Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

MSP said:
Rolee said:
MSP said:
He is the one that was most deserving for City win yesterday.

I'm afraid lot of you have completely wrong idea of what "MOTM" is and why players are awarded with it in football matches.

It was same when Rooney got one in derby. He scored 2 goals in a gem his team won 3:2. If he didn't his team would lose. Of course he was bloody MOTM.

Are you taking the piss?

I could probably do it if tried but no, I don't.

Sorry mate but I think you're miles wide of the mark. Penalty miss aside, Edin had a fairly good first half, right place, right time to bag his goal and he put himself about well, there was that woeful slice but I won't be too critical.

Second half he was lethargic, some of his passing left a lot to be desired, the pass to put Tevez one on one being the obvious exception. Some of his hold up play was decent but overall he was hit and miss.

To say he was motm is doing Milner and Silva a massive disservice.

I'm not talking about his game, I'm talking about the fact that he earned Koscielny's red card that completely changed the game and eventually decided the winner + scored one of two goals on the match.

That's MOM and always will be when they are awarded no matter what people think about someone's performance.

I certainly don't think Dzeko was best player on the pitch yesterday but he was involved in most events that decided who's gonna win the match. That's MOM in my eyes, just as Rooney with his two goals in derby was, and it looks like Sky agrees with me.

And that's why I've said that lot of people still don't understand how those "awards" are being decided. It's for the player that they think was most important for final result, not necessary the best player on the pitch. And that's fine with me.

The worst penalty that I've seen since Pat Nevins against us in 83. V frustrating player. Good pass to Carlos 2nd half.

MSP said:
Schnauzer said:
The worst penalty that I've seen since Pat Nevins against us in 83. V frustrating player. Good pass to Carlos 2nd half.

Nothing worse than Silva's earlier this season. Probably better. Still shit though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EaQBnVPl4M[/youtube]
Now that I've seen Silva's again I'm quite positive that Dzeko's was not that bad, but yeah still shit.

Only This

From "Think Football"

Edin Dzeko looks likely to leave City in the summer; perhaps sooner, himself stating that he’d like a move back to Germany. Even last summer the Bosnian forward was widely linked with a move to Serie A. But why hasn’t it worked out for Dzeko? On the face of it, his goal scoring record for City is very good; arguably he is the most prolific striker that the club have in their ranks.

Statistical comparison

Below is a statistical comparison of Dzeko and other City forwards:

...........Goals..Min/Goal..Conversion..Min/Play..Min/Chance..Pass Acc..Aerial Duels
Dzeko.....10........89..........57%..........889..........52............64%.........46%
Aguero.....8.......152..........33%........1218..........45............78%.........19%
Tevez.......7......196..........45%.........1369..........38............82%.........29%
Balotelli....1.......588..........11%.........588...........74............71%.........21%

If we consider this table Dzeko is easily the clubs most prolific scorer this campaign with by far the best goals per minute ratio, as well as having the best clear cut chance conversion. Interestingly Dzeko has only started one more game than Balotelli this season, despite a vastly better strike rate. Tevez and Aguero have played the most for the club with Mancini clearly preferring the two Argentineans up front. Just eight starts for Dzeko this campaign is bizarre considering his impressive goal scoring record.

Dzeko is the best striker City has.

If he goes, this will be a disaster for City, but most airheads on this forum will figure that out 12 months too late.

WimbledonRd said:

If he goes, this will be a disaster for City, but most airheads on this forum will figure that out 12 months too late.

Why would it be a disaster for City ?? If he and when he moves a equal or better replacement will take his place, its that simple...

WimbledonRd said:

are you joking, aguero is streets ahead, if and when dzeko goes, the club will improve as should be the case.

If we sell Dzeko it will only be in the event we have a world class finisher lined up. We will not repeat the mistakes of last summer of standing still or downgrading positions under the new regime.

Mario should be out the door before Dzeko IMO but I suspect the club would sell both if it meant getting someone like Falcao.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.