Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Young said:
Can't blame Dzeko. It puzzles me why he was ask to play down the flanks.
Why doesn't RM invest in a proper winger? Full-backs aren't wingers. Nasri/Silva aren't wingers. Mario/Edin are certainly not wingers.

lionheart said:
Young said:
Why doesn't RM invest in a proper winger? Full-backs aren't wingers. Nasri/Silva aren't wingers. Mario/Edin are certainly not wingers.

We need a plan B when the bus is parked. Yesterday showed that we haven't got one.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Truth be told every time he got the ball he broke up play and we slowed down.... I won't be surprised to see both Dzeko and Mario leave in the summer they're suppose to be some of Europe's top strikes yet at the moment aren't putting anywhere near the same amount of effort or performances then those of Demba Ba or Grant Holt!!
He made a few mistakes, but he also won two free kicks in very threatening positions as well as a corner.

I think he was our most threatening player again yesterday. He made some mistakes in the 1st half but he also generate 3 or 4 great opportunities, but in the second half he played well. I am actually impressed with his work rate in the second half.

I think the constant tinkering with the formations and squad is not doing us much favors personally.

I think as a whole the team played slow, you could tell that they weren't comfortable with their positions. But you also have to give credit to West Ham, they were very rough and did well defending. They got a lot of yellow cards as well.

noise said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Truth be told every time he got the ball he broke up play and we slowed down.... I won't be surprised to see both Dzeko and Mario leave in the summer they're suppose to be some of Europe's top strikes yet at the moment aren't putting anywhere near the same amount of effort or performances then those of Demba Ba or Grant Holt!!
He made a few mistakes, but he also won two free kicks in very threatening positions as well as a corner.

I think he was our most threatening player again yesterday. He made some mistakes in the 1st half but he also generate 3 or 4 great opportunities, but in the second half he played well. I am actually impressed with his work rate in the second half.

I think the constant tinkering with the formations and squad is not doing us much favors personally.

I think as a whole the team played slow, you could tell that they weren't comfortable with their positions. But you also have to give credit to West Ham, they were very rough and did well defending. They got a lot of yellow cards as well.

I want to believe that it's down to the formation tinkering but like Mancini said great players will play well where ever they are told to....

Look at (and I know it's annoying using United as an example) Valencia last season he played at RB for a majority of games and did remarkably well, you reckon if we played Nasri at RB or even Richards as RM they would perform at their best? Probably not, I didn't like it when Richards questioned the formation as if he was playing out of position against Ajax, he played as a CB or RWB for about 5 minutes and made it out as it completely dampened his ability as a player...

A bit off topic here but as a whole unity something seems amiss with the players I don't know if its the pressure (which I doubt as majority of our players have played for league champions before) or if it's something behind closed doors that we don't know of but something needs sorting out before Christmas so we can step it up!!

i like Roberto Mancini and the three trophies he has brought us have been amazing. Clearly our best manager since Joe Mercer. However, I sometimes wonder about his purchasing of players. Did he go out and buy Sergio, Edin and Mario with any particular style of play intended. Did he plan them to integrate with Carlos in any pattern. Or did he just go out and buy them because they were three of the top players in Europe and felt they would be great additions to the squad.

What were his plans to play them going forward or did he intend to rotate them. I ask this because he clearly is not playing either Mario or Edin in their correct positions or to the best of their ability.

Playing Edin out on the wing was not the best solution and clearly to get the best out of Edin you need to play him down the middle with a winger firing them in.............strange tactics

I am bemused by the insistence that unless Dzeko is stood like an oak tree six yards from the opponent's net, he's somehow being played on the wing. He did the same thing our other strikers have done and will continue to do. He'll rotate between playing centrally where his touch was nothing short of atrocious yesterday and dragging defenders wide towards the wings to give space to the other forward players. It's not like only our club does this. Demba Ba somehow manages to do this on his creaky knees.

Dzeko put a shift in yesterday, but he is never going to get any joy when the opposition are camped inside their own area. He isn't the type of player who is going to play tikka takka football in and around defenders, cause quite frankly his touch is too inconsistent. He is a top drawer striker, but at times he is being played wide. If you want to get the best out of Dzeko, you stick him in the middle and put some pace out wide. Balotelli and Tevez weren't going to provide him service, and neither do Nasri and Silva. But even in spite of that, I think he was stilla threat, I felt as if he could nick a goal. But I think Mancini needs to sort out his best team and stop tinkering. He needs to decide who his best two strikers are, his 2 best central midfielders and defenders are. That is when I think players will hit form, with a bit of consistency in the team

Shaelumstash said:
AntiUnited said:
Shaelumstash said:
If you thought Dzeko was anything less than appalling today I suggest you try another sport, football is not for you.

Ye i know right he was only getting the balls in the mid field and sometimes even further in our own field . Thats where a striker needs to start build up play yah ?? i think u need to lie down that shit your smoking is making u wonky .
Mate, climb out of his arse, it's getting embarrassing. He's a supersub and should never start again.

Out of your last 70 posts, 65 posts are about Dzeko. You are really annoying, give it some rest.
BTW whose arse are you in?

1azur said:
Shaelumstash said:
AntiUnited said:
Ye i know right he was only getting the balls in the mid field and sometimes even further in our own field . Thats where a striker needs to start build up play yah ?? i think u need to lie down that shit your smoking is making u wonky .
Mate, climb out of his arse, it's getting embarrassing. He's a supersub and should never start again.

Out of your last 70 posts, 65 posts are about Dzeko. You are really annoying, give it some rest.
BTW whose arse are you in?
And all have been trolls. I am surprised he hasn't been banned for trolling yet.

lionheart said:
Young said:

Exactly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.