Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko

BlueTG said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Chelsea have spent about £30M on a Dzeko "wannabee".
They've spent £30m on an apparent goal manchine, who has had two good seasons in his career.
Even if he scores a few less. I bet he is a better all round player then Dzeko. I can't think of anyone who Dzeko has a better touch then (help me out) I believe Dzeko is lucky he has City. I belive most strikers would score in this team.

Damien10 said:
BlueTG said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
They've spent £30m on an apparent goal manchine, who has had two good seasons in his career.
Even if he scores a few less. I bet he will give the ball away less then Dzeko. I can't thinking anyone who Dzeko has a better touch then (help me out) I believe Dzeko is lucky he has City. I belive most strikers would score in this team.

For all Dzeko's faults, I think he was key to us winning the league last season. He stepped up when it mattered.

Ric said:
Damien10 said:
BlueTG said:
Even if he scores a few less. I bet he will give the ball away less then Dzeko. I can't thinking anyone who Dzeko has a better touch then (help me out) I believe Dzeko is lucky he has City. I belive most strikers would score in this team.

For all Dzeko's faults, I think he was key to us winning the league last season. He stepped up when it mattered.
I don't deny his goals was key. However I do believe his overall play makes City less dangerous most games.

For much of last season Edin Dzeko was City's third choice striker behind Kun and the beast.

This is a list of the third choice strikers from a few other teams:

United - Danny Wellbeck
Spurs - Harry Kane
Arsenal - Nicholas Bendtner
Liverpool - only had two forwards
Chelsea - Demba Ba

Edin's goals played a major part in City winning the title again. I find it absolutely astonishing that he get's criticism on this forum.

Damien10 said:
Ric said:
Damien10 said:

I don't deny his goals was key. However I do believe his overall play makes City less dangerous most games.

Fair point but, given the FFP restrictions, who would you replace him with?

Ric said:
Damien10 said:
Ric said:

Fair point but, given the FFP restrictions, who would you replace him with?
Nobody. City did the right thing giving him a new deal. This will allow them to sell him for a better fee come next summer. Angel Correa should of been purchased and loaned out. He was a steel at 6 mill. Atletico are very smart.

andrewmswift said:
jesus people are slating edin already? this is a new bluemoon low
How many years should he be given to learn to control a ball?

However...
He isn't a bad 3rd 4th choice striker (for me he should be 4th) good luck to him in the new season. I am actually more concerned about the 4th choice centre midfielder.

Damien10 said:
andrewmswift said:
jesus people are slating edin already? this is a new bluemoon low
How many years should he be given to learn to control a ball?

However...
He isn't a bad 3rd 4th choice striker (for me he should be 4th) good luck to him in the new season. I am actually more concerned about the 4th choice centre midfielder.
Yeah bag of shit, we need to sign Suarez, Ronaldo and Messi to play 2nd, 3rd and 4th fiddle behind Aguero to win the league.

Damien10 said:
BlueTG said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Even if he scores a few less. I bet he is a better all round player then Dzeko. I can't think of anyone who Dzeko has a better touch then (help me out) I believe Dzeko is lucky he has City. I belive most strikers would score in this team.
Also, Dzeko is not lucky. He worked hard for his move here with some of the best form in Europe. His record is good here, and I have slated him numerous times but I've accepted sometimes I was frustrated, and also he has improved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.