Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people concerned over Cavani? He is way more complete than Dzeko and is actually better at some things that we have valued Dzeko for. Cavani has some great long range shooting, free kicks (something we are quite poor at), will improve us greatly on the counter attack, actually challenges for headers and will hold the ball up (these are things Dzeko should do but wimps out so much), and above all he has consistently scored large numbers of goals (something that even Aguero and Tevez have struggled to do; Cavani has scored 33 goals in 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 32 so far in 2012-2013). I think he will be great.

EaglesFan said:
2) Speaking of attitude. Too many superstars DOES NOT equal a great team - please see Dortmund. You need guys on the bench, eager for something to prove. All Roberto knows is to cry for MORE superstars. When you have Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, and Balotelli - that is a lot of fucking ego to handle. Will NEVER work. If City keeps Tevez and Aguero - add Cavani/Falcao/Lewandowski - and you are deemed for fallout, AGAIN. Look at Madrid - they have only Benzema and Higuain, but as Mourinho plays ONE - there are issues with both of them already.

Neither 1 or 2 above have anything to do with Edin...fact.

Absolute balderdash.

Dzeko's attitude has been horrible in recent months, he's not eager to come off the bench, he wants to start and nothing less. Yet, when he does he neither looks hungry, puts in a shift or scores goals.

It's his fault he didn't succeed at City, as either he:

a. Doesn't have the ability to adapt his game to the team
b. Doesn't have the mentality to be part of a squad challenging for multiple honours.

Those are his faults. He was a humble guy when he first joined, seemed genuinely happy to have joined City and happy to contribute. Somewhere along the line that changed and as his performances dipped, so did his mentality.

EaglesFan said:
Short summary of Dzeko's carrer at City:

City got two pieces of silverware in a year, and he played a major part in both.

Even those who hate him will never forget him (whether you like it or not)...even if he did nothing other that QPR equalizer (which he surely did).

He is part of this team's history forever, whatever each of us individually think of him.

And that's it, really...

Also, in a years time we will all wish we have a 3rd striker who will, in a bad year, bag 13 goals in EPL.

I think you should post this in one or two more threads, you haven't told everyone yet.

EaglesFan said:
Short summary of Dzeko's carrer at City:

City got two pieces of silverware in a year, and he played a major part in both.

Even those who hate him will never forget him (whether you like it or not)...even if he did nothing other that QPR equalizer (which he surely did).

He is part of this team's history forever, whatever each of us individually think of him.

And that's it, really...

Also, in a years time we will all wish we have a 3rd striker who will, in a bad year, bag 13 goals in EPL.

Edin will FOREVER be a champion

NoahCity said:
why are people concerned over Cavani? He is way more complete than Dzeko and is actually better at some things that we have valued Dzeko for. Cavani has some great long range shooting, free kicks (something we are quite poor at), will improve us greatly on the counter attack, actually challenges for headers and will hold the ball up (these are things Dzeko should do but wimps out so much), and above all he has consistently scored large numbers of goals (something that even Aguero and Tevez have struggled to do; Cavani has scored 33 goals in 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 32 so far in 2012-2013). I think he will be great.

And he has the best defensive display amongst the top strikers.

Even today, after not playing for a month Dzeko is Man. City's highest scorer.

Dzeko, only 1530 minutes played - 12 goals.
Tevez, 2170 minutes played - 11 goals.
Aguero, 4360 minutes played - 11 goals.

Dzeko is basically 3 times more effective than Aguero. Mancini never saw it that way and never appreciated it. Time for Dzeko to move on. I don't blame him for not being interested to play. Who would?

WimbledonRd said:

Dzeko is basically 3 times more effective than Aguero. Mancini never saw it that way and never appreciated it. Time for Dzeko to move on. I don't blame him for not being interested to play. Who would?

hmmm, not sure if serious

WimbledonRd said:

Not played for a month????

He had 80+ mins 8 days ago and was absolute gash yet again. Plus 45 mins at home against Wigan and was awful in that game too..

IMO he has played his last game for City and i for one am glad about that.

WimbledonRd said:

I assume you're only counting league goals as it's the only way to fit your agenda

Tevez has 17 goals this season
Aguero has 16 goals this season
Dzeko has 13 goals this season

Bobbies Black Bins said:
WimbledonRd said:

Not played for a month????

He had 80+ mins 8 days ago and was absolute gash yet again. Plus 45 mins at home against Wigan and was awful in that game too..

IMO he has played his last game for City and i for one am glad about that.

BS, he played great against Wigan, much better than Aguero in the 1st half in fact. David Platt even praised him in the post match interview. I don't think Dzeko was ready to play 135 minutes in 4 days after being sidelined for a month, Mancini hung him out to dry. Dzeko should have at least been subbed out at half time vs spurs as it was obvious he was having a bad game.

In light of recent Dortmund transfer rumors, Dzeko went to train with a boxer (Felix Sturm). Anyone who knows anything about boxing knows this is mainly endurance training. Something Dzeko needs since he doesn't get to play enough. At least he realizes his endurance is shit and needs to be worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.