Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Roll On City said:
Whoever scout him for 27m should be arrested, wonder why we couldn't offload him even for 20m...

-- Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 pm --

Whoever scout him for 27m should be arrested, wonder why we couldn't offload him even for 20m...
Maybe because we didn't try to, thank god.

Shaelumstash said:
No, you do not have a clue about the game. No one is saying it was all Dzeko's fault last night, or that he stood out for being terrible. It is about the chemistry of the team. When he starts, we don't play as well as a team, he doesn't fit in to our style of play. Other players - notably Aguero and Tevez fit better in to the style of football we play, and link better with the players we have.

Dzeko's goal scoring record off the bench has been fantastic, but he's been here for 2 years and it a rarity that when he starts the team plays well. Before someone throws the Spurs away last season at me, name me 5 other games in the last 2 years where he's started and we've been brilliant as a team?

I like him, he's a nice guy, but stick to Supersub for the sake of the team.

This is mind-boggling, humongously ridiculous claim !

If nothing else, tell me what exactly Tevez-Aguero did good this season so far ???

What do you think Tevez-Aguer could do vs. Ajax, considering horrible midfield and even worst
defence in Amsterdam ?

Since you, unlike some other posters, have a clue about the game, please tell me what exactly these two did in the season so far, and what would happened with City without unfitting Edin (minus 10 points from Edin performance) ???

And, as you claim when he starts we rarely play good, how is then possible that almost every game he has to be brought in to rescue that "well composed" and "well performed" team in the first place ?!

Dear, dear...

Roll On City said:

Your wish could soon come through - he could go to Chelsea in a deal where Chelsea will handover Falcao to City only if Mancini allow Chelsea to acquire Dzeko !
Hm, what about that ?
In my humble opinion, that deal if goes through will surely mean that Chelsea will take a title and City... well who knows... maybe Falcao start finding the net with hat-trick in every game and defend title for City all by himself... or becomes Santa Cruz or Torres of Chelsea kind ....

santasa said:
Roll On City said:

Your wish could soon come through - he could go to Chelsea in a deal where Chelsea will handover Falcao to City only if Mancini allow Chelsea to acquire Dzeko !
Hm, what about that ?
In my humble opinion, that deal if goes through will surely mean that Chelsea will take a title and City... well who knows... maybe Falcao start finding the net with hat-trick in every game and defend title for City all by himself... or becomes Santa Cruz or Torres of Chelsea kind ....
I think this forum is better for you <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/edin-d%C5%BEeko-the-diamond.1799429/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/thre ... d.1799429/</a>
And comparing Falcao with santa cruz and Torres good god.

santasa said:
Shaelumstash said:
No, you do not have a clue about the game. No one is saying it was all Dzeko's fault last night, or that he stood out for being terrible. It is about the chemistry of the team. When he starts, we don't play as well as a team, he doesn't fit in to our style of play. Other players - notably Aguero and Tevez fit better in to the style of football we play, and link better with the players we have.

Dzeko's goal scoring record off the bench has been fantastic, but he's been here for 2 years and it a rarity that when he starts the team plays well. Before someone throws the Spurs away last season at me, name me 5 other games in the last 2 years where he's started and we've been brilliant as a team?

If nothing else, tell me what exactly Tevez-Aguero did good this season so far ???

What do you think Tevez-Aguer could do vs. Ajax, considering horrible midfield and even worst
defence in Amsterdam ?

Since you, unlike some other posters, have a clue about the game, please tell me what exactly these two did in the season so far, and what would happened with City without unfitting Edin (minus 10 points from Edin performance) ???

And, as you claim when he starts we rarely play good, how is then possible that almost every game he has to be brought in to rescue that "well composed" and "well performed" team in the first place ?!

Dear, dear...

How is it a ridiculous claim? Every City fan I know rates Tevez and Aguero as our best front two, even the ones who love Dzeko.

For the record, I rate Dzeko, I thought against West Brom he was absolutely unstoppable. I just think our intricate style of play is better suited to Tev and Kun, that is nothing against Dzeko

Shaelumstash said:
santasa said:
Shaelumstash said:

defence in Amsterdam ?

Dear, dear...

How is it a ridiculous claim? Every City fan I know rates Tevez and Aguero as our best front two, even the ones who love Dzeko.

For the record, I rate Dzeko, I thought against West Brom he was absolutely unstoppable. I just think our intricate style of play is better suited to Tev and Kun, that is nothing against Dzeko
And if I recall correctly, hasn't he scored 5 of his 6 coming on as a late sub? Off the top of my head our two worst team performances this season, and possibly the whole of Mancini's reign were last night and Dortmund at home. Both games Dzeko started. I'm not saying it's all his fault. Maybe it's coincidence?

Uh?

The problem is not up front. If anything, the team has more than enough attaking players.

The problem is in the middle. The team needs a destroyer to support the runs by Barry, Milner or Toure. Javi is not it.

jsteward said:
Uh?

The problem is not up front. If anything, the team has more than enough attaking players.

The problem is in the middle. The team needs a destroyer to support the runs by Barry, Milner or Toure. Javi is not it.

I agree, the problem against Ajax was the midfield. However, this is a Dzeko thread, and the point I'm making is that in general the games he starts in, the team often doesn't play as well as the games he doesn't. Also most of Dzeko's best performances come from off the bench.

"Uh?" again if you want and I'll explain it again

Shaelumstash said:
jsteward said:
Uh?

I agree, the problem against Ajax was the midfield. However, this is a Dzeko thread, and the point I'm making is that in general the games he starts in, the team often doesn't play as well as the games he doesn't. Also most of Dzeko's best performances come from off the bench.

"Uh?" again if you want and I'll explain it again
You were blaming the defeat on him.

That's not it. Even with 6 attackers, the team didn't manage to produce anything solid up front.

I'm no Dzeko fan, and I admit easily that in other occasions he carried some blame, but not this time.

The big difference in Europe is that teams play more variegated styles. And the problem here is that when we attack, we're left far too exposed. So we're going punch-for-punch even against mediocre opposition.

That's a textbook midfield issue. The problem in Europe has been, and continues to be, the midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.