Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

A perfect opportunity to shine today but he didn't take it

He really doesnt do himself justice for such a big lad,very weak physically and not particularly dominant in the air.He held the ball up well on occasion but generally he was poor,his movement is shocking and he doesnt give defenders a hard enough time.

He seems a good lad but i cant help thinking we can do better for a fraction of his wages.

Cut him and Mario loose and buy the likes of Suarez,Cavani or Falcao.

Don't understand why your all having a go at Dzeko when Tevez was totally inept today.
We scored as a result of Dzeko's snap shot and with a bit of luck he could have had a bag full. I'll admit the miss at the end was embarrassing - but hey at least he got into space to have a go.

LoveCity said:
uwe282828 said:
Decent game again today without getting a goal,very few crosses or chances created with a very defensive line up.

Dzeko had 7 shots today including one from 2 yards out, I don't think he can complain about chance creation. Just a poor outing really. He won 38% of his aerials which is weak for such a big guy, as people have said too easily bullied, maybe the club should get him on a program to strengthen himself?

He was up against Hangeland today. To describe him as a man-mountain would be sugar coating it.

He played okay today. Obviously, his aims were a little off. But they say that if a striker is actually getting the chances, then you shouldn't be too worried. I like how confident he's looking at the moment, shooting from good range, connecting well and with both feet. Although, the less said about that chance at the end, the better. :L

I forgot to point out as well that after he got bullied off the ball by Steve fucking Sidwell was when I thought he should of been brought off!!

He has all the physical attributes to be a really good strong player but never uses them, the weakest 6ft+ player I've seen since Emile Heskey and to be honest I'd rather have Berbatov over Dzeko the guy was Fulham's best player along side Ruiz today, he has always been like that Berba I know we called him Berbaflop at ManUre but he's the type of player that can ha
ved no shot's at goal (like today) yet still contributed more to his team then Dzeko did for us today even though the lad had about 5 or 6 shots at goal (granted 1 led to Silvas first goal).

I agree with the consistency quote as well, Dzeko either play's well or really shit and you can only say he plays well when he scores where as Tevez (like today) can contribute nothing in front of goal yet still have a good game.

BlueAnorak said:
Don't understand why your all having a go at Dzeko when Tevez was totally inept today.
We scored as a result of Dzeko's snap shot and with a bit of luck he could have had a bag full. I'll admit the miss at the end was embarrassing - but hey at least he got into space to have a go.

"Tevez inept" you watched a different game than I did! I thought he harried the opposition and won balls that no other player had tried to win.....

There were others who made an effort also but Tevez was fine for me

Dzeko and his head down attitude and woeful finishing was the worry I think

Bluemanc100 said:
BlueAnorak said:

"Tevez inept" you watched a different game than I did! I thought he harried the opposition and won balls that no other player had tried to win.....

can't argue with this.

Tevez worked his fucking bollocks off today! If anything, there's a man lacking confidence in front of goal, yet he was able to muscle away from Haangaland when Dzeko couldn't.

To be honest, I was glad Dzeko took a shot early on which led to Spanish Dave's first goal, but apart from that he was below average. As it's been said, it's games like today that he should grab by the throat but barring a couple of runs on the counter he was poor. I've been saying for ages that its bizarre how such a big man can be beaten off the ball so easily, and it showed again today.

His whole demeanor isn't exactly positive either, even when he has the entire South Stand singing his name...

de niro said:
Bluemanc100 said:
BlueAnorak said:

can't argue with this.

To both of you: A striker who can't strike isn't a particularly good striker. We looked much better after Aguero cam on to partner Dzeko. Much better.

AntiUnited said:
A dzeko does not score and the haters start coming out :). People forget he indirectly assisted silva for the first goal?. but overall he was no show but still did more then tevez though(but will be overlooked as per usual).

Think you'll find Tevez set up Silva's second goal and also created a fair few decent chances like Silva's chance straight after his 2nd goal!

Tevez contributed in 20 minutes what Dzeko couldn't manage to do in 90 I'm afraid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.