Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Continuity is important for strikers so I'd be tempted to start Edin again against Watford, then again at Arsenal. I suspect however we'll see Mario + Tevez this weekend with Edin missing out.

I will say only one thing: it SUCKS that Kun got hurt in last minutes on Tuesday....cause him and Dzeko were really in sync last few games.

I hope it wont be a set back for their chemistry...I was so pissed too cause I thought with the score of 3:0 Kun should have been subbed right after the penalty.

Start Edin for 60-70 minutes vs. Watford, then he has 8 days to rest which is more than enough.

mdj0520 said:
bluemoondays said:
No matter what people say about Edin and his first touch etc - he's proved he can score goals time after time.

For me we need tobe looking past Tevez going and I can't think of a much better partnership than Dzeko and Aguero. Both are instinctive goal scorers, Edin a threat in the air and big and strong, Aguero fast and plays off the last defender - a classical little and large combo.

I'll be amazed if Tevez signs a renewal, we won't be offering him a long contract on big money as he'll be 29 in a couple of months, 30 when his current contract ends (I think). I'm 99% sure he'll walk on a free for his last big payday - probably to Italy, maybe Chelski?

Rather than piss off Edin any more I hope we see more of him and he develops an understanding with Aguero. Ed is 27 this year and Aguero 25 - no reason why we shouldn't get 5 years from both of them especially as Deko's game relies less on pace so he should be good until his early 30's.

Flawless post.

I was saying this LAST YEAR (beginning of last season, while Tevez was on a golfing trip) - and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

They are both young (if you're thinking future), and they are DIFFERENT. You need variety on your team. Dzeko does so many different things for you OTHER THAN DRIBBLING (which is what a lot of people here are obsessed with)...and has a nose for goals. If he is played consistently he would be a really great forward for this team.

The problem is - FIRST GAME HE DOESNT SCORE people on here will be on his back :-) He is the only striker in EPL who HAS TO score every game in order to be considered "starting caliber"...ridiculous really :-)

EaglesFan said:
mdj0520 said:
bluemoondays said:
No matter what people say about Edin and his first touch etc - he's proved he can score goals time after time.

For me we need tobe looking past Tevez going and I can't think of a much better partnership than Dzeko and Aguero. Both are instinctive goal scorers, Edin a threat in the air and big and strong, Aguero fast and plays off the last defender - a classical little and large combo.

I'll be amazed if Tevez signs a renewal, we won't be offering him a long contract on big money as he'll be 29 in a couple of months, 30 when his current contract ends (I think). I'm 99% sure he'll walk on a free for his last big payday - probably to Italy, maybe Chelski?

Rather than piss off Edin any more I hope we see more of him and he develops an understanding with Aguero. Ed is 27 this year and Aguero 25 - no reason why we shouldn't get 5 years from both of them especially as Deko's game relies less on pace so he should be good until his early 30's.

Flawless post.

I was saying this LAST YEAR (beginning of last season, while Tevez was on a golfing trip) - and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

They are both young (if you're thinking future), and they are DIFFERENT. You need variety on your team. Dzeko does so many different things for you OTHER THAN DRIBBLING (which is what a lot of people here are obsessed with)...and has a nose for goals. If he is played consistently he would be a really great forward for this team.

The problem is - FIRST GAME HE DOESNT SCORE people on here will be on his back :-) He is the only striker in EPL who HAS TO score every game in order to be considered "starting caliber"...ridiculous really :-)

dno mate, theres something about dzeko (other than his touch and dribbling) that ruins his game and limits him to an extent.

drop him now at our peril.

he must play next 2 games.

EaglesFan said:
and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

last time tevez and agiuero scored against Aston villa, mancini was prasing both players, and how good they were, etc etc etc. He doesnt look impressed with Dzeko's performances

EaglesFan said:
I will say only one thing: it SUCKS that Kun got hurt in last minutes on Tuesday....cause him and Dzeko were really in sync last few games.

I hope it wont be a set back for their chemistry...I was so pissed too cause I thought with the score of 3:0 Kun should have been subbed right after the penalty.

Start Edin for 60-70 minutes vs. Watford, then he has 8 days to rest which is more than enough.
Tevez and Dzeko aint the wost thing. still a big-small combo.

Raggi01 said:
NoahCity said:
ban-mcfc said:
Due to aguero's injury he'll now have to play both the watford and arsenal games, he's bang in form and scoring so keep up the good work edin.
hopefully he can get a few against Watford to keep his confidence on the rise and then he will be at his absolute best against Arsenal, where we will need it.
I think roberto will rest edin and go with tevez and mario then edin will play at arsenal
both tevez and dzeko for arsenal, not just Edin.

lizzkyk said:
EaglesFan said:
and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

last time tevez and agiuero scored against Aston villa, mancini was prasing both players, and how good they were, etc etc etc. He doesnt look impressed with Dzeko's performances
Mancini was praising how we were finally back on song and scoring chances. Dzeko has scored more goals than Kun since Norwich. I believe he is impressed with Dzeko.

EaglesFan said:

His problem is his poor record when starting. The team is rarely set up for Dzeko when starting so he isn't anywhere near as effective starting as he is off the bench. We can set up for Dzeko but it's a half-way house, especially without Micah Richards, and even more so if we're playing Clichy instead of Kolarov. If we had true wingers plus a deep-lying playmaker we'd see a much better starting record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.