Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko

Edin has been overlooked so many times but as pointed out in here, he has come up with the goods when it was most important, thats the sign off Quality. I would be sick if he had left.

AzRim said:
kanovic said:
levets said:
He really is the most likeable footballer around. I include other fans in this as well

Genuine nice fella, very compassionate and never turned his back on his homeland. Unlike Ibrahimovic.

I fully understand why he is such an hero to Bosnians; so proud he plays for Manchester City

Ibra was born in Sweden and from my understanding he wanted to play for Bosnia but he was just starting out and our retarded FA said they didn't need/want him so he went to Sweden

I think that's bull. I read Ibra's book and he never mentions even trying to play for Bosnia, just naturally choosing his home country.

Which is absolutely fine. I don't get the animosity the Bosnians feel towards Ibra, he was born in Sweden, and he lived and played all his football in Sweden right up to the point he chose to play international football for Sweden whilst still at Malmo FF. He's Swedish. He's not Bosnian, he just happens to have a father who is Bosnian, but who hasn't lived there since he emigrated to Sweden 37 years ago!

I have defended Edin on several occasions over the years but take full responsibility in allowing my frustration with him get the better of me. On a match thread towards the end of the season I simply typed 'what is Dzeko ' within seconds he scored and went to be our match winner and playing blinders until the end of the season. he must have heard me!

I am really pleased he is looking to stay with us,he will be as frustrating as ever and this thread will go into meltdown again but he will always come up with the goals as he has done before

Puppet Master Silva said:
Proper love Edin again, despite the fact he's diving round and being a bit of a c**t. He's back in my good books.

Edinburgh played well first half with Stefan.....more if the same 2nd half....put the bin dippers in their place!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4994984/dzeko-agrees-new-manchester-city-contract?CMPID=TWUK_140731_DzekoAgreesManCityDeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... anCityDeal</a>

150k a week seems a fair deal for both sides......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4994984/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /4994984/-</a>

Dzeko agrees new Manchester City contract

The striker has just one year remaining on his current deal and has accepted an extension, that will run until 2018, which does not increase his £150,000-a-week wage
By Paul Clennam

Edin Dzeko has agreed a new four-year Manchester City contract, Goal understands.

As reported by Goal in April, the Premier League champions planned to open negotiations after the striker impressed Manuel Pellegrini following injuries to Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo.

Goal understands Dzeko has not been offered an improvement on his current £150,000-a-week terms but has agreed to the deal, which now runs until 2018, with an announcement expected before the new season starts.

Dzeko had initially appeared to be on his way out of the club while Roberto Mancini was in charge after starting just 16 Premier League games during the 2012-13 campaign.

The likes of Inter had made him their No.1 transfer target while Borussia Dortmund were assessing his availability before signing Ciro Immobile in June.

However, Dzeko thrived with increased responsibility under Pellegrini, starting 23 leagues games - seven more than the 16 afforded to him by Roberto Mancini the previous term - and notching 26 goals in all competitions.

"I can only say that I am very happy at City and at the moment we are talking about the new contract," Dzeko said earlier this week. "We will see what happens but the main thing is that I'm happy at City.

"We talked about that at the beginning of last season - it's very important you feel the confidence that a manager has in you and last season was proof of everything I said."

Dzeko will become the third first-team player to be offered new terms during the summer, with Alexsandar Kolarov and Samir Nasri penning extensions in June and July respectively.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
150k a week seems a fair deal for both sides......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4994984/-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... /4994984/-</a>

Dzeko agrees new Manchester City contract

The striker has just one year remaining on his current deal and has accepted an extension, that will run until 2018, which does not increase his £150,000-a-week wage
By Paul Clennam

Edin Dzeko has agreed a new four-year Manchester City contract, Goal understands.

As reported by Goal in April, the Premier League champions planned to open negotiations after the striker impressed Manuel Pellegrini following injuries to Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo.

Goal understands Dzeko has not been offered an improvement on his current £150,000-a-week terms but has agreed to the deal, which now runs until 2018, with an announcement expected before the new season starts.

Dzeko had initially appeared to be on his way out of the club while Roberto Mancini was in charge after starting just 16 Premier League games during the 2012-13 campaign.

The likes of Inter had made him their No.1 transfer target while Borussia Dortmund were assessing his availability before signing Ciro Immobile in June.

However, Dzeko thrived with increased responsibility under Pellegrini, starting 23 leagues games - seven more than the 16 afforded to him by Roberto Mancini the previous term - and notching 26 goals in all competitions.

"I can only say that I am very happy at City and at the moment we are talking about the new contract," Dzeko said earlier this week. "We will see what happens but the main thing is that I'm happy at City.

"We talked about that at the beginning of last season - it's very important you feel the confidence that a manager has in you and last season was proof of everything I said."

Dzeko will become the third first-team player to be offered new terms during the summer, with Alexsandar Kolarov and Samir Nasri penning extensions in June and July respectively.
Excellent news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.