Edin Dzeko? 'Edin Somwhere.

Chick Counterfly said:
balkanno said:
Chick Counterfly said:
He's been coached badly in the past, IMHO. He's got every single attribute to be an unstoppable target man, but his coaches have indulged him a bit too much and let him neglect the most important part of that role, the ability to play with his back to goal. All this talk about 'got to feed him better' misses the point; if he's going to carry his weight as a lone striker in a TOP team, then he simply has to do an awful lot better at holding the ball up in order to help those charged with supplying him. I reckon the coaching staff here always knew that side of his game would have to improve, but they thought his other strengths would see him through for now. Unfortunately we saw that the weaknesses ruthlessly exposed by some very English defending and bizarrely unsympathetic refereeing, his confidence dropped and his first touch went south. I think he's fully up for the challenge of becoming the player he ought, but there are no guarantees that he'll pull it off immediately.

Nope, not at all. Felix Magath knowd just how to use him, which Mancini doesnt. Players like Dzeko will ave a hard Stand in bigger Clubs, i m not talking bout hes Quality. Its common now to use an 4-5-1, one more man in the Midfield for higher pressure nd pressing. Dzeko aint that Type of Player who can bind 3 4 Defenders nd still make a quick movement. He needs a Partner, someone like Balotelli, who can also stand up in front and act quickly creating Space / taking out an Defender from him. Its bout the tactics, dont get me wrong, aint Mancinis best side.

PL Football is a new thing for Dzeko, he wasnt needed in the Defence, making pressing as "1rst Defender" was a rare thing also this Movement as an alone Striker is a new thing.

This is going to take time, he need to adopt to the pace nd clearly change his Movement, on the other Side Mancini has to decide what for is he going.

This could work with Edin.

--------- Balotelli ------- Dzeko

------------------- Silva

----- Barry---------------------Yaya
------------------DeJong

Nd with Clichy - Richards we got quality attacking FBs who can be used.

I know what you're saying about the partner creating space with quick movement.

But even with Aguero, who might be a perfect complement, it's still going to be extremely important for him to improve his ability to play with his back to goal. He can 'bind' at least one player by doing this. If he shows he can either turn this player, or find a team mate running past the static defenders, then he will find he's binding at least one, maybe two more.

I'm not blaming Magath, but it's just criminal that a talented and strong 6'4 centre forward should look so uncomfortable every time a defender touches him from behind. A change of league and tactic and he is lost, because his game isn't well rounded. Fortunately I think it's easy to sort out with a little time and the right attitude.

I think you're both missing one point, or two, but both have been mentioned before and I think are the answer to your points raised...

He can shield the ball well as he's tall and strong on his feet, and in this pre-season friendlies, even though they were against lesser opposition he has shown that he can turn his back towards the goal receive the ball, keep possession and give a pass (SWP's goal against america) and this wasn't the case at wolfsburg because he didn't need to do i as grafite and him were told to move either directly towards the goal while misimovic was there to feed them in every possible way, through ball or a cross, and he was the one responsible for the ball distribution, all dzeko had to do is gt into position and find space to receive the ball and convert it....

another thing that was also mentioned on the forum and by dzeko himself in his recent interview in LA, is the fact that every simple contact in germany was called a foul, so when he came to england he started falling as soon as a defender came near him hoping the ref would call it which never happened...this changed a bit in his last few games...being an everton fan i can clearly remember how he shrugged off jagielka a couple of times, because he obviously got the idea of how to play against a typical english defender who is always on your back...and one more pops in my mind, don't know if it was ivanovic or terry in the chelsea match who had to dust himself off after a few meetings with dzeko...

so I'm not worried about him getting the hang of it and playing with the back to his goal, he can do it...I just hope that he will be the one partnered upfront with Aguero or Balotelli and that both forwards will profit from that...

I'm afraid that Mancini will bench him and have tevez and Aguero playing all the time....in that case, as I already mentioned on another thread, loan him to everton and watch him flourish

___________Hart
Richards_Savic_Kompany_Clichy
__________DeJong
________Yaya_Silva
Johnson___________Aguero
__________Dzeko

Etchy said:
___________Hart
Richards_Savic_Kompany_Clichy
__________DeJong
________Yaya_Silva
Johnson___________Aguero
__________Dzeko

Savic too raw and AJ too light and not consistent enough.

Nasri and Lescott.

--------------------- Hart ----------------------
Zab ------- Vinny --------- Jol --------- Clichy
----------------------------- Nige --------------
--------------- Yaya ----------------------------
Vlad -------------------------------------- Davi
--------------- Kun -----------------------------
---------------------------- Edin ---------------

That should be the Shield team, save perhaps Vladimir being swapped with one of Balotelli Nasri, or Johnson depending on how certain things go. David would have a free-roam role, with Yaya more a CM with freedom to come forward when necessary and Vlad/Johno cutting in to feed overlapping runs from Kun and Edin and to take the occasional shot as space opens in front of them. Zab will provide cover for that flanks weakness and Clichy can come forward for service in the space vacated by David with Nige falling back when necessary to cover the left. That is a very frightening selection.

sbm said:
Andouble said:
I wish I could find the statistic, it surfaced sometime late last season, but very, very few of Dzeko's goals at Wolfsburg were with his head. He doesn't need wingers flinging in crosses to score goals. Just needs service. Aguero will help with that, a full pre-season with Silva will help that, Nasri would help that. He'll come good.

For all Edin's 2009 goals:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PgRbwml9rg&feature=related[/youtube]

For his best 2010 goals:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opruZtN2EAA&feature=fvsr[/youtube]

Of the 54 goals in total, he scored 17 (31%) with his Head; 14 with his Left foot; and 23 with his Right foot.

Of the 37 goals scored with his feet, 22 (59%) were scored with his first touch (so that, including headed goals, 39 out of 54 were scored with his first touch!). A further 6 were scored with his 2nd touch (i.e., first touch to control). Very few were conversions of corners or free-kicks; and very few were from crosses pulled back from the bye-line. Remarkably few could be described as 'scrappy' goals or involved deflections.

[Disclaimer: The above statistics are offered in good faith but there could be some human error! The goals come think and fast, particularly in the second video.]

As to Edin's time at Manchester City, Bluemooners should bear in mind the most telling statistic: Carlos Tevez passed just half a dozen times in total to Edin in the Premier League games against Wolves, Birmingham, Manchester United, West Brom, Fulham and Liverpool (source: Guardian Chalkboard).

This is great. Can you pop up a 10 second montage of all his 2011 goals for us please?

I mean, let's face it, svennis pennis is a raging Dzeko troll. It is incredible. Not a single thread without some malicious dribbling twaddle being spewed.

Did Dzeko, perchance, fuck your girlfriend in some club's toilet while you waited outside with her purse, having to listen to the sound of a chance being converted?
Hope you had a word with her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.