Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be a done deal with Dortmund on todays lack of interest.
Thanks for the goals Edin especially "that one".

I defended him madly at half time on the in game discussion thread but the second half today he was woeful.

I am still not going to give up on him though. He is a fantastic Striker and I still want him here next Season.

Marvin said:
Very good post from Motown blue.

I think many months ago, the majority of City fans had come to accept that Dzeko doesn't suit City's style of play, but at the same time I can not accept such indifference in his game.

Pride in himself and his team mates. Good players have a mentality that they will not be beaten. Where was all that?

Kompany had a shocker too, but Dzeko is the same week after week, and I expected him to be hungry because he's not playing and what was worse today was that he was fresh when our team was tired and he gave us nothing.

Indeed quality post from Motown. Rarity among usual bunch of crap.

Marvin - i have to agree with you; there is no excuse for his lack of effort and hunger. Every player stepping on that pitch should leave it with blood and sweat like Zaba and Tevez do every damn game. In fact, Edin's performance since Arsenal away game back in January has been downhill.

Back to our 'style' of play. I am confused, someone please help me understand this logic ...

Who brought Edin to the club? Mancini.
Did Edin ever play City's style of play in his previous clubs? No.
Why the fck did then Mancini bring Edin to MCFC? Maybe to offer something different, aka Plan D(zeko)
When we played our style using two best players Kun and Tevez, did it always work. Hmm.. mostly.
When opponents started reading our plays this season and Kun/Tevez/Silva's magic went Poof, we needed Plan D. Did Edin deliver it off the bench? Fuck YEAH ! ( see Fulham (A), West Brom (A), Spurs (H) )
What was different then for those games to turn our way? Other 10 players immediately adapted their play to suit his strengths (ie. pace picked up, stubborn drive trough middle box stopped and crosses being whipped). Result = games won !
What happens when Edin starts and team plays usual 'style' ? Unlike last few games when ball is rolling off of him, he usually carries defense with him, leaving spaniards to do their magic. Scores few goals and few assists.

Knowing all this, why so much negativity against the player that honestly left the mark in the team that did not play to his strengths. I dont remember we ever truly played to his strengths just to f'k up opponents... If he indeed moves, that would be my only regret that you did not see true Edin in blue shirt. But dont worry, you will see him in Brazil staring Bosnian NT blue ;)

I have a feeling he would rather be on the bench sitting out the game, than on the pitch knowing he is not going to be utilized in best possible way.

mcfc_nyc said:
Marvin said:
Very good post from Motown blue.

I think many months ago, the majority of City fans had come to accept that Dzeko doesn't suit City's style of play, but at the same time I can not accept such indifference in his game.

Pride in himself and his team mates. Good players have a mentality that they will not be beaten. Where was all that?

Kompany had a shocker too, but Dzeko is the same week after week, and I expected him to be hungry because he's not playing and what was worse today was that he was fresh when our team was tired and he gave us nothing.

Indeed quality post from Motown. Rarity among usual bunch of crap.

Marvin - i have to agree with you; there is no excuse for his lack of effort and hunger. Every player stepping on that pitch should leave it with blood and sweat like Zaba and Tevez do every damn game. In fact, Edin's performance since Arsenal away game back in January has been downhill.

Back to our 'style' of play. I am confused, someone please help me understand this logic ...

Who brought Edin to the club? Mancini.
Did Edin ever play City's style of play in his previous clubs? No.
Why the fck did then Mancini bring Edin to MCFC? Maybe to offer something different, aka Plan D(zeko)
When we played our style using two best players Kun and Tevez, did it always work. Hmm.. mostly.
When opponents started reading our plays this season and Kun/Tevez/Silva's magic went Poof, we needed Plan D. Did Edin deliver it off the bench? Fuck YEAH ! ( see Fulham (A), West Brom (A), Spurs (H) )
What was different then for those games to turn our way? Other 10 players immediately adapted their play to suit his strengths (ie. pace picked up, stubborn drive trough middle box stopped and crosses being whipped). Result = games won !
What happens when Edin starts and team plays usual 'style' ? Unlike last few games when ball is rolling off of him, he usually carries defense with him, leaving spaniards to do their magic. Scores few goals and few assists.

Knowing all this, why so much negativity against the player that honestly left the mark in the team that did not play to his strengths. I dont remember we ever truly played to his strengths just to f'k up opponents... If he indeed moves, that would be my only regret that you did not see true Edin in blue shirt. But dont worry, you will see him in Brazil staring Bosnian NT blue ;)

I have a feeling he would rather be on the bench sitting out the game, than on the pitch knowing he is not going to be utilized in best possible way.

too much logic for most of the haters but good post regardless.

Having bad games or not being suited to the way a team is set up is forgivable, not being arsed, is not, he was woeful on Sunday and didnt put a shift in at all.. He needs to take a look at how Tevez conducts himself during a game.. He has to go for me now, he's a hinderance to our team and its like playing with 10 men when he plays.

I am sorry but i don't care what style of play he likes, you cannot excuse not being able to win headers, hold the ball up, pass to a teammate and generally acting like a spoilt child for however many minutes.

I bet Dawson and Vertonghen couldn't believe it after the game.

You knew within 10mins what kind of game he was going to have and it was a shite one.

Its not always been this was, he has had games where he has players really well and come off the bench and won us games but he is far too inconsistent.

I pray we have already sold him.

Defended the lad many times and stated our style of play will never get the best out of him but ffs, yesterday was an all time low and i dont think ive ever seen such disinterest from a player and a complete lack of footballing ability.

What the fuck was Bob even thinking leaving him on?

We have seen Dzeko come on, fight for every ball & win us games.

We have also seen Dzeko play pretty much as he did yesterday. It's nothing to do with our style of play, it's him. That's how he is. When he puts on a City shirt, you never know which Dzeko is going to turn up, the one who is arsed & a nightmare to mark, or the pile of shit we saw v Spurs.

He may have a move lined up, but thet's not why he was shit, he played some games exactly the same last season. People have defended him by making excuses.

I have been hopeful he would change his attitude. He won't. He needs a league & a team where his half arsed games don't matter, so long as he scores in other games. That's not the case in the Premier League.

He shouldn't play another game for City.

Neville Kneville said:
We have seen Dzeko come on, fight for every ball & win us games.

We have also seen Dzeko play pretty much as he did yesterday. It's nothing to do with our style of play, it's him. That's how he is. When he puts on a City shirt, you never know which Dzeko is going to turn up, the one who is arsed & a nightmare to mark, or the pile of shit we saw v Spurs.

He may have a move lined up, but thet's not why he was shit, he played some games exactly the same last season. People have defended him by making excuses.

I have been hopeful he would change his attitude. He won't. He needs a league & a team where his half arsed games don't matter, so long as he scores in other games. That's not the case in the Premier League.

He shouldn't play another game for City.

Agree,it was like playing with ten men reminded me of some chelsea games I saw when torres was the only option they had prior to Ba signing but at least Torres tries to link up play but Dzeko looked like he didnt care and no urgency what so ever. I hope mancini give Guidetti a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.