Edin Dzeko? 'Edin Somwhere.

byronic said:
I mean, let's face it, svennis pennis is is a raging Dzeko troll. It is incredible. Not a single thread without some malicious dribbling twaddle being spewed.

Did Dzeko, perchance, fuck your girlfriend in some club's toilet while you waited outside with her purse, having to listen to the sound of a chance being converted?
Hope you had a word with her.

PMSL, post of the month!

You must be close, and I have a feeling Dzeko wasn't the only one nearby that night!

LongsightM13 said:
de niro said:
zangatangring said:
Mate, do you know how offensive it is when you insinuate i'm a man utd supporter? Do what you did to me to anyone else on this forum and you'll get an even worse reaction. I'm not going down softly, you started it. I was kind to you at first! Lol, In fact, I only repeated what you said to me.

i say it as it is on here and in real life, its just the way i am, i have acted against many a blue on here when they cajole a rag, i reckon you've been here before, you and i both know that.

lets see how things go from here.
by all means pm me to "clear the air"
Do you know what, Bob, I've had the exact same thought for a while.
The name 'Mergatroid' came to mind for some reason

I think you're spot on here.

Hi merga!

city diehard said:
I think he is a good player but he has been dogshite and these calls for service are becoming tiresome I remember a few times last year when he bottled some sitters start scorin' them and then moan about service.

Would you mind being specific about all those "bottled sitters"?

On topic: Dzeko has been so-so, despite the campaign (Daily Fail, Moron of the Day on BBC, etc) which started against him even before he landed. I did expect more, but with his important goals both in the FA cup and the premiership he's been far less "disappointing" than more expensive signings like Torres and Caroll, both of whom, mind you, had a plenty of previous premiership experience.

Dzeko had an astonishing chance turnover rate in his previous career, and it is simply a matter of settling down now, assuming parroting morons don't mess that up. He also needs more service, but that's an old story.

No17 said:
Chick Counterfly said:
balkanno said:
Nope, not at all. Felix Magath knowd just how to use him, which Mancini doesnt. Players like Dzeko will ave a hard Stand in bigger Clubs, i m not talking bout hes Quality. Its common now to use an 4-5-1, one more man in the Midfield for higher pressure nd pressing. Dzeko aint that Type of Player who can bind 3 4 Defenders nd still make a quick movement. He needs a Partner, someone like Balotelli, who can also stand up in front and act quickly creating Space / taking out an Defender from him. Its bout the tactics, dont get me wrong, aint Mancinis best side.

PL Football is a new thing for Dzeko, he wasnt needed in the Defence, making pressing as "1rst Defender" was a rare thing also this Movement as an alone Striker is a new thing.

This is going to take time, he need to adopt to the pace nd clearly change his Movement, on the other Side Mancini has to decide what for is he going.

This could work with Edin.

--------- Balotelli ------- Dzeko

------------------- Silva

----- Barry---------------------Yaya
------------------DeJong

Nd with Clichy - Richards we got quality attacking FBs who can be used.

I know what you're saying about the partner creating space with quick movement.

But even with Aguero, who might be a perfect complement, it's still going to be extremely important for him to improve his ability to play with his back to goal. He can 'bind' at least one player by doing this. If he shows he can either turn this player, or find a team mate running past the static defenders, then he will find he's binding at least one, maybe two more.

I'm not blaming Magath, but it's just criminal that a talented and strong 6'4 centre forward should look so uncomfortable every time a defender touches him from behind. A change of league and tactic and he is lost, because his game isn't well rounded. Fortunately I think it's easy to sort out with a little time and the right attitude.

I think you're both missing one point, or two, but both have been mentioned before and I think are the answer to your points raised...

He can shield the ball well as he's tall and strong on his feet, and in this pre-season friendlies, even though they were against lesser opposition he has shown that he can turn his back towards the goal receive the ball, keep possession and give a pass (SWP's goal against america) and this wasn't the case at wolfsburg because he didn't need to do i as grafite and him were told to move either directly towards the goal while misimovic was there to feed them in every possible way, through ball or a cross, and he was the one responsible for the ball distribution, all dzeko had to do is gt into position and find space to receive the ball and convert it....

another thing that was also mentioned on the forum and by dzeko himself in his recent interview in LA, is the fact that every simple contact in germany was called a foul, so when he came to england he started falling as soon as a defender came near him hoping the ref would call it which never happened...this changed a bit in his last few games...being an everton fan i can clearly remember how he shrugged off jagielka a couple of times, because he obviously got the idea of how to play against a typical english defender who is always on your back...and one more pops in my mind, don't know if it was ivanovic or terry in the chelsea match who had to dust himself off after a few meetings with dzeko...

so I'm not worried about him getting the hang of it and playing with the back to his goal, he can do it...I just hope that he will be the one partnered upfront with Aguero or Balotelli and that both forwards will profit from that...

I'm afraid that Mancini will bench him and have tevez and Aguero playing all the time....in that case, as I already mentioned on another thread, loan him to everton and watch him flourish

I agree with you on both, he had decent Moments in the FR but still nothing which is going to show us hes improvement. Lets face it, Dzeko can defend at an strategic Level maybe (Corners), but in the Game Tevez is the Sort of Player which is fitting Mancinis Gameplan more. Well im not blaming Roberto now, its an PL - Europe issue, Teams arent allowed to ave one or two Players which dont do the 1rst Defender Work. Its the future, all 11 Players will act like an Circle and have the pretty same Movement. Tevez is born for that.
However, there are possiably Situations where Mancini will use Edin for the turn. And it would have an bigger Impact if the Teams Midfield would work without Improvement needed, but its not. Johnson cant connect game, Barry is getting of the Ball quickly where Silva is showing hes own graup. Players like Milner or SWP, who could do a lot for Dzeko aint playing a Role for the 1rst Team. The Fullbacks dont ave any build Automatics, like the whole Midfield. Silva is an entertainer nd he gives an Wow Effect but hes Role aint defined, i belive Silva is playing on hes own. There is a lot where i doubt Mancinis Gameplan, but hes aving an High-Risk Job, there is no Time. Some Blues already think we re going to win the League next Season, thats Mancinis Problem, Time.

Dzeko needs an open Gameplan, which Mancini will never allow. On the End it would be really better to loan him now, Everton or Newcastle would do it.

Exclusive - Tottenham fail with shock swoop for Edin Dzeko

By Warren Haughton
Monday, August 8

Tottenham have been thwarted in their attempts to sign Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.
talkSPORT have been told that a potential deal was in place for the striker to move to White Hart Lane, but Spurs failed to get anywhere near his astronomical wages of around £200,00 per week.
Redknapp was keen on signing Dzeko in January before he opted to join City in a £27m deal and decided to go back in for the Bosnian this summer, after Roberto Mancini landed Sergio Aguero.
Dzeko struggled to make an impact at City in the second half of last season, scoring just once in 14 Premier League appearances, and City were understood to be willing to let him leave.
However, Spurs cannot match the wages he earns at City and have now been forced to look elsewhere as Redknapp desperately tries to improve his striking options for the new season.

johnny crossan said:
Exclusive - Tottenham fail with shock swoop for Edin Dzeko

By Warren Haughton
Monday, August 8

Tottenham have been thwarted in their attempts to sign Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.
talkSPORT have been told that a potential deal was in place for the striker to move to White Hart Lane, but Spurs failed to get anywhere near his astronomical wages of around £200,00 per week.
Redknapp was keen on signing Dzeko in January before he opted to join City in a £27m deal and decided to go back in for the Bosnian this summer, after Roberto Mancini landed Sergio Aguero.
Dzeko struggled to make an impact at City in the second half of last season, scoring just once in 14 Premier League appearances, and City were understood to be willing to let him leave.
However, Spurs cannot match the wages he earns at City and have now been forced to look elsewhere as Redknapp desperately tries to improve his striking options for the new season.

If talksport did Clarkies !!. ;)

I smell bullshit. I mean ANOTHER player that is, according to the media, on '200 grand a week'?! Bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.