Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

greasedupdeafguy said:
kara54 said:
... There is just no evidence for it. ..
Well there is, he simply looks twice the player than when he starts for whatever reason, the simple fact is since Dzeko signed for us apart from one decent spell at the start of last season he just doesnt look suited to our team.
Dzeko starting and scoring a perfect hat-trick against Spurs, contradicts your statement.

Saying he does really well as a sub who rescues matches, is only credit to his intelligence and the ability to adapt to the game quickly.

We don't know how good he is as a starter this season, because he hasn't gotten a string of starts. The few times he did, he played really well.

Who cares though eh? Let's keep our most in form striker on the bench.

kara54 said:
I always stated that I'm Bosnian, surely Dzeko-biased but trying to be objective as much as I can, but I also never slag off any other player. Even when everybody was crazy about Tevez last year, I was not. I also accept that Aguero and Tevez, taken everything into account, are better players than Dzeko. I just now and then have to argue when someone states Balo is better than him, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, in the current form, Dzeko simply deserves a run of games. When this guy starts firing, he does not stop very soon. I mentioned it in one of my first posts. This was so in Wolfsburg and actually this is also true at City. But he isn't given a real chance, here.

No one who watched the game can say Dzeko was poor against Ajax. He was one of our best, imo. together with Milner and Clichy. He played overall very well, and had two chances to score, but those were no sitters.

The first one he made a good run, took the ball down perfectly with his chest. It could have gone beyond the keeper, Edin tried to put it through keeper's legs, it did not. But for sure this was not because of lack of skill. The other one he created on his own, as he is often said not being able to. That didn't look so fancy like Silva, Kun, but it was effective. He was closed down, tried to pass the keeper, and was unlucky again.

Yes, he was offside twice, Kun was once. And what? Strikers are supposed to be offside now and then. Sometimes they start to run too early, sometimes the pass comes too late, or the defense just made a good job (Many try to ignore stats, but "being twice offside in a game" is just some kind of stats, too). Nasri also missed a shot badly, Aguero hit it over the bar from outside the box. Everyone misses.

But at the end it is Dzeko who is the one who has to be benched because he did not take his chance well.

C'mon guys, this is ridiculous. With his contribution so far this season, top scorer in the team, top scorer in the current WC-quali... BL-top-scorer 2009/10, 48 goals in two BL-seasons. That means this guy is a top player, mature, in his best ages, maybe also getting into best form....

No, I don't think a sensible football mind could explain Mancini's unwillingness to play him by logical means. If you say Roberto just does not like him, maybe he just likes fancy looking players more, ok. If it's for his bad behavior in Munich, than what's with Tevez.

But if you are with City and want City to become better, than there is no logical explanation to me.

Trying to statistically explain the superiority of Kun-Tevez partnership, because all games started with them were won, is just ignoring how the games were won and goes in hand with the super-sub tag. If you go on with statistics, than you also have to argue against Dzeko's goals/minute stats, and the number of goals he scored in total to other strikers.

And if it is that Dzeko is better from the bench, than it's just a myth. There is just no evidence for it. Before he came to City, Dzeko was not a sub for years. And here, he never was a starter. A game every few months is not enough to prove it. Dzeko should be given a chance. Now, when he is on form. And I'm talking about a real chance, at least 5 starts or more. One still can play Kun/Tevez, and sometimes Balo. But Dzeko should be given his chance. And it would be best for the team if he would take it. But if Roberto gives him a few starts now and then, it's is unfair to expect him to deliver. It can happen, but who knows. It doesn't generally depend only on a player himself.

PS: Damn, I did not want this post to go so long. But tnx if you read it ;)

Well said mate.

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I kind of rather read than comment, but could not resist this time. There is far to much of unfair criticism and abuse directed towards Bosnian Edin and City fans from some of you here. I’ve only been City fan for last 2-1/2 years. City was always my favorite EPL team, but mostly because my hatred towards united. And than, what can I say, Edin joined the club and I fell in love with the blue. Yes, I’m Bosnian and there are probably around 4 million of us who started to support city because of Edin. Some of us will leave when he is gone, but many will stay forever. I know I will. People do not change colors easily. If you go by pure logic at least 30% of these people will stay and continue to be City supporters in years to come. I think, all true City supporters should appreciate this. You should not judge somebody’s motives to become a supporter. Whatever is the reason, Edin or something else every supporter counts. One more for us is one less for rags. This is the way to grow the fan base and become a big club. It might be hard adjustment for some of you, but this is the new reality. City is going global and nobody can stop it. So, some of you can call us fanboys, not true fans, Bosnian brigade or what ever you want, I don’t care. Many of us are City supporters as much as you are, whether you like it or not and we will support Edin more than anybody else. Don’t we all have our favorite players? By the way he is unquestionably our best striker at the moment. This is just my objective opinion. Go City, Go Dzeko. Sorry if my English is not good enough. 

chux00ba said:
kara54 said:
I always stated that I'm Bosnian, surely Dzeko-biased but trying to be objective as much as I can, but I also never slag off any other player. Even when everybody was crazy about Tevez last year, I was not. I also accept that Aguero and Tevez, taken everything into account, are better players than Dzeko. I just now and then have to argue when someone states Balo is better than him, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, in the current form, Dzeko simply deserves a run of games. When this guy starts firing, he does not stop very soon. I mentioned it in one of my first posts. This was so in Wolfsburg and actually this is also true at City. But he isn't given a real chance, here.

No one who watched the game can say Dzeko was poor against Ajax. He was one of our best, imo. together with Milner and Clichy. He played overall very well, and had two chances to score, but those were no sitters.

The first one he made a good run, took the ball down perfectly with his chest. It could have gone beyond the keeper, Edin tried to put it through keeper's legs, it did not. But for sure this was not because of lack of skill. The other one he created on his own, as he is often said not being able to. That didn't look so fancy like Silva, Kun, but it was effective. He was closed down, tried to pass the keeper, and was unlucky again.

Yes, he was offside twice, Kun was once. And what? Strikers are supposed to be offside now and then. Sometimes they start to run too early, sometimes the pass comes too late, or the defense just made a good job (Many try to ignore stats, but "being twice offside in a game" is just some kind of stats, too). Nasri also missed a shot badly, Aguero hit it over the bar from outside the box. Everyone misses.

But at the end it is Dzeko who is the one who has to be benched because he did not take his chance well.

C'mon guys, this is ridiculous. With his contribution so far this season, top scorer in the team, top scorer in the current WC-quali... BL-top-scorer 2009/10, 48 goals in two BL-seasons. That means this guy is a top player, mature, in his best ages, maybe also getting into best form....

No, I don't think a sensible football mind could explain Mancini's unwillingness to play him by logical means. If you say Roberto just does not like him, maybe he just likes fancy looking players more, ok. If it's for his bad behavior in Munich, than what's with Tevez.

But if you are with City and want City to become better, than there is no logical explanation to me.

Trying to statistically explain the superiority of Kun-Tevez partnership, because all games started with them were won, is just ignoring how the games were won and goes in hand with the super-sub tag. If you go on with statistics, than you also have to argue against Dzeko's goals/minute stats, and the number of goals he scored in total to other strikers.

And if it is that Dzeko is better from the bench, than it's just a myth. There is just no evidence for it. Before he came to City, Dzeko was not a sub for years. And here, he never was a starter. A game every few months is not enough to prove it. Dzeko should be given a chance. Now, when he is on form. And I'm talking about a real chance, at least 5 starts or more. One still can play Kun/Tevez, and sometimes Balo. But Dzeko should be given his chance. And it would be best for the team if he would take it. But if Roberto gives him a few starts now and then, it's is unfair to expect him to deliver. It can happen, but who knows. It doesn't generally depend only on a player himself.

Well said mate.
He summed it up brilliantly. No point giving him a start once every few months. A regular starter Dzeko will bang in goals for fun.

Armaan said:
chux00ba said:
kara54 said:

Well said mate.
He summed it up brilliantly. No point giving him a start once every few months. A regular starter Dzeko will bang in goals for fun.
What about the 'confidence building' starts?

You know the one's when he starts and plays poorly but people say he just needs to start a few more.

You take it one game at a time, you don't play the waiting game in the premier league.

pudge said:
Armaan said:
chux00ba said:
Well said mate.
What about the 'confidence building' starts?

You know the one's when he starts and plays poorly but people say he just needs to start a few more.

You take it one game at a time, you don't play the waiting game in the premier league.

again he is our highest scorer and hes playing off the bench logic dictates give him a run of games and actually give him proper service he will bang in the goals for fun... again what has kun done this season to deserve a starting place over dzeko im really curious with this one.

Zizi4City said:
Hi guys, this is my first post here. I kind of rather read than comment, but could not resist this time. There is far to much of unfair criticism and abuse directed towards Bosnian Edin and City fans from some of you here. I’ve only been City fan for last 2-1/2 years. City was always my favorite EPL team, but mostly because my hatred towards united. And than, what can I say, Edin joined the club and I fell in love with the blue. Yes, I’m Bosnian and there are probably around 4 million of us who started to support city because of Edin. Some of us will leave when he is gone, but many will stay forever. I know I will. People do not change colors easily. If you go by pure logic at least 30% of these people will stay and continue to be City supporters in years to come. I think, all true City supporters should appreciate this. You should not judge somebody’s motives to become a supporter. Whatever is the reason, Edin or something else every supporter counts. One more for us is one less for rags. This is the way to grow the fan base and become a big club. It might be hard adjustment for some of you, but this is the new reality. City is going global and nobody can stop it. So, some of you can call us fanboys, not true fans, Bosnian brigade or what ever you want, I don’t care. Many of us are City supporters as much as you are, whether you like it or not and we will support Edin more than anybody else. Don’t we all have our favorite players? By the way he is unquestionably our best striker at the moment. This is just my objective opinion. Go City, Go Dzeko. Sorry if my English is not good enough. 

Welcome to the board, and welcome to being a City fan, that is if you are as good as your word and stick by City after Dzeko has left. I don't know anyone who doesn't welcome new City fans from all over the world. If we want to compete in the long term, we need a bigger fan base worldwide, it is inevitable.

It is obvious than many Bosnian City fans are here because of Dzeko, and obvious he is likely to be their favourite player, there is no problem with that at all. The problems arise with the absolute blind faith in Dzeko and ignorance of other players ability. It is no problem being a big Dzeko fan, but it really clouds a lot of people's judgement to such an extent that you cannot take their opinions seriously, and it turns any debate about Dzeko in to ridiculous arguments where the Dzekomaniacs will defend him to the death, no matter what another posters opinion is.

Even the most ardent Dzeko fanatic could not say with an objective viewpoint that he is a better player than Aguero and Tevez. Not being at their level is not such a bad thing, they are two of the best players in the world. As central strikers, they could both claim to be in the top 5 players in the world in that position. Dzeko is not, and will never be at that level. He is a good player, and has a fantastic goal scoring record, particularly off the bench, but to compare him with them two is crazy.

I can understand people arguing over who is better between Dzeko and Balotelli though. They are both very good, but very different players, and there is a debate to be had over who has more ability, who fits better in to the side etc. There is no problem with this kind of debate, and it is healthy for the board, and understandable than many Bosnian fans prefer Dzeko. But when you start saying he is better than Aguero and Tevez, it just makes your point lose all credibility and makes you look like obsessive fanboys who are incapable of looking at him objectively.

Zizi4City said:

Welcome to the board, thats a very good first post :D

I came in after the money too and I always feel like I have to fight against that stigma that I wasn't at york away unlike every other single member of this board.

For clarification, I have never supported any other club and didn't actually enjoy watching football until my friend (a blue) got me into it and took me to a match.

Guys, it's exhausting to rehash the same conversations over again.

BOTTOM LINE: Nobody can score consistently in this team unless the midfield and the defense get sorted out. When you're constantly having to track back to get a touch, even if Pele was playing he wouldn't score any more than Dzeko, Tevez, or Aguero already are doing. The problem is not with any of our strikers.

Dzeko deserves a run of games because he's in form. Mancini should take advantage of it. He had a good game against Ajax, considering the fact that our midfield and our defense were horrible. If we had any kind of consistent play there, I have no doubt Dzeko would have scored and we would have won the game.

Even Mancini said that it is not fair to the strikers to expect them to solve the problems, and come to the rescue every time. Goals should come from everywhere, like they did last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.