they get is simply incredible. Aguero and Tevez are hardly ever criticised whereas with Dzeko it's one poor start away.

wayne71 said:
No17 said:
wayne71 said:
You only pop up when he's had a shit game, you never come on here when he's scored one of his numerous winning goals.

to be honest it was in the opposition end near the touchline, but nevertheless it was embarrassing...he put in a shift yesterday, for some reason kept knocking back balls he should have chested for himself and booted them in, but that was probably tactics, had a nice through ball to Silva, and won some headers but he had a bad game yesterday....a really bad game

He was poor yesterday I agree but none of our other forwards were any better.

It just pisses me off that certain people have this bizarre attitude towards one of our own players, when he plays well they are nowhere to be seen yet are waiting to snipe when he has a poor game. Its almost like they want him to fail so they can smugly say I told you so.

some people live off it...it was a discussion earlier in this thread...has to do with his start to his City career...he had a hard time finding his feet so people see his good performances as a product of luck or chance, and expect him to be shit whenever he starts...whereas some who have hit the ground running are forgiven their bad performances because the are usually good when they play...

but it is a fact that he had more bad than good performances...one thing that I like is that even with being poor generally he as managed to score some really important goals for city and still has a really good goals per minute ratio...

Skashion said:
BlueAnorak said:
But was Edin woeful yesterday?
He made 4 good strikes on goal in the game - Howard saved smartly from 3 and the other went past the post. He got the penalty by getting away from Fellani and would have had a free header if Fellani had not fouled him.
Compare and contrast to Tevez who aside from the penalty only had 2 decent attempts on goal. Running around a lot - doing nothing in particular (certainly not looking for space) does not a goal make.
As to not putting a shift in or moving to get into space to receive a pass I could see no difference to the rest of the front 4 because their was pretty near zero movement (probably because they know they won't receive the ball quickly when we counter attack) as we trundle the ball up the pitch giving the opposition minutes to get 11 men behind the ball.
He didn't play well and was frustrating in that he headed back into the area several times when he should have made an attempt on goal. Couldn't agree with you more on the other point though. Recently Tevez went over 500 minutes without scoring and I didn't hear anybody say a word about it. Dzeko only crossed the 500 minute barrier in minutes played in the league yesterday and has six goals to show for it. A much much better ratio than Tevez. Now obviously his sub appearances are something to do with that and the stats show Dzeko is the worst of our four strikers when starting, but the disparity between the levels of criticism that they get is simply incredible. Aguero and Tevez are hardly ever criticised whereas with Dzeko it's one poor start away.
Because a forwards role is not just goals and Tevez plays deeper than Dzeko

Tevez is not playing anything special recently, even in his famous "it's not only goals" role we like to talk about. He may run three days but if there's no product of that, and there's no product of that for some significant time now, than his run and work rate doesn't mean anything.

Our strikers are collectively average at best this season. It's a worrying stuff.. as much as our defense is good, having firing attack is what wins games as rags are demonstrating this season and we did last (even though we had great defense too). Their defense is shambolic but have enough attacking power to just win games. On other side, our defense is not that bad but in half games we conceded one goal this season we couldn't win on the end and that's not good, not good at all.

Shaelumstash said:
I'm fucking sick to death of him now. I don't want any stats saying how great he is. I don't want any anecdotes of what a nice guy he is. I don't want any analysis of our other strikers / Mancini / our style of play. I don't want any obsessive fan boys tonguing his arse. I just want him to leave.

I've had enough. I've been saying he's shite since his second game for us, and I've seen very little in the two years since to change my mind. When he starts he is overwhelmingly consistently awful, and the team is consistently not as good when he's in it. He's had too many chances now, it's not a knee jerk, I'm not scapegoating him, he's just wank.

I genuinely hope he never starts a game for the club again, he's just not good enough. Good luck to him for the future, I wish him every success and happiness, but please leave because he is holding the team back.

Fuck sake, look at his goals to game ratio then you'll see how shite he is.

Kun Aguero said:
Shaelumstash said:
I'm fucking sick to death of him now. I don't want any stats saying how great he is. I don't want any anecdotes of what a nice guy he is. I don't want any analysis of our other strikers / Mancini / our style of play. I don't want any obsessive fan boys tonguing his arse. I just want him to leave.

I've had enough. I've been saying he's shite since his second game for us, and I've seen very little in the two years since to change my mind. When he starts he is overwhelmingly consistently awful, and the team is consistently not as good when he's in it. He's had too many chances now, it's not a knee jerk, I'm not scapegoating him, he's just wank.

I genuinely hope he never starts a game for the club again, he's just not good enough. Good luck to him for the future, I wish him every success and happiness, but please leave because he is holding the team back.

Fuck sake, look at his goals to game ratio then you'll see how shite he is.
No. I'll look at his performances when he starts to see how shite he is. Darren Bent's goals to games ratio is quite good, but he can't even get on the bench fir Villa because he's shhhhiiiiiiite.

We cant start with this joke ever again !! No pace no skill Can't pass 5 yard balls and Can't control a football to save his life.
Ok he's scored some great important goals !! Thanks now FUCKOFF.
Some blues try to protect him by finding fault with sergio an tevez but Ffs at least they look interested, edin can't always be short of confidence Ffs he's 15stone an 6ft odd but always gets bullied ! Yesterday it was Osman who pushed him about.
Times up get rid an for those who protect him with at least he didn't jog off like tevez did, then I think 40 k blues at the game yesterday hope he will an fast !! He's just a Barry conlon/corradi/samaras who has scored some important goals an some blue protect him for that reason #dogshite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.