Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

SWP's back said:
If edin can be that effective when he starts he's no 1 striker.

Awesome from the lad

If he was that effective when he starts he'd score 5 goals a game!

Still think, and I've been banging on about it for yonks, that Aguero and Dzeko is our best partnership.

mcfc2607 said:
cool cat said:
Take a bow big man , my modern day Shaun Goater ...
Love that celebration , get in Edin
No disrespect to the goat as he is my childhood hero but dzeko has more talent in his left nut sack.

I wasn't comparing talent wise as its completely different era's.

However they are both natural goalscorers and have had similar criticism's to their city careers from the fans .

Given the chance he could go on to get 100 city goals

WNRH said:
Our Solskjaer!
Our David Fairclough.....for those tuo young to know he was Liverpool's super sub in the 70s and early 80s....and he was close to signing for us at one point

Dzeko got pissed off when he got called a super sub. Hopefully he'll start vs Ajax with a front 3 of him Aguero and Tevez. Then Nasri in behind and Barry and Toure in the centre.

Yes, didnt seem happy.

Id mentioned earlier tonight that I dont think hes good enough over 90 minutes.

With a run in the side, like the start of last year, hed get himself on a run maybe.

Would you replace Tevez or Aguero with him? I wouldnt, and I dont think we can play with a front three, or with him up front in a two, we dont play that way. Hes useless with his back to goal, for a big man he doesnt hold the ball up well enough for me. If hes on the end of a set-piece, running onto balls and with the ball in front of him, getting on the end of crosses etc thats OK but its not how we play.

He is most useful to us and to Mancini in situations like today when we are chasing a game, when the ball is being put in the box or we are counter-attacking.

Thats the reason, for me, why he will stay on the bench no matter how often he scores from it. He may get a run in the champions league, bobby seems to like that, or if we pick up an injury to one of our main front two.

Its not Edins fault, I just dont think we play that way. For me with the right offer he will be off next summer providing we find a replacement. He wants regular first team football and I dont think we can give him that,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.