Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

When he plays a bad game or doesn't score, he is made a target. He played well in comparison to some player so give the guy a chance. We have to be on his back ever ytime he doesn't score. He is a City player and I will support him as long as he gives his all on the pitch.

jsteward said:
Shaelumstash said:
jsteward said:
Uh?

The problem is not up front. If anything, the team has more than enough attaking players.

The problem is in the middle. The team needs a destroyer to support the runs by Barry, Milner or Toure. Javi is not it.

I agree, the problem against Ajax was the midfield. However, this is a Dzeko thread, and the point I'm making is that in general the games he starts in, the team often doesn't play as well as the games he doesn't. Also most of Dzeko's best performances come from off the bench.

"Uh?" again if you want and I'll explain it again
You were blaming the defeat on him.

That's not it. Even with 6 attackers, the team didn't manage to produce anything solid up front.

I'm no Dzeko fan, and I admit easily that in other occasions he carried some blame, but not this time.

The big difference in Europe is that teams play more variegated styles. And the problem here is that when we attack, we're left far too exposed. So we're going punch-for-punch even against mediocre opposition.

That's a textbook midfield issue. The problem in Europe has been, and continues to be, the midfield.

No. You fucking numb ****, I wasn't blaming the defeat on him. In fact I've specifically made the point 5 separate times in this thread that I am not blaming last nights defeat on him.

Either argue with me about what I've actually said, or fuck off. Don't put words in my mouth

Shaelumstash said:
Shaelumstash said:
santasa said:
This is mind-boggling, humongously ridiculous claim !

If nothing else, tell me what exactly Tevez-Aguero did good this season so far ???

What do you think Tevez-Aguer could do vs. Ajax, considering horrible midfield and even worst
defence in Amsterdam ?

Since you, unlike some other posters, have a clue about the game, please tell me what exactly these two did in the season so far, and what would happened with City without unfitting Edin (minus 10 points from Edin performance) ???

And, as you claim when he starts we rarely play good, how is then possible that almost every game he has to be brought in to rescue that "well composed" and "well performed" team in the first place ?!

Dear, dear...

How is it a ridiculous claim? Every City fan I know rates Tevez and Aguero as our best front two, even the ones who love Dzeko.

For the record, I rate Dzeko, I thought against West Brom he was absolutely unstoppable. I just think our intricate style of play is better suited to Tev and Kun, that is nothing against Dzeko
And if I recall correctly, hasn't he scored 5 of his 6 coming on as a late sub? Off the top of my head our two worst team performances this season, and possibly the whole of Mancini's reign were last night and Dortmund at home. Both games Dzeko started. I'm not saying it's all his fault. Maybe it's coincidence?

Hahah do you even know what you are talkin about ?
AccOrding to you the team is playin such great football without Dzeko but somehow
We are behind or tied before Dzeko comes as a sub. Your logic is something else.
And when Dzeko starts somehow we are having a stinker,nevermind the other 9players who
Are playing on the same field. One player fucks it all up!!

Please amuse me with some more of you great logical analysis.

adorado30 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Shaelumstash said:
How is it a ridiculous claim? Every City fan I know rates Tevez and Aguero as our best front two, even the ones who love Dzeko.

For the record, I rate Dzeko, I thought against West Brom he was absolutely unstoppable. I just think our intricate style of play is better suited to Tev and Kun, that is nothing against Dzeko
And if I recall correctly, hasn't he scored 5 of his 6 coming on as a late sub? Off the top of my head our two worst team performances this season, and possibly the whole of Mancini's reign were last night and Dortmund at home. Both games Dzeko started. I'm not saying it's all his fault. Maybe it's coincidence?

Hahah do you even know what you are talkin about ?
AccOrding to you the team is playin such great football without Dzeko but somehow
We are behind or tied before Dzeko comes as a sub. Your logic is something else.
And when Dzeko starts somehow we are having a stinker,nevermind the other 9players who
Are playing on the same field. One player fucks it all up!!

Please amuse me with some more of you great logical analysis.

I can only refer you to my post above. You're either thick as fuck or on a wind up

I've got to the point where I just want Dzeko to go now just so he can shut up these clueless fuckers and bang in goals for fun at another club. Poor guy doesn't deserve the shit spouted about him by the "fans" that are meant to be supporting every player who wears that shirt.

Armaan said:
I've got to the point where I just want Dzeko to go now just so he can shut up these clueless fuckers and bang in goals for fun at another club. Poor guy doesn't deserve the shit spouted about him by the "fans" that are meant to be supporting every player who wears that shirt.
I agree, absolutely !
Chelsea could be that club, Your wish could soon come through - he could go to Chelsea in a deal where Chelsea will handover Falcao to City only if Mancini allow Chelsea to acquire Dzeko !
Hm, what about that ?
In my humble opinion, that deal if goes through will surely mean that Chelsea will take a title and City... well who knows... maybe Falcao start finding the net with hat-trick in every game and defend title for City all by himself... or becomes Santa Cruz or Torres of Chelsea kind ....

Armaan said:
This is how I sometimes feel as well. Any team would love having Dzeko. He's a great striker, very intelligent, gets along great with other players, is humble doesn't seem to have ego issues, which is rare for top strikers. Yet even being the top scorer on the team this season he's the least favored to be given a chance to be on the starting 11 by some "fans".

Can you imagine if Dzeko actually didn't score as crazy freaking often as he does? Even against Ajax, he played well. He ran a ton, he was our most threatening striker. He had a few very good chances that could have turned it around, like he occasionally does. But no apparently, the whole team dynamic changes when he's on the bench.

This is what De Boer said about our squad: "De Boer added: "There are always moments in games when Mario Balotelli, Sergio Aguero and Samir Nasri go to sleep. They do not chase the full-back, as they do not believe it is necessary."

You have to play football to be in form. Especially if you're a confidence striker like Dzeko.

This is a self correcting problem though. Keep Dzeko on the bench. This leaves him no other option but to look for another team where he can be on a starting 11 again.

Hilarious that last week everyone was saying "Oh my god, he did it, he saved us! He's a hero!"

And then when we lose 3-1 against Ajax, "He shouldn't ever start a game..."

You guys are hilarious.

I didn't know that Edin was the manager? Or wait; was he playing CB? I mean surely somehow he had some impact on why City conceded 3 goals from a team sporting 7 academy graduates.

Oh that's right it's because everyone has him labelled 'super-sub'. Get over yourselves. Sometimes I wish Edin would leave to a team with a better fan-base. But then again I love his late heroics and reading how people praise him non-stop only to say the next defeat that he should "Never start" only for him to go on and repeat the process. Quite amusing.

Shaelumstash said:
jsteward said:
Uh?

The problem is not up front. If anything, the team has more than enough attaking players.

The problem is in the middle. The team needs a destroyer to support the runs by Barry, Milner or Toure. Javi is not it.

I agree, the problem against Ajax was the midfield. However, this is a Dzeko thread, and the point I'm making is that in general the games he starts in, the team often doesn't play as well as the games he doesn't. Also most of Dzeko's best performances come from off the bench.

You're not blaming Dzeko for the defeat but you did claim that the team is better when he doesn't start and you used this one example to prove your point (this season, even though he didn't get a run of games last season either). I'm not sure how many games Dzeko has started this season in total, but I know it hasn't been many so to judge the performance of the team with Dzeko starting based on such a small sample of games seems harsh.

Dzeko being in the team should not have affected the poor defending or the poor midfield as much as some people claim it did. So to judge the overall performance of the team (which includes defending and midfield play) based on Dzeko starting seems invalid.

That is all, Thanks.

Shaelumstash said:
jsteward said:
Shaelumstash said:

You were blaming the defeat on him.

That's not it. Even with 6 attackers, the team didn't manage to produce anything solid up front.

I'm no Dzeko fan, and I admit easily that in other occasions he carried some blame, but not this time.

The big difference in Europe is that teams play more variegated styles. And the problem here is that when we attack, we're left far too exposed. So we're going punch-for-punch even against mediocre opposition.

That's a textbook midfield issue. The problem in Europe has been, and continues to be, the midfield.

No. You fucking numb ****, I wasn't blaming the defeat on him. In fact I've specifically made the point 5 separate times in this thread that I am not blaming last nights defeat on him.

Either argue with me about what I've actually said, or fuck off. Don't put words in my mouth

There are no need for insults directed at jsteward, that's my first point.
Secondly, you sounds really confused. No one inputting anything to you, just because you never said Dzeko sucks doesn't mean that your point isn't exactly that - everyone will tell you that your posts, although indirectly, blaming Dzeko for bad performance of entire team.

And your logic is really extremely silly - no offence, please-please-please !
And yes it's mind-boggling claim because you are unable to say what exactly Tevez-Aguero did good this season so far ???
What could they do vs. Ajax, considering horrible midfield and even worst defence in Amsterdam ?
What exactly these two did in this season so far, and what would happened with City without unfitting Edin (minus 10 points from Edin performance) ?
Which lead us to crucial question - you claim when ever he started we played horrible, NOW, how is then possible that almost every game when he was on bench, we played "so great" that he has to be brought in to rescue that "well composed" and "well performed" team in the first place ?!

[[If we honestly and truly try to judge individual players of top level, we should have to admit that, bottom line, Aguero is not better then Tevez isn't better then Dzeko, Dzeko isn't better then Mario, Mario is not better then Ibra, Ibra then Messi, Messi then Ronaldo, Ronaldo then RVP, etc, etc.
They can only be more or less successful, more in-form or less in-form, as long as they all play on same, top level of professional football... everything else is just marketing and media smokescreen - Really, who is better Ronaldo with 45 goals or Messi with 46 goal, or maybe Rooney with 48, or Drogba with 20 goals and CL title, etc. !!!
]]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.