Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Raggi01 said:
Sorry, I'm from the UAE so my english is not the best :(. Im saying that Dzeko's starting record is actually superior to Agueros, backed up by the fact that Dzeko has scored 4 goals in 2 games, a tally which took Aguero a little under 2 months to get (score 4 goals) in all competitions where as Dzeko's is only in the EPL.
No worries. We have a lot of foreign fans on here now and the level of English is very impressive and shows how lazy the British are (me included) when it comes to foreign languages.

Dzeko's starting record during his time at City is the worst of our four strikers. I worked out the averages at the end of October and since the start of last season he averaged a goal every 165 minutes in all competitions when starting. He's now scored four in seven starts in the Premier League but before the past two games it was only one in five starts versus Aguero's six in twelve, so Mancini was merited in leaving Dzeko out before these two games. If he wants to leave him out now, you might be right to criticise him, but Dzeko still has a long way to go before he should start automatically.

Skashion said:
Raggi01 said:
Sorry, I'm from the UAE so my english is not the best :(. Im saying that Dzeko's starting record is actually superior to Agueros, backed up by the fact that Dzeko has scored 4 goals in 2 games, a tally which took Aguero a little under 2 months to get (score 4 goals) in all competitions where as Dzeko's is only in the EPL.
No worries. We have a lot of foreign fans on here now and the level of English is very impressive and shows how lazy the British are (me included) when it comes to foreign languages.

Dzeko's starting record during his time at City is the worst of our four strikers. I worked out the averages at the end of October and since the start of last season he averaged a goal every 165 minutes in all competitions when starting. He's now scored four in seven starts in the Premier League but before the past two games it was only one in five starts versus Aguero's six in twelve, so Mancini was merited in leaving Dzeko out before these two games. If he wants to leave him out now, you might be right to criticise him, but Dzeko still has a long way to go before he should start automatically.
Thanks :). I never knew dzekos starts were that bad. Currently though he does look the sharpest of our strikers

Raggi01 said:
Thanks :). I never knew dzekos starts were that bad. Currently though he does look the sharpest of our strikers
I think it's simply the case that our natural style of play is better suited to Tevez and Aguero than Dzeko and Balotelli. If we brought in maybe two or three players (one/two wingers, and a deep-lying playmaker), I think we'd have two completely different set-ups that would suit all four. As it stands I think one style of play dominates too much even when we have got our best wingbacks fit.

Mancini usually rotates.

Leg Braker*

dxHuQ.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PYbvY2ZZrnE

* Dribbling or move in which Dzeko charge on four opposition defenders, two directly one of them captain, and in the process both of them find themselves on the ground & confused, and at least one of them, probably the captain, with his leg broken, while Dzeko scores. - Official Football Dictionary

santasa said:
Leg Braker*

dxHuQ.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PYbvY2ZZrnE

* Dribbling or move in which Dzeko charge on four opposition defenders, two directly one of them captain, and in the process both of them find themselves on the ground & confused, and at least one of them, probably the captain, with his leg broken, while Dzeko scores. - Official Football Dictionary

That's a brilliant goal.

Skashion said:
EaglesFan said:
I was saying this LAST YEAR (beginning of last season, while Tevez was on a golfing trip) - and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

They are both young (if you're thinking future), and they are DIFFERENT. You need variety on your team. Dzeko does so many different things for you OTHER THAN DRIBBLING (which is what a lot of people here are obsessed with)...and has a nose for goals. If he is played consistently he would be a really great forward for this team.

The problem is - FIRST GAME HE DOESNT SCORE people on here will be on his back :-) He is the only striker in EPL who HAS TO score every game in order to be considered "starting caliber"...ridiculous really :-)
His problem is his poor record when starting. The team is rarely set up for Dzeko when starting so he isn't anywhere near as effective starting as he is off the bench. We can set up for Dzeko but it's a half-way house, especially without Micah Richards, and even more so if we're playing Clichy instead of Kolarov. If we had true wingers plus a deep-lying playmaker we'd see a much better starting record.

Dzeko has the BEST goals per start in league this year. Surprised?

Dzeko 4 goals in 7 starts: .571
Aguero 7 goals in 14 starts: .500
Tevez 7 goals in 15 starts: .466
Balotelli 1 goal in 7 starts: .142

Let's put that inaccurate argument to bed for good please.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Skashion said:
EaglesFan said:
I was saying this LAST YEAR (beginning of last season, while Tevez was on a golfing trip) - and I think Roberto is coming to realize it - our best striking partnership from current forwards is Dzeko and Aguero.

They are both young (if you're thinking future), and they are DIFFERENT. You need variety on your team. Dzeko does so many different things for you OTHER THAN DRIBBLING (which is what a lot of people here are obsessed with)...and has a nose for goals. If he is played consistently he would be a really great forward for this team.

The problem is - FIRST GAME HE DOESNT SCORE people on here will be on his back :-) He is the only striker in EPL who HAS TO score every game in order to be considered "starting caliber"...ridiculous really :-)
His problem is his poor record when starting. The team is rarely set up for Dzeko when starting so he isn't anywhere near as effective starting as he is off the bench. We can set up for Dzeko but it's a half-way house, especially without Micah Richards, and even more so if we're playing Clichy instead of Kolarov. If we had true wingers plus a deep-lying playmaker we'd see a much better starting record.

What are their records from the bench?

Or better yet, throughout their city career's

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Skashion said:

What are their records from the bench?

Or better yet, throughout their city career's

I know you have Internet access, go check it out and report back. It's your turn. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.