Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

noise said:
Shaelumstash said:
noise said:
You are judging Dzeko on a very limited set of attributes.

Aguero is probably better, but I disagree that Dzeko isn't at that level. He was once on the Ballon d'Or shortlist as well, so obviously Bosnian fans aren't the only ones to think that.

He was BL top scorer both based on stats and based on player votes. He's our teams top scorer despite having least amount of minutes played. He's WC qualifiers top scorer.

He's entirely a different player, from Tevez and Aguero. And if you judge him on the dribbling style surely he's not going to be in the same league as the argentines, because that's their streight. But Dzeko has something Tevez and Aguero don't have. Strength, height (193cm) and deadly accuracy.

Dzeko's aerial threat is something Aguero and Tevez will never have. Dzeko is very much a top quality striker the other two are. Otherwise people who are paid to know this wouldn't value him at € 32M.

The only thing in bold that is true is height. Tevez is one of the strongest players on the ball I have ever seen. With his back to goal he is brilliant, holds the ball up brilliantly, and very very rarely gets outmuscled and loses the ball. As for "deadly accuracy", I assume this refers to finishing. If you are saying Dzeko is a better finisher than Aguero, then the fanaticism is more acute than I thought.

Dzeko is a good player, but scoring a few goals off the bench does not make you a world class player. There's rather more to football than that.
I was talking about the combination of attributes, but feel free to take what I wrote out of context. Scoring off the bench obviously nullifies all his other achievements. I think you're a troll.
Well Aguero and Tevez both do have strength and both do have "deadly accuracy" so those points become invalid, and you are left with "Height (193cm)".

Of course they don't have that, but so what? Neither have Messi or Maradona! Maybe you think Andy Carroll is better than those two because he has "Height (193cm)"?

You can think I'm whatever you want, I know you're a Dzekomaniac so there is very little point engaging in a debate with you because you're brainwashed / so infatuated with him that you can't see any sense. It's like trying to argue with a member of the Taliban that America is a force for good.

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
What about the 'confidence building' starts?

You know the one's when he starts and plays poorly but people say he just needs to start a few more.

You take it one game at a time, you don't play the waiting game in the premier league.

again he is our highest scorer and hes playing off the bench logic dictates give him a run of games and actually give him proper service he will bang in the goals for fun... again what has kun done this season to deserve a starting place over dzeko im really curious with this one.
But he has started after banging them in off the bench, and not scored.

So it's not harsh to say he'll be dropped again.

Aguero and Tevez are our 2 best strikers as well as our top players, hence why they often start.

Cue the abuse I shall receive for being "anti-Dzeko"....

So what your saying if he does not score in one game he is deemed drop able? and yet kun not scoring for a couple of games while starting is safe?.Tevez this season has earned his spot. kun has not and going by recent performances balo should be infront of him but that seems to be a taboo subject when it comes to kun (hes untouchable). how the hell can u say aguero is our best 2 strikers when dzeko is the teams top scorer and is essentially a sub makes no sense what so ever. give dzeko a run of games actually play to his strengths (cross the fukin ball in into the box ) and he will start banging them in.

Shaelumstash said:
noise said:
Shaelumstash said:
The only thing in bold that is true is height. Tevez is one of the strongest players on the ball I have ever seen. With his back to goal he is brilliant, holds the ball up brilliantly, and very very rarely gets outmuscled and loses the ball. As for "deadly accuracy", I assume this refers to finishing. If you are saying Dzeko is a better finisher than Aguero, then the fanaticism is more acute than I thought.

Dzeko is a good player, but scoring a few goals off the bench does not make you a world class player. There's rather more to football than that.
I was talking about the combination of attributes, but feel free to take what I wrote out of context. Scoring off the bench obviously nullifies all his other achievements. I think you're a troll.
Well Aguero and Tevez both do have strength and both do have "deadly accuracy" so those points become invalid, and you are left with "Height (193cm)".

Of course they don't have that, but so what? Neither have Messi or Maradona! Maybe you think Andy Carroll is better than those two because he has "Height (193cm)"?

You can think I'm whatever you want, I know you're a Dzekomaniac so there is very little point engaging in a debate with you because you're brainwashed / so infatuated with him that you can't see any sense. It's like trying to argue with a member of the Taliban that America is a force for good.

What the fuck do you know about the Taliban ?? Take your politics propaganda somewhere else this is bluemoon forum and not a Mitt Romney political campaign.

sounds harsh but i'd always leave him on the bench until the 60 mark and replace him with a midfielder if we're losing/drawing or either tevez or aguero if we're winning.

i guarantee he'll score 20+ goals doing that.

adorado30 said:
Shaelumstash said:
noise said:

What the fuck do you know about the Taliban ?? Take your politics propaganda somewhere else this is bluemoon forum and not a Mitt Romney political campaign.

I think he's on pretty safe ground asserting that the Taliban is anti-American.

Jontyh68 said:
adorado30 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Yes and America is a force for good cause of course!

Skashion said:
Jontyh68 said:
Would depend when you asked them.
Really? I'd be interested to know when you think it was ever pro-US.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 pm --<br /><br />
adorado30 said:
Jontyh68 said:
adorado30 said:

Yes and America is a force for good cause of course!

Adorado didn't argue that. Merely that proposing it to a Taliban member would be the conversational equivalent of banging your head against a brick wall.

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
again he is our highest scorer and hes playing off the bench logic dictates give him a run of games and actually give him proper service he will bang in the goals for fun... again what has kun done this season to deserve a starting place over dzeko im really curious with this one.
But he has started after banging them in off the bench, and not scored.

So it's not harsh to say he'll be dropped again.

Aguero and Tevez are our 2 best strikers as well as our top players, hence why they often start.

Cue the abuse I shall receive for being "anti-Dzeko"....

So what your saying if he does not score in one game he is deemed drop able? and yet kun not scoring for a couple of games while starting is safe?.Tevez this season has earned his spot. kun has not and going by recent performances balo should be infront of him but that seems to be a taboo subject when it comes to kun (hes untouchable). how the hell can u say aguero is our best 2 strikers when dzeko is the teams top scorer and is essentially a sub makes no sense what so ever. give dzeko a run of games actually play to his strengths (cross the fukin ball in into the box ) and he will start banging them in.
I can say that Aguero is one of our best strikers because it's true.

Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Mario in that order.

Like I said before, you take it one game at a time you don't wait it out in hope that Dzeko will finally get some confidence and start scoring 3 or 4 starts down the line. Tevez and Aguero, as our 2 best strikers, give us the best chance to score every game (look at Tevez's record for us and Sergio's 30 goals last year)

How is it any different when you say that Sergio should be on the bench when he doesn't score?

Jontyh68 said:
Really? I'd be interested to know when you think it was ever pro-US.
In the period immediately after the Soviet Afghan War, which could not have been won without US support, I suspect there was probably some goodwill towards the US. This was also a time of optimism, where a US-led coalition had ejected Saddam from Kuwait and the signing of the Oslo Accords in 1993. You know, that all too brief period of optimism in the early nineties where it looked like international cooperation could work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.