Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

hutton who blue said:
What a fantastic finish he produced in the game against Fulham. We're forgetting to smell the roses. He was wrestling a defender for the ball near the six yard box, was sidestepping backwards veering further away from the goal and creamed a beauty with the odds stacked against flush into the top corner. A beauty of a goal, you see so many from similar situations go high and wide, he cracked an absolute beauty. It should get a lot of credit.

Totally agree mate

Mancini has type for treating players like shit, for me its a real negative point of his.

Dzeko should be starting, Tevez alongside him.

Ageuro will get his chance but A. He's just come back from injury and B. Whilst we're not in our best form, Tevez works harder and is more likely to create a winning goal from nothing. I'd wager he's also more prolific, the amount of chances Aguero regularly misses is only hidden by the fact we created so many chances last season.

But Dzeko has proved his worth and deserves to start.

member222 said:
I was ridiculed early on when Dzeko was adapting to the premier league when I said he needed time to adjust. I also said he needs to be supported and shown love from us the fans. The rewards will come. He is the ultimate professional and hard worker and nice guy. We need to embrace such players, instead of taking swings at them whenever a chance is presented.

Now the other thing I said was that we need a balanced forward line. Aguero and dzeko are an IDEAL tandem. Aguero with the speed agility and finesse nd dzeko with the size unselfishness and headers. I don't like that Mancini hasn't given more time for them 2 to play together as I feel that they could develop into THE best striking duo in the world.

Just my thoughts. A fan from the united states, and what do we know about football, right? ;) cheers!

Okay, your point is not ENTIRELY true. Edin has already 'adapted' as his goal tally showed/ shows. Like I said, the BIGGEST change in Edin is not to rely on the manager to 'boost his confidence'.

It's like a light has come on for him. Mancini is not a 'cuddler' so he has to believe in his own ability and his plays for himself, his team mates and the fans.

I think it makes all the difference in his head.

Bigga said:
member222 said:
I was ridiculed early on when Dzeko was adapting to the premier league when I said he needed time to adjust. I also said he needs to be supported and shown love from us the fans. The rewards will come. He is the ultimate professional and hard worker and nice guy. We need to embrace such players, instead of taking swings at them whenever a chance is presented.

Now the other thing I said was that we need a balanced forward line. Aguero and dzeko are an IDEAL tandem. Aguero with the speed agility and finesse nd dzeko with the size unselfishness and headers. I don't like that Mancini hasn't given more time for them 2 to play together as I feel that they could develop into THE best striking duo in the world.

Just my thoughts. A fan from the united states, and what do we know about football, right? ;) cheers!

Okay, your point is not ENTIRELY true. Edin has already 'adapted' as his goal tally showed/ shows. Like I said, the BIGGEST change in Edin is not to rely on the manager to 'boost his confidence'.

It's like a light has come on for him. Mancini is not a 'cuddler' so he has to believe in his own ability and his plays for himself, his team mates and the fans.

I think it makes all the difference in his head.

True! But confidence is a real woman and it can be affected by many things. you have to realize that Dzeko obviously had a problem facing with the fact that he is not one of Mancini's favourite players. It's his weakness. He is a very emotional person and it took some time until he was able to deal with it.

I know how good he can play and believe me and if he gets a proper treatment, he will shine even more. You still haven't seen the best of him.

He could be new Drogba.

citymad said:
hutton who blue said:
What a fantastic finish he produced in the game against Fulham. We're forgetting to smell the roses. He was wrestling a defender for the ball near the six yard box, was sidestepping backwards veering further away from the goal and creamed a beauty with the odds stacked against flush into the top corner. A beauty of a goal, you see so many from similar situations go high and wide, he cracked an absolute beauty. It should get a lot of credit.

Totally agree mate

+1 , it was a world class finish .. Hope the big man starts tomorrow night

Dzeko out to be City's No. 1

fulhamvmanchestercityed.jpg

Edin Dzeko has told Roberto Mancini he wants to stay and fight to become Manchester City's top striker.

The Bosnian was tipped to leave the club in the summer, with Juventus, AC Milan and Bayern Munich reported suitors, but he stayed on and has scored four goals already this term - including the winner against Fulham with his first touch.

Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez have been Mancini's preferred starting pair, Dzeko knows a busy campaign at home and in Europe means his chance will come.

"There is myself and three fantastic strikers so obviously we can't all play at the same time so sometimes it can be difficult to find your rhythm," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"The more games you play, the more goals you are likely to score but with so many good strikers at the club, that's how it is going to be and as a player, you accept that and just try your best each time you play and that's what I do and will continue to do.

"Every time I see a paper - for what seems like for a year or more - there is a story saying that I am leaving City or that I want to go.

"But I've never said that so the stories don't come from me - I've always wanted to stay at City and fight for my place and my motto has always been: 'Never give up'.

"I hope the City fans, who have always been fantastic towards me, have seen I can score some important goals for the team and that's what I want to carry on doing."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8132788/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8132788/</a>

Good on you Edin. You go, brother!

Comrade Buka said:
Dzeko out to be City's No. 1

fulhamvmanchestercityed.jpg

Edin Dzeko has told Roberto Mancini he wants to stay and fight to become Manchester City's top striker.

The Bosnian was tipped to leave the club in the summer, with Juventus, AC Milan and Bayern Munich reported suitors, but he stayed on and has scored four goals already this term - including the winner against Fulham with his first touch.

Sergio Aguero and Carlos Tevez have been Mancini's preferred starting pair, Dzeko knows a busy campaign at home and in Europe means his chance will come.

"There is myself and three fantastic strikers so obviously we can't all play at the same time so sometimes it can be difficult to find your rhythm," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"The more games you play, the more goals you are likely to score but with so many good strikers at the club, that's how it is going to be and as a player, you accept that and just try your best each time you play and that's what I do and will continue to do.

"Every time I see a paper - for what seems like for a year or more - there is a story saying that I am leaving City or that I want to go.

"But I've never said that so the stories don't come from me - I've always wanted to stay at City and fight for my place and my motto has always been: 'Never give up'.

"I hope the City fans, who have always been fantastic towards me, have seen I can score some important goals for the team and that's what I want to carry on doing."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8132788/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8132788/</a>

Good on you Edin. You go, brother!

Just wanted to post the same thing...he is not yet a city legend but has all the markings of a legend in the making...

Fair play to Dzeko as of late, fingers crossed this immense form continues!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.