Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko

It's pre-season and the players are only just getting up to full fitness and match sharpness. This week they will take that final step and be ready for next weekend. There is no point peaking for pre-season. Jovetic has been amazing so far because he has had a full pre-seasons training and match practice. Dzeko went to the World Cup and has been eased in over the last couple of weeks. As long as he is ready for the start of the season then it is all good. Arsenal always seem to have a good first half of the season and then fall away. If we can start better than last season, our experience and quality will carry us over the line again. We have a tough start and we need our key players back and fit. I don't feel it will take long for Fernandinho, Kompany, Zabaleta, Sagna, Demichelis and Aguero to come in and get straight up to full fitness and sharpness.

George Hannah said:
Chambers is supposed to be quick and Edin had him on toast in a rare leg stretch yesterday , surprising pace for a big man when he wants.

... and thats the main problem I have against the lad GH. Consistency aint in his vocabulary,but he knows where the onion bag is.Just wish he`d try and break a gut when balls wizz across the penalty area.

Dzeko was pretty poor yesterday but, to be fair, who wasn't?! That one run where he skinned Chambers was as excellent as it was mystifying, quite where Dzeko found that turn of speed I'll never know, he's not exactly renowned for his pace! That aside he didn't really contribute much, but the supply was poor so he can't be totally held to blame. At least he got one of his "off games" out of the way in a meaningless friendly.

Matty said:
Dzeko was pretty poor yesterday but, to be fair, who wasn't?! That one run where he skinned Chambers was as excellent as it was mystifying, quite where Dzeko found that turn of speed I'll never know, he's not exactly renowned for his pace! That aside he didn't really contribute much, but the supply was poor so he can't be totally held to blame. At least he got one of his "off games" out of the way in a meaningless friendly.

His pace yesterday was similar to the goal he had a hand in against the Gooners at their place in the quarter finals of the League Cup,a couple of years ago,when we broke away from a corner of theirs.
Always remember it well,as he`s still sitting on his arse,in Citys half,when Sergio scores some 15 seconds later !!

oakiecokie said:
Matty said:

His pace yesterday was similar to the goal he had a hand in against the Gooners at their place in the quarter finals of the League Cup,a couple of years ago,when we broke away from a corner of theirs.
Always remember it well,as he`s still sitting on his arse,in Citys half,when Sergio scores some 15 seconds later !!

Also a carbon copy of his goal away at QPR couple of years ago where he did the CB on the sideline and then cut in and scored at the front post

chris85mcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
Matty said:

Also a carbon copy of his goal away at QPR couple of years ago where he did the CB on the sideline and then cut in and scored at the front post

I`d forgotten about that one.

oakiecokie said:
Matty said:

I'm sure that whole breakaway was about 10 seconds at most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.