Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

for me he is a big game player and plays better when we are playing a top 4 team
or when we need a goal from the bench in the rest of the teams in the premier league

if he can just hit middle ground and score in a run of games then he should start for me with aguero but mancini never plays dzeko in a run of games

BlueAnorak said:
de niro said:
Bluemanc100 said:
"Tevez inept" you watched a different game than I did! I thought he harried the opposition and won balls that no other player had tried to win.....

There were others who made an effort also but Tevez was fine for me
Dzeko and his head down attitude and woeful finishing was the worry I think
can't argue with this.

To both of you: A striker who can't strike isn't a particularly good striker. We looked much better after Aguero cam on to partner Dzeko. Much better.

We looked no different, Kun should've been given a chance to partner Carlos.

when he first came to the club he said he would take time to settle, all he needs is a run and he'll show how good he really is top man top striker!!!

BlueAnorak said:
Your avin a larf. We were much more incisive.

No we weren't. Kun linked up well with Silva, just as Carlos had done prior to going off but who fucked up the chances we had? Dzeko. Those misses at the end were embarrassing. Kun fluffed a chance too but he's coming back from injury for Christ's sake.

Dzeko doesn't suit games where the other team don't turn up. He thrives under pressure and there was none today.

King Geedorah said:
Dzeko doesn't suit games where the other team don't turn up. He thrives under pressure and there was none today.

Certainly didn't thrive when Sidwell put him under pressure........ Unless thrive now means stop drop and roll?

Thought Edin did ok, expectations of him are lower than the others though.

Tevez was off it. Passing was right off, as it was for a few of them today. Didn't play well today...compared to his A game.

If Dzeko had played in any City team from about 1980-2010 he would be a million miles the best striker of that period. Unfortunately for him he's playing in a City team that have raised the bar beyond anything from that period and we are now truly playing at a different level in a different league. He comes across as a lovely lad and I want him to do well here but he's all far too often bullied off the ball. Imagine this City side with a natural goalscorer upfront playing alongside Aguero or Tevez. It's not knocking Dzeko but I just think for a team chasing the Premiership and Champions League he's just not consistently enough playing at that level.

Mancini's style of management has been to get rid of those players with a weaker side and bring in players who are winners and can put aside the need for an arm around the shoulder. This type of player recognises that they're here to do a job and be winners. Ok i'm sure behind the scenes Mancini gets on more closely with them but he's definetly not a guy with time for bleeding hearts I wonder if Dzeko suffers from Mancini's management style as its obvious Roberto isn't one to throw his arm around a players shoulder and I just wonder if thats what Edin requires more than others?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.