Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

The Fat el Hombre said:
Because there's more to it than simply scoring goals, particularly with our style and standard of football. 1 goal in a game does not justify consistently surrendering posession and booting it 20 yards over the bar

Explain "our style of football"? Is it tikka takka, direct football, attack down the flanks, counterattack, defensive, long balls or mix of all the above? Without his goals, we would be mid table along with Liverpool.

BluePurgatory said:
stefranceuk said:
He scores goals, thats his job!

He missed a sitter yesterday, which striker hasn't?

Was a belting shot that led to SIlva's 1st goal!

He also missed the penality last week. He misses more than he scores!
Every player that has ever played football miss more than they score..<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 am --<br /><br />
BluePurgatory said:
stefranceuk said:

Every player that has ever played football miss more than they score..

samharris said:
BluePurgatory said:
stefranceuk said:

-- Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 am --
I know Sam but he does frustrate me!

BluePurgatory said:
stefranceuk said:

BluePurgatory said:
samharris said:
BluePurgatory said:

BluePurgatory said:

He frustrates me too mate,but his goals kept us in the title race last year and are doing so this year...
And for me thats job done.

Blue Phil said:
They are protected beyond criticism because of what they have achieved at this club. Carlos Tevez has captained us to our first major trophy for 34 year. His goals also fired us to Champions League football when we were nowhere near the team we are today. He would often be the shining beacon in our team, when he got the ball, everyone in the stadium used to sit up in anticipation because they knew this is a guy who can score.

Aguero in one season, scored 30 goals. This is an amazing feat and when one of those goals was to literally win us the league then i think you can start to see why these two might be held in higher regard then Dzeko.

Not to mention that both of them are quicker, physically and mentally than Dzeko. They are both more clinical than Dzeko and retain possession better.

I actually do like Dzeko but his game is severely limited, in the last two games he has missed a penalty and an absolute sitter yesterday. It is frustrating because a Falcao/Neymar would bury these chances for us. To be fair his positioning is awesome, he is always in the right place but there is a 50/50 chance that someone in row Z is going to get a ball to the face.

1. Edin contribution to the first trophy, equalizer vs Notts C. that led us win it, right?
2. That goal would not win the league without Edins header couple minutes earlier?
3. More clinical? Both missed more sitters than him this season.
4. He was never good penalty shooter, and he will never be. God knows why he grabbed the ball instead of Tevez or Milner. Falcao or Neymar cost at least double more than him and IMO they should be brought as replacement for Carlos or Mario ( not Edin ) if we are after them.

Yesterday was another typical Edin game. Started off superbly with that great shot for the goal and was winning the ball and keeping possession well. But for the rest of the half the team in general put in a pretty lacklustre display and we couldn't get the ball off Fulham, so you can't blame him for that.

In the second half though, when we were in the game more, he was generally anonymous. There was one attacking move where the ball was worked down the flanks on the right and he should have been busting a gut to get in the box but was about 10 yards outside the area when he needed to be on or around the penalty spot. I really want to see him terrorise defences like he did to Spurs at WHL last season.

samharris said:
BluePurgatory said:
samharris said:

He frustrates me too mate,but his goals kept us in the title race last year and are doing so this year...
And for me thats job done.

yep me too

I like him, but im not a massive fan, he scores but his all round performances are terrible, he just doesnt fit into this system, and when he plays we have the idea of hoofing the ball 70 yards upfield.

JBG said:
The people you're quoting are a bunch of twats but you should argue with them on their forum, not bring it here just to stir up shit. I doubt anyone here thinks that way (shame on them if they do) and bringing nastiness from other forums here in order to build a strawman is unfair...
Does it or does it not explain some posters insecurities towards other posters?

AntiUnited said:
Seosa said:
pudge said:
I went to that BigSoccer thread on Dzeko to see if the posters there are still *****

Surprise, surprise...

And regarding Aguero's injury, when it happened;

And on Tevez and Aguero;

Obviously no one on here has gone to these lengths or posted such shite, but it explains some posters insecurities towards others.

All very Americanised language, too.

Which again brings up the question; what is the obsession for Dzeko from Yankie Soccer die-hards?

We relies hes not shit. I would rather have Dzeko that looks like a wobbling drunk be top scorer then 2 midgets running around and doing fuk all for 90 mins.

JBG said:
The people you're quoting are a bunch of twats but you should argue with them on their forum, not bring it here just to stir up shit. I doubt anyone here thinks that way (shame on them if they do) and bringing nastiness from other forums here in order to build a strawman is unfair...
To help you out, I quoted and bolded the post directly above yours. There are posters who would rather we lose every game as long as their favorite player scores, and they do nothing here other than try to tear down other players to big up their guy. Now that Balotelli appears on the way out, it's a race as to whether the next target is Aguero or Tevez although it seems that Silva might be a dark horse candidate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.