Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

He's one of the most inconsistent players I've ever watched on a regular basis, and it's not just as simple as he's great one week then poor the next, he's inconsistent one minute to another.

At one point he'll bring down a 60 yard pass on his chest and lay it off with his next touch no problem, next minute someone plays a simple 10 yard ball to him and it bounces 4 yards off him. He can finish brilliantly like at Fulham away, but miss sitters like the one today.

He's an enigma but unfortunately inconsistency isn't what we need. Tevez and Aguero would be my first choice of strikers and if Dzeko isn't happy with a back-up role and wants to leave then all the best to him but I can't see him holding down a starting place.

kenzie115 said:
He's one of the most inconsistent players I've ever watched on a regular basis, and it's not just as simple as he's great one week then poor the next, he's inconsistent one minute to another.

At one point he'll bring down a 60 yard pass on his chest and lay it off with his next touch no problem, next minute someone plays a simple 10 yard ball to him and it bounces 4 yards off him. He can finish brilliantly like at Fulham away, but miss sitters like the one today.

He's an enigma but unfortunately inconsistency isn't what we need. Tevez and Aguero would be my first choice of strikers and if Dzeko isn't happy with a back-up role and wants to leave then all the best to him but I can't see him holding down a starting place.

Go on Edin!

that miss at the end was embarrassing.

i really don't like his laid back attitude and body language - he gets away with it when he scores in a game, but without a goal he often ends up contributing nothing. his hold up play was non existent today too, unlike in the Arsenal game.

frustrating

What does drive me bloody mad is when he gets muscled off the ball so easily. For his size he has to be either stronger or more aggressive for me.

kenzie115 said:

The Middle of that sounds like a Poem, Dzeko is a very important player for us and offers sumting differnt than Tevez and Aguero, Stupid to sell him Imo

I don't really see what is that different about him tbh? bar the fact he is taller so has an advantage to win headers.

If he was a big battering ram of a player who was technically gifted as well eg Drogba or Cavani, I would agree but he gets bullied quite a bit and goes missing far too much in games where we are not playing fantastic football.

I wouldn't sell him as he is a good goal scorer and a seemingly nice guy but if an offer comes in and we had sold Balotelli as well I wouldn't be against spending it on Cavani or someone like that.

Showed decent link up play today which was good but his finishing was terrible, he seems to either not have any first touch or link up play and score or have a nice first touch and passing as well as decent link up play and not score!

this guy drives me fuckin mad, as someone else said hes inconsistant by the minute but i found myself getting frustrated with tevez aswell today for the first time.
i really dont think edin will want to stay as 3rd or 4th striker so i say let him leave.
love the guy though!

Decent game again today without getting a goal,very few crosses or chances created with a very defensive line up.Thought Milner was very average today which didnt help the strikers.Best striker of his type in the PL.

uwe282828 said:
Decent game again today without getting a goal,very few crosses or chances created with a very defensive line up.

Dzeko had 7 shots today including one from 2 yards out, I don't think he can complain about chance creation. Just a poor outing really. He won 38% of his aerials which is weak for such a big guy, as people have said too easily bullied, maybe the club should get him on a program to strengthen himself?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.