Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

CityCTID said:
Does he understand the offside rules?

Not good enough, billion offside, he should of scored!!!
No excuses, he asked for a start and did nothing again...... Bayern, Villarreal, Napoli, Dortmund?? not giving a chance?

Don't expect him to start, impact only...
It was more like two

Anyone blaming Dzeko for the last night's performance either just does not have a clue about the game, or he simply does not like Dzeko and want be satisfied with him unless he scores every game he plays.

He was not outstanding, but was for sure one of best 3 city players last night, together with Clichy and Milner, who should not have been subbed.

But anyhow, I would not blame a single player, but rather our manager. We were simply outplayed by youngsters, like against Dortmund, like against Napoli away last year. Roberto should learn from Mr. Klopp and Mr. de Boer.

kara54 said:
Anyone blaming Dzeko for the last night's performance either just does not have a clue about the game, or he simply does not like Dzeko and want be satisfied with him unless he scores every game he plays.

He was not outstanding, but was for sure one of best 3 city players last night, together with Clichy and Milner, who should not have been subbed.

But anyhow, I would not blame a single player, but rather our manager. We were simply outplayed by youngsters, like against Dortmund, like against Napoli away last year. Roberto should learn from Mr. Klopp and Mr. de Boer.

No, you do not have a clue about the game. No one is saying it was all Dzeko's fault last night, or that he stood out for being terrible. It is about the chemistry of the team. When he starts, we don't play as well as a team, he doesn't fit in to our style of play. Other players - notably Aguero and Tevez fit better in to the style of football we play, and link better with the players we have.

Dzeko's goal scoring record off the bench has been fantastic, but he's been here for 2 years and it a rarity that when he starts the team plays well. Before someone throws the Spurs away last season at me, name me 5 other games in the last 2 years where he's started and we've been brilliant as a team?

I like him, he's a nice guy, but stick to Supersub for the sake of the team.

He_aint_Klotz said:
CityCTID said:

No excuses, he asked for a start and did nothing again...... Bayern, Villarreal, Napoli, Dortmund?? not giving a chance?

Name me one striker that scores every game. If he would be missing for City what Higuain and Bezema keep missing for Real he would be expelled from the club long ago. And with that service he had last night, even Messi wouldn´t score. And idk what is so wierd for player of his profile to get caught offside couple of times, he´s there on the line to wait the moment and run into the ball. Anyways, whole team and tactics were disaster last night, pumping in strikers in to play could never bring a result.

Silly me, of course he can do no wrong, ever.... he takes credits whenever he score and play because. mmm he's that good but when struggled, had a bad game and misses chances....well, there's northing much he could do......
The whole team was terrible
He cannot score in every game and win us every match
Strikers missing chances all the time, he's no different
He get caught offside a couple of times..So what
The midfield was very, so bad and he had no service
Mancini is at fault, tactics were disaster

Go on...next excuse No. 2112

He_aint_Klotz said:
CityCTID said:

Name me one striker that scores every game. If he would be missing for City what Higuain and Bezema keep missing for Real he would be expelled from the club long ago. And with that service he had last night, even Messi wouldn´t score. And idk what is so wierd for player of his profile to get caught offside couple of times, he´s there on the line to wait the moment and run into the ball. Anyways, whole team and tactics were disaster last night, pumping in strikers in to play could never bring a result.

Why even bother responding to a idiot of the highest order. He was nowhere to be found last few days, but of course he crawled out of his hole the second the team lost to share his usual shit towards Dzeko!

i understand tevez was tired but from now on, and next year, tevez and aguero have to start every champions league game, you need to lively players running around, creating space for nasri, silva, yaya to exploit, dzeko doesnt get involved in the game enough.

CityCTID said:
He_aint_Klotz said:
CityCTID said:

Silly me, of course he can do no wrong, ever.... he takes whenever he score and play well.he's that good but when struggled, had a bad game and misses chances....well, there's northing much he could do......
The whole team was terrible
He cannot score in every game and win us every match
Strikers missing chances all the time, he's no different
He get caught offside a couple of times..So what
The midfield was very, so bad and he had no service
Mancini is at fault, tactics were disaster

Go on...next excuse No. 2112

He was not better or worse than the rest last night, so what is your point ?
Last night we were outcoached and outplayed on every position and yet you come with your usual shit.

CityCTID said:

It's about opinions... and in my opinion, you are a complete berk.

Shaelumstash said:
kara54 said:

No, you do not have a clue about the game. No one is saying it was all Dzeko's fault last night, or that he stood out for being terrible. It is about the chemistry of the team. When he starts, we don't play as well as a team, he doesn't fit in to our style of play. Other players - notably Aguero and Tevez fit better in to the style of football we play, and link better with the players we have.

Dzeko's goal scoring record off the bench has been fantastic, but he's been here for 2 years and it a rarity that when he starts the team plays well. Before someone throws the Spurs away last season at me, name me 5 other games in the last 2 years where he's started and we've been brilliant as a team?

I like him, he's a nice guy, but stick to Supersub for the sake of the team.

No, Kara has the right of it. Some of you seriously need help understanding this game. It's embarassing reading BM today, absolutely embarassing. It's a basic failure of logic to try to equate a correlation to a causality, and that's happening up and down in this thread.

Dzeko was one of the few players who played well last night. Your argument seems to be that Aguero + Tevez (a partnership that has failed miserably for Argentina, mind you) would have somehow made Barry and Yaya faster and able to retain possession in midfield. Maybe Tevez would have forced Barry and Nasri to track their runner? Or for Lescott or Yaya to play the ball on the corner? It's complete nonsense. We could barely get the ball out of our own half yesterday, yet you want to focus on the striker chemistry? In fact, if it weren't for some excellent hold up play from Edin, we would have had even less possession than we had.

Dzeko was offside a few times yesterday, one was a bad call. When you ask a striker to lead the line, that's going to happen, a good striker lives on that balance. He also had our only credible chances in the 2nd half, aside from the Nasri flub, and trying to go around the keeper on his 2nd one was the right play, it just didn't come off. The first chance was a first time smash that the keeper made the save on, there was no other option there.

I'm not Bosnian, I could give two shits about the player's heritage, but it's astounding coming onto BM after that shitshow of a performance yesterday to see people slating one of the few players who put in a real shift and did his job. Our problems weren't due to which strikers we chose yesterday, we could have played any striker in the history of football yesterday and it wouldn't have mattered. Hell, Aguero was barely able to get into the game yesterday because we were so dominated in midfield that we couldn't play balls into feet and he's not large enough to win any of the aerial battles. If we hadn't played Dzeko yesterday we would have been moaning about how much of a mistake it was not to play a big guy and make our small players chase long balls when we clearly had no other way through.

Absolutely first class post Teddykgb............i agree with every word.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.