Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Skashion said:
EaglesFan said:
I was saying this LAST YEAR (beginning of last season, while Tevez was on a golfing trip) - and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

They are both young (if you're thinking future), and they are DIFFERENT. You need variety on your team. Dzeko does so many different things for you OTHER THAN DRIBBLING (which is what a lot of people here are obsessed with)...and has a nose for goals. If he is played consistently he would be a really great forward for this team.

The problem is - FIRST GAME HE DOESNT SCORE people on here will be on his back :-) He is the only striker in EPL who HAS TO score every game in order to be considered "starting caliber"...ridiculous really :-)
His problem is his poor record when starting. The team is rarely set up for Dzeko when starting so he isn't anywhere near as effective starting as he is off the bench. We can set up for Dzeko but it's a half-way house, especially without Micah Richards, and even more so if we're playing Clichy instead of Kolarov. If we had true wingers plus a deep-lying playmaker we'd see a much better starting record.
His record is obviously currently not poor when he has scored as much goals as aguero in 2 games (a tally which took aguero a little under 2 months to get). I'm not saying edin is better than aguero, far from it, but Edin, in terns of being a true CF is our best choice.

Raggi01 said:
lizzkyk said:
EaglesFan said:
and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

last time tevez and agiuero scored against Aston villa, mancini was prasing both players, and how good they were, etc etc etc. He doesnt look impressed with Dzeko's performances
Mancini was praising how we were finally back on song and scoring chances. Dzeko has scored more goals than Kun since Norwich. I believe he is impressed with Dzeko.

maybe its just me then, but i dont think dzeko is getting the credit he deserves, at least not from mancini.

Raggi01 said:
His record is obviously currently not poor when he has scored as much goals as aguero in 2 games (a tally which took aguero a little under 2 months to get). I'm not saying edin is better than aguero, far from it, but Edin, in terns of being a true CF is our best choice.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It's not very clear. Could you try again please? :-)

Skashion said:
EaglesFan said:
I was saying this LAST YEAR (beginning of last season, while Tevez was on a golfing trip) - and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

They are both young (if you're thinking future), and they are DIFFERENT. You need variety on your team. Dzeko does so many different things for you OTHER THAN DRIBBLING (which is what a lot of people here are obsessed with)...and has a nose for goals. If he is played consistently he would be a really great forward for this team.

The problem is - FIRST GAME HE DOESNT SCORE people on here will be on his back :-) He is the only striker in EPL who HAS TO score every game in order to be considered "starting caliber"...ridiculous really :-)
His problem is his poor record when starting. The team is rarely set up for Dzeko when starting so he isn't anywhere near as effective starting as he is off the bench. We can set up for Dzeko but it's a half-way house, especially without Micah Richards, and even more so if we're playing Clichy instead of Kolarov. If we had true wingers plus a deep-lying playmaker we'd see a much better starting record.
We have looked to go wide and get the ball in the last two games plus the team look like they have orders to go long and direct every now and again. We seem to be getting the mix just about right.

SWP's back said:
We have looked to go wide and get the ball in the last two games plus the team look like they have orders to go long and direct every now and again. We seem to be getting the mix just about right.
I still don't think we have enough options to create a compelling Plan B. Wingbacks are an efficient solution in expanding your options but only ever a partial one, even if you have quality wingbacks, and we don't have any quality wingbacks on the left. Clichy is limited going forward and Kolarov is limited defensively.

The thing we need to learn now is not to rotate him when he is playing well and more importantly scoring. He needs to play regularly.

Skashion said:
Raggi01 said:
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. It's not very clear. Could you try again please? :-)
Sorry, I'm from the UAE so my english is not the best :(. Im saying that Dzeko's starting record is actually superior to Agueros, backed up by the fact that Dzeko has scored 4 goals in 2 games, a tally which took Aguero a little under 2 months to get (score 4 goals) in all competitions where as Dzeko's is only in the EPL.

WNRH said:
The thing we need to learn now is not to rotate him.... He needs to play regularly.

Which could be said about any player in the team. Rotation might be necessary from time to time due to injuries or fatigue, but Mancini has overstated the need for it me thinks, probably due to him signing so many players for so few positions. A self-inflicted problem.

I don't think Ferran and Txkiki will allow for this in the future so it will probably sort itself out once a few players leave us.

Matt the Giant said:
WNRH said:
The thing we need to learn now is not to rotate him.... He needs to play regularly.

Which could be said about any player in the team. Rotation might be necessary from time to time due to injuries or fatigue, but Mancini has overstated the need for it me thinks, probably due to him signing so many players for so few positions. A self-inflicted problem.

I don't think Ferran and Txkiki will allow for this in the future so it will probably sort itself out once a few players leave us.

Rotation is a big part of the modern game especially if you want a top squad and to keep them all happy. Mancini got it spot on last year imo.

WNRH said:
Matt the Giant said:
WNRH said:

Rotation is a big part of the modern game especially if you want a top squad and to keep them all happy. Mancini got it spot on last year imo.
Absolutely agree. I think to suggest we shall move away from rotation is foolish. Utd played 18 players over Xmas, it never harms Ferguson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.