Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko

That will be great news as last season he was brilliant, he doesn't take penalties or free kicks, rarely gets injured he just scores goals. His record with us -

League - 64 starts and 46 goals

Cup - 35 starts and 20 goals

Post war he is in my top five strikers with Aguerro, Young, Summerbee and Lee.

Off the pitch a really nice guy.

kismet said:
That will be great news as last season he was brilliant, he doesn't take penalties or free kicks, rarely gets injured he just scores goals. His record with us -

brilliant stats for someone who has not been the first choice for the most part

I didn't know his record was quite as good as that, although I'm sure it's skewed by his sub appearances. Regardless, he's a 1 in 2 striker and they are the top of the tree.

Didsbury Dave said:
I didn't know his record was quite as good as that, although I'm sure it's skewed by his sub appearances. Regardless, he's a 1 in 2 striker and they are the top of the tree.
I would guess he's in the top 10 most consistent scorers in the world (joined by Sergio!)

Picking a second striker out of him and Jovetic (plus maybe Negredo) is going to be a very hard proposition.

Didsbury Dave said:

He sure did score lots of goals as a sub in the first two seasons... Last season out of the 26 goals, he only scored 2 as a sub. One thing is certain he will score them regardless..

adorado30 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

He sure did score lots of goals as a sub in the first two seasons... Last season out of the 26 goals, he only scored 2 as a sub. One thing is certain he will score them regardless..
There's still posters that will call him.tell me one player who doent have a bad game/touch or misses the net.yet them figures speak for themselves.

kismet said:

If you're gonna limit the appearances to starts then you can't really count goals off the bench, like you've done.

In total it's 157 appearances 66 goals and 35 assists, according to this. Boo Edin, boo..

Didsbury Dave said:

Agree DD, I knew he had a good scoring record, but not that good.

Don't understand how people can count goals from Edin's substitute appearances whilst only including his starts to a statistic. Just stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.