Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Shaelumstash said:
Even the most ardent Dzeko fanatic could not say with an objective viewpoint that he is a better player than Aguero and Tevez. Not being at their level is not such a bad thing, they are two of the best players in the world. As central strikers, they could both claim to be in the top 5 players in the world in that position. Dzeko is not, and will never be at that level. He is a good player, and has a fantastic goal scoring record, particularly off the bench, but to compare him with them two is crazy.

You are judging Dzeko on a very limited set of attributes.

Aguero is probably better, but I disagree that Dzeko isn't at that level. He was once on the Ballon d'Or shortlist as well, so obviously Bosnian fans aren't the only ones to think that.

He was BL top scorer both based on stats and based on player votes. He's our teams top scorer despite having least amount of minutes played. He's WC qualifiers top scorer.

He's entirely a different player, from Tevez and Aguero. And if you judge him on the dribbling style surely he's not going to be in the same league as the argentines, because that's their streight. But Dzeko has something Tevez and Aguero don't have. Strength, height (193cm) and deadly accuracy.

Dzeko's aerial threat is something Aguero and Tevez will never have. Dzeko is very much a top quality striker the other two are. Otherwise people who are paid to know this wouldn't value him at € 32M.

noise said:
Shaelumstash said:
Even the most ardent Dzeko fanatic could not say with an objective viewpoint that he is a better player than Aguero and Tevez. Not being at their level is not such a bad thing, they are two of the best players in the world. As central strikers, they could both claim to be in the top 5 players in the world in that position. Dzeko is not, and will never be at that level. He is a good player, and has a fantastic goal scoring record, particularly off the bench, but to compare him with them two is crazy.

Aguero is probably better, but I disagree that Dzeko isn't at that level. He was once on the Ballon d'Or shortlist as well, so obviously Bosnian fans aren't the only ones to think that.

He was BL top scorer both based on stats and based on player votes. He's our teams top scorer despite having least amount of minutes played. He's WC qualifiers top scorer.

He's entirely a different player, from Tevez and Aguero. And if you judge him on the dribbling style surely he's not going to be in the same league as the argentines, because that's their streight. But Dzeko has something Tevez and Aguero don't have. Strength, height (193cm) and deadly accuracy.

Dzeko's aerial threat is something Aguero and Tevez will never have. Dzeko is very much a top quality striker the other two are. Otherwise people who are paid to know this wouldn't value him at € 32M.
Excellent post!

Isn't it great to have 4 top class strikers on our books............however I don't think we can truly keep them all happy.............

I met Edin after training once for a quick chat and in my 50 years of following City I can say that he is up there with the nicest City players I have ever met. He has all the time for fans and answers all their questions. I only experienced similar humility when I met Colin Bell, Tommy Booth and Nic Anelca...........

I believe that Mancini may trade one of our excellent 4 in January in an attempt to get Falcao...........

However our problems do not lie in attack...........

AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
Armaan said:
He summed it up brilliantly. No point giving him a start once every few months. A regular starter Dzeko will bang in goals for fun.
What about the 'confidence building' starts?

You know the one's when he starts and plays poorly but people say he just needs to start a few more.

You take it one game at a time, you don't play the waiting game in the premier league.

again he is our highest scorer and hes playing off the bench logic dictates give him a run of games and actually give him proper service he will bang in the goals for fun... again what has kun done this season to deserve a starting place over dzeko im really curious with this one.
But he has started after banging them in off the bench, and not scored.

So it's not harsh to say he'll be dropped again.

Aguero and Tevez are our 2 best strikers as well as our top players, hence why they often start.

Cue the abuse I shall receive for being "anti-Dzeko"....

pudge said:
AntiUnited said:
pudge said:
What about the 'confidence building' starts?

You know the one's when he starts and plays poorly but people say he just needs to start a few more.

You take it one game at a time, you don't play the waiting game in the premier league.

again he is our highest scorer and hes playing off the bench logic dictates give him a run of games and actually give him proper service he will bang in the goals for fun... again what has kun done this season to deserve a starting place over dzeko im really curious with this one.

Aguero and Tevez are our 2 best strikers as well as our top players, hence why they often start.

It's not that you are being "anti-Dzeko" the problem is that you are thinking that he only scores off the bench. And if Mancini keeps on thinking the same way I don't see him staying contempt at sitting on the bench. He was rumored to leave this past summer because of lack of playing time and trust from Mancini, yet he stayed and wanted to break through the starting XI, starts the season on fire from the bench and still can't string a couple consecutive starts from Mancini.

It's all fine and dandy minus the fact that Mario get's more starts yet has contributed less to the cause.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pudge said:
AntiUnited said:

It's not that you are being "anti-Dzeko" the problem is that you are thinking that he only scores off the bench. And if Mancini keeps on thinking the same way I don't see him staying contempt at sitting on the bench. He was rumored to leave this past summer because of lack of playing time and trust from Mancini, yet he stayed and wanted to break through the starting XI, starts the season on fire from the bench and still can't string a couple consecutive starts from Mancini.

It's all fine and dandy minus the fact that Mario get's more starts yet has contributed less to the cause.
Yet I have never said that

However, 6 of his last 7 league goals have been as a sub.

But he obviously doesn't ONLY score off the bench like you seem to think I previously said.

noise said:
Shaelumstash said:

The only thing in bold that is true is height. Tevez is one of the strongest players on the ball I have ever seen. With his back to goal he is brilliant, holds the ball up brilliantly, and very very rarely gets outmuscled and loses the ball. As for "deadly accuracy", I assume this refers to finishing. If you are saying Dzeko is a better finisher than Aguero, then the fanaticism is more acute than I thought.

Dzeko is a good player, but scoring a few goals off the bench does not make you a world class player. There's rather more to football than that.

Shaelumstash said:
noise said:
Shaelumstash said:

The only thing in bold that is true is height. Tevez is one of the strongest players on the ball I have ever seen. With his back to goal he is brilliant, holds the ball up brilliantly, and very very rarely gets outmuscled and loses the ball. As for "deadly accuracy", I assume this refers to finishing. If you are saying Dzeko is a better finisher than Aguero, then the fanaticism is more acute than I thought.

Dzeko is a good player, but scoring a few goals off the bench does not make you a world class player. There's rather more to football than that.
I was talking about the combination of attributes, but feel free to take what I wrote out of context. Scoring off the bench obviously nullifies all his other achievements. I think you're a troll.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.