Edin Dzeko

Revolver said:
Dzeko has a scoring rate of nearly 1 in 2 games for City I think, has been a model pro from what I can make out and is part of a great City team.

Whilst he's not beyond criticism I find some of the negative comments about him poor and he deserves more respect.
As does Mario to be fair

pudge said:
cedb5699_Popcorn.gif

Whats Nathan Dyer got to do with anything...................is he signing for us

pudge said:
Revolver said:
Dzeko has a scoring rate of nearly 1 in 2 games for City I think, has been a model pro from what I can make out and is part of a great City team.

Whilst he's not beyond criticism I find some of the negative comments about him poor and he deserves more respect.
As does Mario to be fair

I suppose apart from the model pro (and i admit he's not as bad as the likes of Redknapp make out) my previous message could apply to Ballotelli.

I just get irritated at the snearing attitude some City fans show towards Dzeko. Dzeko job is to score goal and that is what he largely does,

whp.blue said:
I seem to be in a minority on here but I rate the guy

he needs a run of games

I rate him too.

He scored two away at the swamp yet missed three easy chances its true..didnt see anyone complain then..

I suppose he was another "Marwood signing".

I thought he played well tbh. He's not an impact sub, he's a player who buries chances over 90 mins (look at what he did a year ago, before he was, ahem, rested).

he's a hard worker who has very good positioning

maybe not the most talented with the ball at his feet, although pretty good for a big man

problem here is that people don't seem to understand that a player of his type scores through volume, not quality. Tevez may do nothing for 70 minutes and then pounce on one, that's his game, but Edin is more of a player who is constantly getting into dangerous positions and forcing the defense to make the play over and over. Eventually they don't and he bags one, but there's a lot more frustration when he doesn't bury every chance he gets. The bottom line, for me, is that Edin is seldom completely out of the game, which is what happens to Balotelli far too much. Balo takes himself out of play drifting out to that wing where he really is just occupying space. I'd rather he make diagonal runs behind the defnese when Tevez picks the ball up short.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.